[1.12] Time Control [2.11]

westamastaflash

2 hours ago, SaintBeefTheProphet said:

Hey, new to this kinda stuff but I'm getting an error with your mod and the log indicates that it's trying to locate GlobalSettings.cfg, could you please help me?

Please upload a link to your output.log (or Player.log) file, or post the full error message.

If you can recreate the issue, please go into the game options from the space center screen, and change the logging level to TRACE under the Time Control settings, then cause the issue to occur.

There's more info here on how to find your output.log file. It could be something related to your account not having rights to the folder that holds the config file. What OS and KSP version?

Edited by westamastaflash

1 hour ago, SaintBeefTheProphet said:

Here's my output log, as I said though it seems to be focusing on finding GlobalSettings.cfgKLTbsxh.png

Hmm. I don't have the Steam version of KSP. It is trying to create the file here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TimeControl\PluginData\

Does this folder exist, and is user-writable on your machine?

Also, have you seen any similar errors with other mods that save settings to their PluginData Folders? Try Kerbal Alarm Clock and see if the settings save properly - I use the same basic logic to write the settings file that KAC does.

4 hours ago, SaintBeefTheProphet said:

Nope, to both that is. I can't find this file anywhere and I can't find it in the gibhub directory.

When you extract TimeControl.2.8.2.zip, you need to copy the entire TimeControl folder into the GameData. The zip file includes the PluginData folder. The mod is trying to create the settings file, but it can't because either the PluginData folder does not exist, or the user account that you are running the game under doesn't have rights to write to that folder. 

2 hours ago, SaintBeefTheProphet said:

I think it might because KSP was all read-only, so I just unapplied read-only and to be sure, I also created PluginData folder and made sure it's not read-only.

After doing this, I find the mod is functioning correctly, thanks!

Excellent.

One piece of advice that I have found is that it's often worth it to make a copy of your KSP app folder somewhere other than steam, and put mods in that copy of the game. There is no DRM on the game. Plus, when steam does a 'validation' of the game it may or may not decide to remove mods...

Hi.. I have an annoying problem and that is that if I slice the delta Physics time slider to the minimum (0.02) and I warp x4 in atmosphere it automatically jumps to 0.08. And when I go back to x1 speed, it doesn't come back to 0.02 delta time. And I have to go and slice it back down again. Can you please make it so it remembers to remember maybe, or some fix to this so I don't have to come back everytime I warp to slice down which it also forces me to stay that window opened? On top of this, I haveKerboKatz fps limiter installed, with the latest release that comes with it's own delta time slider but it doesn't fix it either...

(Also, on my Ksp main menu settings, I have the slider all the way down also, to 0.02)

5 minutes ago, Agustin said:

Hi.. I have an annoying problem and that is that if I slice the delta Physics time slider to the minimum (0.02) and I warp x4 in atmosphere it automatically jumps to 0.08. And when I go back to x1 speed, it doesn't come back to 0.02 delta time. And I have to go and slice it back down again. Can you please make it so it remembers to remember maybe, or some fix to this so I don't have to come back everytime I warp to slice down which it also forces me to stay that window opened? On top of this, I haveKerboKatz fps limiter installed, with the latest release that comes with it's own delta time slider but it doesn't fix it either...

(Also, on my Ksp main menu settings, I have the slider all the way down also, to 0.02)

Are you using the built-in KSP Physics Warp or Time Control's Hyper Warp. Hyper Warp should always reset to what it was previously... If it is not, that's a bug.

I can try to put in something to remember your setting when using the KSP physics warp...

Also, I would highly advise against using multiple mods that mess with the time settings in the game. There is likely going to be some kind of conflict given how each of them operate. I did my best in time control to do multiple checks to ensure that it continues working but I can't make any guarantees.

7 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

Are you using the built-in KSP Physics Warp or Time Control's Hyper Warp. Hyper Warp should always reset to what it was previously... If it is not, that's a bug.

I can try to put in something to remember your setting when using the KSP physics warp...

I am using bettertimewarp, but I can uninstall because I found you implemented that on the last release, right? I haven't used it yet though

EDIT I don't  understand what you mean. I am warping in atmoasphere, so it is physics warp...

i AM USING STOCK X4 WARP IN ATMOSPHERE ACTIVATED WITH   "."
And yes, please, I would be very happy

Edited by Agustin

10 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I am using bettertimewarp, but I can uninstall because I found you implemented that on the last release, right? I haven't used it yet though

EDIT I don't  understand what you mean. I am warping in atmoasphere, so it is physics warp...

i AM USING STOCK X4 WARP IN ATMOSPHERE ACTIVATED WITH   "."

Check out the hyper warp tab in the GUI. It does the same thing that the stock KSP phys-warp does except it doesn't reduce physics unless you tell it to. Pretty much all the various actions can be bound to the keyboard too and used even when the GUI is not displayed.

I will see if I can figure a way to persist the max delta time slider and automatically reset it after a stock KSP phys-warp is performed. Probably will make it into an optional setting since I don't necessarily want to always override the stock behavior.

1 hour ago, westamastaflash said:

Check out the hyper warp tab in the GUI. It does the same thing that the stock KSP phys-warp does except it doesn't reduce physics unless you tell it to. Pretty much all the various actions can be bound to the keyboard too and used even when the GUI is not displayed.

I will see if I can figure a way to persist the max delta time slider and automatically reset it after a stock KSP phys-warp is performed. Probably will make it into an optional setting since I don't necessarily want to always override the stock behavior.

I tried doing what you said, using timecontrol hyperwarp instead of stock, but it doesn't remember either. Although the delta time says it comes back, it doesn't really, and when I slice the slider back and force it then readjusts as I explained earlier. I uninstalled BetterTimewarp and deltaTimeLimiter so it doesn¿'t interfere also... So is it a bug? Again, there seems to be -in the question mark menu- a feature that reads your actual delta time and it reads like it does remmeber and comeback, but I can tell it doesn't because if I move the slider to the left, and then back to the right, the game slows down, so I know it is rewriting it just then... It is not remembering automatically.

EDIT: OK it does work. I just have to set physics accuracy on 1, because if not it doesn't though... It would be nice if it did neverthele, because with physics accuracy 1, I only get 1.4x speed I suppose maybe because it's my computer processing power that allows it, so I can't go flying with my plane in that speed if I wanna go far. I often go x4 speed with stock... If I could get Physics accuracy on 3 or 4, and it remembered to get back to 0.02 delta time when back to x1 speed, it would be great.... :)

Edited by Agustin

21 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I tried doing what you said, using timecontrol hyperwarp instead of stock, but it doesn't remember either. Although the delta time says it comes back, it doesn't really, and when I slice the slider back and force it then readjusts as I explained earlier. I uninstalled BetterTimewarp and deltaTimeLimiter so it doesn¿'t interfere also... So is it a bug? Again, there seems to be -in the question mark menu- a feature that reads your actual delta time and it reads like it does remmeber and comeback, but I can tell it doesn't because if I move the slider to the left, and then back to the right, the game slows down, so I know it is rewriting it just then... It is not remembering automatically.

EDIT: OK it does work. I just have to set physics accuracy on 1, because if not it doesn't though... It would be nice if it did neverthele, because with physics accuracy 1, I only get 1.4x speed I suppose maybe because it's my computer processing power that allows it, so I can't go flying with my plane in that speed if I wanna go far. I often go x4 speed with stock... If I could get Physics accuracy on 3 or 4, and it remembered to get back to 0.02 delta time when back to x1 speed, it would be great.... :)

Thanks for testing. There are two things that KSP uses to track this - the game settings value, which is what you set in the settings menu and what TimeControl's ? screen displays, and the Unity Time.maximumDeltaTime, which I think unity automatically changes when the physics settings change.

I can add a feature to automatically reset this for both ksp phys-warp and hyper-warp. It might take a few days to code depending on how much time I get in the next week. You can follow the issue here and I will post when I fix it.

https://github.com/ntwest/TimeControl/issues/34

On 11/26/2017 at 6:24 PM, Agustin said:

If I could get Physics accuracy on 3 or 4, and it remembered to get back to 0.02 delta time when back to x1 speed, it would be great.... :)

Fixed in 2.8.3. It will reset to whatever you have the max delta time to set in the ? box or in the game settings in the main menu.

Also provided the ability to set what MaxDeltaTime should be set to while Hyper-Warping. This can drop your frame rate but you might get an extra 1x or 2x out of the hyper warp since there is less drawing / more calculating per second.

10 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Fixed in 2.8.3. It will reset to whatever you have the max delta time to set in the ? box or in the game settings in the main menu.

Also provided the ability to set what MaxDeltaTime should be set to while Hyper-Warping. This can drop your frame rate but you might get an extra 1x or 2x out of the hyper warp since there is less drawing / more calculating per second.

thank you thank you thank you! Will test this now. Happy :)

• 2 months later...

I'd really like to be able to just pause my rocket in flight and of course speed up plane journeys. there is just one question I couldn't find an answer to while going over the documentation;

What will happen to let's say MechJeb? Right now the way to make plane journeys less tedious is to hand my plane to MJ and make him hold the course until I'm close to my target, what would happen if I speed up or pause my game with MJ active?!

4 minutes ago, maculator said:

I'd really like to be able to just pause my rocket in flight and of course speed up plane journeys. there is just one question I couldn't find an answer to while going over the documentation;

What will happen to let's say MechJeb? Right now the way to make plane journeys less tedious is to hand my plane to MJ and make him hold the course until I'm close to my target, what would happen if I speed up or pause my game with MJ active?!

In theory, everything should work just fine. The changes that Time Control makes are directly to the unity engine, so as long other tools use "in-game" time rather than real time, everything should work. I'm pretty sure MJ does everything with in-game time (or it wouldn't work when Unity slows down the game for complex physics calculations). Note that if you are messing with the physics delta (reduced in hyper warp or sped up in slow-motion) you might get wonky results since you're changing how often the game engine calculates physics. But in general I have had no trouble using the autopilots (and in fact when in very high hyper-warp found that sometimes it's the best way to control a craft).

Just wanted to tell you how awesome this mod is!

I installed it after I realizing that Hox and Leto (from GPP) has like 40 year travel times, and there was no way I was sitting around that long on the fastest normal warp speed. Now I can choose to warp at whatever speed I feel like. :)

(and impatiently miss my maneuver nodes by that much more ;))

Edited by MechBFP

44 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

(and impatiently miss my maneuver nodes by that much more ;))

The 'Mnv' button on the QuickWarp and Warp-To UT tabs will warp you directly to the next manuver node. If you use the warp-to UT, you can right click on the time buttons subtract from the manuver's time, minus whatever amount you want.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.