Crew are Missing from IVA, EVA

I've been playing the same KSP save for a while and while I was building a station, I noticed the crew I ferried to the station weren't in the bottom right corner. I can't toggle the view with the "c" key to IVA, and the crew portrait is completely missing on every craft. I clicked the hatch and selected the crew to EVA, where they are registered, and when Jeb rolled out, he was fine. However, when he tried to get back in, the hatch registered that he was in but created a duplicate texture of Jeb still on the ladder. I tried to EVA Jeb again, but it said there was something obstructing the hatch. I tried switching to the Phantom Jeb, but the vessel switcher claimed there was nothing there. So, I can't view the IVA or EVA because it locks the hatches. Can someone help me fix this issue?

I'm having the same issue, as well. Another thread made mention of the missing IVA possibility, but like myself, the OP on the thread was missing the portrait from even stock modules with an assumed IVA capability. For instance the mk 1. will post a screenshot of mine here. http://imgur.com/gallery/rvSw3

Posted inline as well, and here's a link to the other forum post: 

U1YufzU.png

tt6KwWM.png

Adding in some potentially useful details on my personal setup. Maybe there's a common element? 

I'm running:

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
    Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz 
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Graphics
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (EVGA) 

KSP version:

Mod list: 

B9 Aerospace (Parts v6.1.2, Props v6.1.2, Modules v1.0.3, Part Switch 1.4.3)

CapCom Mission Control On The Go v2.4

Community Resource Pack v0.5.4.0

Contract Configurator v1.15.5

Contract Pack: SCANsat v0.6.0.1

Contract Parser v4.0

Contract Reward Modifier v2.3

Contracts Window + v6.4

DMagic Orbital Science v1.3.2

Firespitter Core v7.3.0

HyperEdit v1.5.2.1

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core v2.1.1

MechJeb 2 v2.5.8.0

Mechjeb Embedded Universal (It's Free!) v1.3

Module Manager v2.6.25

Near Future (Construction v0.6.4, Electrical v0.7.7, Electrical Core v0.7.7, IVA Props v0.5.1, Propulsion v0.5.1, Solar v0.6.2, Solar Core v0.6.2, Spacecraft v0.5.1)

Prakasa Aeroworks v0.5.0

Progress Parser v5.0

Raster Prop Monitor 1:v0.27.0

Raster Prop Monitor Core 1:v0.27.0

SCANsat v16.3

SmokeScreen Extended FX plugin 2.6.17.0

Station Science v2.0

TweakScale - Rescale Everything! v2.2.13

Edited by ArthurPanther
Adding pertinent details.

ArthurPanther: I have the exact same problem, and we only share *one mod*: Mechjeb.

Sounds like it's either a MechJeb problem or a stock problem... but...

Are you getting the following in your log? 
GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

See, I get *another* symptom. I have PartCommander installed, and I notice something going wrong far earlier than you do. At some point, PartCommander (a small mod which displays a list of all parts, gives the ability to access the right-click menus from a list instead of having to snipe the actual part with a right click) will suddenly stop displaying every part *below* the Mechjeb part (in terms of "time added" descending). At that point, if I try to EVA, I get the same bug that you are having. This makes me strongly suspect that the problem has to do with Mechjeb somehow, although I can't see how it could possibly be the case.

Alright. I figured the only obviously important bit was the GUIElement error, since it's the only error, but I'll post my whole 7MB log. Since it's far too large for a spoiler tag, I uploaded it here: http://john.soupwhale.com/output_log.txt

Let me know if you see anything else out of the ordinary please, but the reason I didn't paste the whole thing earlier is because on my initial skim the only thing that jumped out of me was the OutofRange exception. I'm pretty sure something (perhaps mechjeb-related?) is causing all of the parts past the mechjeb module on the partslist array to get corrupted, or something.

Edited by JohnWittle

I found a work-around. When I notice the parts go missing from PartCommander, I quicksave and reload that save. When the game is reloaded, the parts are back on the list and the output_log.txt spam is gone. This also works to prevent the almost-certainly-related missing-crew bug.

But if you don't have PartCommander then you can't know when you're in a bugged state. So, for now, just quicksave + quickload right before you send someone out on an EVA, *every single time*.

Scratch that. It worked once... at least, I think it worked once. But I just tried it again and this time, when I reloaded, everything was so bugged it was unbelievable. On my navball, the prograde, normal, and radial icons were all aligned on top of each other, my orbital speed was 0m/s, and I couldn't change the state of anything at all. Log here: http://john.soupwhale.com/output_log2

@JPLRepo, did you look over the first log at all? Any ideas?

Edited by JohnWittle

im having the exact same problem and i too have b9. im gonna post on his page see if its a b9 related issue or not. i also strange as it seems have no error logs as of yet which is really odd. and no error messages. what is going on here this seems very strange that its happened to 3 people now. EDIT I HAS ERROR ONLY IN 32bit NOT 64. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vqbody1ybktlc2z/AAAvzgqrOHclFWeoy4LIB16Pa?dl=0

Edited by Keilroy
added error logs

So it turns out that people are aware of this bug and have a much better idea of what's going on and how to fix it; those people just don't come into this forum. But if you read the "Common Issues" thread, it turns out this bug has nothing to do with any mods.

The problem is with the ShieldedPart function, which gets called on parts that are A) inside a fairing or B) inside an engine shroud. If a crewed capsule starts inside a fairing, then EVAd kerbals will bug out. If a docking ring starts inside a fairing, it will bug out. If an engine starts inside a shroud, it will bug out.

The Stock Bug Fixes mod fixes the issue for stock fairings and engine shrouds, but not modded fairings.

The devs are aware of the bug and intend to fix it in an upcoming patch. Until then, install the Stock Bug Fixes mod and use only stock fairings and stock engines (except for unshrouded egines), and, if I have understood things correctly (always a chancy proposition), it will work.

Source: 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.