[1.12] Time Control [2.11]

westamastaflash

On 8/25/2017 at 4:05 PM, Greystripe3 said:

@linuxgurugamer I think I found an issue. Once the slow motion slider is brought back to 1x, the simulation rate does not go back to normal speed.

I am in the middle of a big refactor. Sorry it's taken so long, I'm changing it all over to use the Unity UI, as well as refactoring some of the things that seemed to cause framerate drops. I only get a chance to work on it once in awhile as I've got a toddler at home and just moved into a new house. I'm hoping to have it ready when the non-beta of the latest release drops. This issue should also go away with the refactor, I'm splitting out the slow mo and hyper warp code into their own modules for easier testing and debugging.

Edited by westamastaflash

On 8/27/2017 at 1:08 PM, westamastaflash said:

I am in the middle of a big refactor. Sorry it's taken so long, I'm changing it all over to use the Unity UI, as well as refactoring some of the things that seemed to cause framerate drops. I only get a chance to work on it once in awhile as I've got a toddler at home and just moved into a new house. I'm hoping to have it ready when the non-beta of the latest release drops. This issue should also go away with the refactor, I'm splitting out the slow mo and hyper warp code into their own modules for easier testing and debugging.

Ah, ok. I hope all goes well and don't stress to release it! Its your schedule and nobody else's.

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2017 at 8:03 AM, nickicool said:

I hope, this mod be adaptive for 1.3.1. Amazing mode! Especially slow-mo functions!

Still in progress. Will try to release a version without Unity UI since that's more work than I can do reasonably at the moment.

GUI:

Spoiler

y4mEV1Q9l_MA8NQ_tYHavGDmbDAPvuB66TSrujBqy4mQV23X_-QTx32tWEnLkD9w--7jh4WeESh7ZeJb

y4mY42w5I5CpXwFEC6qMqLs7bBYBvBTF7Fjt8AaSy4mvJCZzeJ-oDxcnJPrYV9hjEICYYeLKWfasuvyk

y4mE8L-BxmaBltyLY0nZPEzJHUjaxCiiR255YQhXy4mjs8qvYwemEplterDR-m4_RDSq0czMEypnOzjX

y4mbBDLHCISVbOWFQgCS7vscr5U_cilCd5alosJ6y4mKyRQkklEKErpL8LH2JSOejIoru23Y97GXthdlF04X9eSGLl4zH_9hHqKr0nhS38YBTHwRnSEok0xCsbFmWPdaGVSEq8StLVBNU19gCsJ5PI4YKowf3bREFkbQhYYmM52Mn68njhtrlM-ojicQOXKlOyfV_dtoINJuXyjfrbWPcxJj-t8D3ktYR8wg0LAh4EGY0BlmngaDzhjpvnAJzZpIg?width=615&height=420&cropmode=none

Development Update 11/05/17:

Feature-Complete:

• IMGUI Updates
    • Window remembers separate positions and whether the window is shown by default in the Space Center, Flight, and Tracking Station. These are global settings, irrespective of save game.
    • Removed special settings window. Most settings toggles moved into standard game settings. Created a new "?" tab directly on the main window and moved max delta time slider into it.
  • Rails Editor (R)
    • Warp Rates and Altitude limits are set per savegame in a SCENARIO object inside the persistence file, not globally. This will require users to reset their rates when using the new version.
    • Buttons to set rates to time-multiples (each realtime second = X gametime seconds (5 sec, 1 min, 1 hr, etc).
      • Standard Kerbin Time:
        • 5s/s 15s/s, 45s/s, 60s/s
        • 1m/s, 5m/s, 15m/s, 45m/s
        • 1hr/s, 3hr/s
        • 1d/s, 5ds/s, 15d/s, 45d/s, 135d/s (Note that Kerbin-Days are 21650.8s,)
        • 1yr/s (Kerbin-Years are 9203544.6s, but since rate is stored as a 32bit floating point value, I use 9203544x for the 1yr/s rate.)
      • Standard Earth Time
        • 5s/s 15s/s, 45s/s, 60s/s
        • 1m/s, 5m/s, 15m/s, 45m/s
        • 1hr/s, 3hr/s, 12hr/s
        • 1d/s, 5d/s, 15d/s, 30d/s, 90d/s, 180d/s
        • 1yr/s
    • Buttons to set altitudes to each celestial body's altitude height OR 1km if body has no Atmosphere.
    • Button to reset rates and altitude limits to defaults
  • New Functionality: QuickWarp (Q) and Warp-To UT (W)
    • QuickWarp has a selection of buttons to immediately warp for a specific amount of seconds/minutes/hours/days/years/orbits, or to a vessel's Ap/Pe/AN/DN/Manuver Node and then stop.
    • Warp-To UT has a similar selection of buttons, but these add/subtract from a Target UT value, to allow you to specify exactly the time. Left click adds to the target UT, Right click subtracts (like the PreciseNode mod does). The Vessel buttons reset the Target UT directly to that point. Also has fields where a user can enter an exact amount of years, days, hours, minutes, and seconds
    • Both tabs are integrated with KAC to warp to the upcoming KAC alarm. Recommendation is to disable the auto-warp stop in KAC, as the TimeControl one is faster and will jump nearly instantaneously if you have a good amount of warp rates spaced out mostly evenly (I recommend using the 'standard kerbin time' settings).
  • Updated Functionality: KeyBindings (K)
    • Created a new tab for Key Bindings
  • Updated Functionality: Slow-Motion (S)
    • Reduced garbage creation and changed functionality somewhat. Now you can set a speed much like Hyper-Warp, and turn on and off slow-motion independently.

To-Do After Release:

• QuickWarp
    • Add a setting to the vessel quickwarps to stop X seconds before the upcoming location
  • Slow-Motion
    • Rebuild the FPS-Keeper logic
  • Hyper-Warp
    • Add GUI to display if Hyper-Warp Timed-Warp is running and disable button if so

Future Features:

• Unity GUI
  • Use KSPDateTimeFormatter settings for year and day multipliers of warp rates
  • Ability to define custom key bindings for any quick warp combination (Warp for 357 seconds, or Warp to 1 minute before AP, etc).
  • Compute Impact Time and add a warp-to & quickwarp button to the UT exactly X seconds before impact for suicide burns
  • Auto-Warp should respect SOI transitions of all vessels, and slow down to manage them properly, then speed back up. Probably too much work to do initially.
  • KSPedia Tutorial

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Mod is outdated on CKAN

I just updated it! Give it some time to refresh, I believe CKAN goes to github automatically and runs a NetKAN process to update it. If it's not getting updated check with the ckan folks...

3 minutes ago, westamastaflash said:

I just updated it! Give it some time to refresh, the version number was just updated.

Oh, k. :sticktongue:

P.S. When using the manual download version, the game crashed, MiniAVC registers 2.8 as 2.7, made me reinstall the mod, still crashed. (Maybe my other 20 mods are causing issues. :/ Hope CKAN helps me with that :D

P.P.S. Did you update it after I wrote? :)

Edited by Bej Kerman

I had an issue were every time I load a craft be it a plane or a rocket they would jump off the pad or wobble enough to fall over/break.  With this mod I finally can stop that from happening.  THANK YOU!!!

I'm using sigma at 10x which i think is the culprit to my jumping but not sure, i do have kjr which doesn't help for the jump but does for the stiffness of the rockets.

This mod is now on CKAN for 1.3.1. The 1.3 version didn't seem to take properly in the indexer. Tried to clean up the release structure...

@Deimos Rast - I added a bunch more features to the "warp-to" functionality you mention here:

@Maltman Your feature request is finally completed! I set it to allow you to pick any altitude to set the altitude limits to.

Again thank you very much for the work on such a useful and wonderful mod!

And I want to say about the two possibilities that it would be good to add:

• first - reset assigned shortcuts. Set or change - it work all fine. But reset assigned to zero - no or I am dont know how
  • second - adjustment step, slowing to 1% by default very little (to raise or reduce 20% need 20 times the button is pressed)

3 minutes ago, nickicool said:

Again thank you very much for the work on such a useful and wonderful mod!

And I want to say about the two possibilities that it would be good to add:

• first - reset assigned shortcuts. Set or change - it work all fine. But reset assigned to zero - no or I am dont know how
  • second - adjustment step, slowing to 1% by default very little (to raise or reduce 20% need 20 times the button is pressed)

For the first item, I have a bug about the key bindings not being saved properly. I'm looking into it.

For the second item, I already have code written to allow this to be done pretty easily, I just need to figure out how to make it nice in the GUI. Maybe buttons like [-10], [-5], [-1], [+1], [+5], [+10] for slowmo, as well as a key that can be assigned any value?

For me it was very convenient to use the last version continuously regulates slow motion - key decrease key increase. In previous versions you had to press and hold the button and it was so easy to set required speed. In this new version, holding the button does not work. Instead, I need it many times to press needed key. Yes, it is also possible to make very useful if you can add an adjustment amount of one step.

Also for me more usefully to use keys on keyboard to control, not the interface window, where I need to click with the mouse. It's so much easier on the keyboard to increase or decrease the speed of slow motion.

1 minute ago, nickicool said:

For me it was very convenient to use the last version continuously regulates slow motion - key decrease key increase. In previous versions you had to press and hold the button and it was so easy to set required speed. In this new version, holding the button does not work. Instead, I need it many times to press needed key. Yes, it is also possible to make very useful if you can add an adjustment amount of one step.

Also for me more usefully to use keys on keyboard to control, not the interface window, where I need to click with the mouse. It's so much easier on the keyboard to increase or decrease the speed of slow motion.

Thanks, I didn't realize I must have mistakenly removed the key holding down feature. I am looking into these. Hopefully updated version over the weekend maybe?

Big update just released, see first post. You can now do almost anything that the GUI does with the key bindings so map them to your heart's content. 

@nickicoolAssigned shortcuts will now properly persist, and some of the keys now allow you to hold them down to repeat. The repeat interval and how long to wait before starting to repeat can be configured. I don't have the press and hold GUI button items working yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.