[1.12] Time Control [2.11]

westamastaflash

• 1 month later...
On 3/6/2021 at 2:18 AM, VCamProbe said:

Hey guys is there any way to reduce how much TC will spam the debug console? I get a bunch of messages for every time I press anything.

In the mod settings (part of the game settings area) there is a debug level to reduce messages.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In recent testing with KSP 1.12 and Time Control I've discovered that using Hyperwarp kills all engine sounds, as well as some other sounds like the robotic scanning arm. Strangely, other sounds like aero whoosh and staging are unaffected. All the affected sounds work again after closing and reopening KSP. Stock physics warp doesn't cause the same issue.

Just thought you'd want to know in case it's a bug that will impact a lot of people. Thanks for your work on this excellent mod!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 6:36 AM, westamastaflash said:

I recompiled for 1.12. As for sounds I don't really have time to debug. But if someone wants to look into the code to figure out why sounds are dropped when going to hyperwarp, feel free.

I found out even more. If you basically use hyperwarp, and explode during it (ex. atmospheric heat explosion) and quickly revert back, you'll lose engine / ship sound effects for as long as the game runs, until you restart.

I spent long time trying to remove each mod, until I just read your comment here, and just exploded while had time warp going, and right after this the sounds of the ship were cut off for the next of the session.

It's a real shame, since basically that also causes it during gameplay itself, I suppose not even requiring death (maybe been a coincidence right now?)

Although basically each session flight I've had that I used hyperwarp always had its sound cut off for the rest of the session till restart, for some reason.

Hyperwarp is love, but if it does that, its a shame

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@Rayhkale Thanks for the kind words. 

@Tonas1997 Yes and no. This is not 'thrust on rails' - this simply increases the speed at which KSP does physics calculations (and can reduce their number also) which has the happy result of allowing faster than real-time thrust.

@Alexsys Thanks for your research and sorry I haven't done anything with it. Someday I might come back to this mod / game but as of now I'm just trying to keep its lights on.

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2022 at 4:51 AM, westamastaflash said:

@Rayhkale Thanks for the kind words. 

@Tonas1997 Yes and no. This is not 'thrust on rails' - this simply increases the speed at which KSP does physics calculations (and can reduce their number also) which has the happy result of allowing faster than real-time thrust.

@Alexsys Thanks for your research and sorry I haven't done anything with it. Someday I might come back to this mod / game but as of now I'm just trying to keep its lights on.

A grand break time is always grand, and importante. :)

Edited by Alexsys

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I love this mod.

I am having an issue which some other had also. Look at this thread:

Maybe warping is causing the bug in stock, and maybe your mod can fix it somehow.

I only can wish that I mean.. I am not asking for anything but maybe you are interested in it idk. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 12:40 PM, Alexsys said:

I found out even more. If you basically use hyperwarp, and explode during it (ex. atmospheric heat explosion) and quickly revert back, you'll lose engine / ship sound effects for as long as the game runs, until you restart.

I spent long time trying to remove each mod, until I just read your comment here, and just exploded while had time warp going, and right after this the sounds of the ship were cut off for the next of the session.

It's a real shame, since basically that also causes it during gameplay itself, I suppose not even requiring death (maybe been a coincidence right now?)

Although basically each session flight I've had that I used hyperwarp always had its sound cut off for the rest of the session till restart, for some reason.

Hyperwarp is love, but if it does that, its a shame

There is an additional situation where I can reliably reproduce the sound cutting out issue. Can reproduce by doing this:

1. Load a game with only Stock stuff (with expansions, in my case) and TimeControl.

2. Start hyperwarping at any accelerated speed.

3. Switch to map view and back. If you switch while hyperwarping, it will cut out sounds. If you switch when NOT hyperwarping, it won't.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Warp Rates and Altitude Limits (on the "R" tab) are not saved between launches of the game.

Also default stock Altitude limits was made less restrictive several ksp versions before. 

Edited by flart

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.