Idea for new Brown Dwarf star system

I have a decent idea for a simple but interesting new star system that players could explore (if they can reach it, of course). The system would be a gorgeous region of space where a star is being born from a small nebula. The star, an L-type brown dwarf, would be surrounded by ion clouds and asteroids as well as some very unique planets and other significant objects.

Closest to the brown dwarf would be a nebula belt surrounding it, the young star's primary source of "food." The nebula would actually contain oxygen, allowing jet engines to function at a very low efficiency.

The first significant object would be a small planet with vast deposits of lithium, a very thin oxygen atmosphere, and its own small, icy moon in an elliptical orbit. Thought to be created by a large comet grazing the young star, ripping away a good portion of lithium and other materials. The planet's small moon could be a remnant of the comet.

The next two significant objects would be two relatively small gas giants in a binary orbit around each other. Two moons would have very high orbits around the gas giants' center of gravity. The first moon would have an inert atmosphere and cryovolcanic activity. The second moon would be an icy world with an atmosphere consisting almost entirely of ozone.

The furthest object would be an ice giant. I'll leave its moons open to suggestions. :D

What do you guys think? Good as a stock feature? Could be better? Any more ideas?

20 minutes ago, Paaaad said:

Brown Dwarf =/= Protostar for one...

Well... Oops. :P

Is there no middle ground between gas giant and star when forming?

EDIT: The idea wasn't really a protostar. More of a brown dwarf with enough matter to feed on to sustain its small amounts of fusion for longer than most brown dwarfs.

Edited by JMBuilder

1 hour ago, JMBuilder said:

What do you think would be a good stock system? One of my odd hobbies is coming up with fictional star systems, so this is quite fun. :D

I don't think new solar systems really fit in stock. They'd take too long to reach with the stock parts. A gas giant with moons would work better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.