-Fixed a small seam on Dres

-Complete revamp of all celestial bodies
-Better, more immersive textures
-No more seams! (who was I kidding?)
-New height maps
-Other small fixes

REQUIREMENTS:
KOPERNICUS 
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-113-kopernicus-release-1-july-4/

DOWNLOAD HERE

OR ON SPACEDOCK
xO68iAc.jpg

Enjoy!

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, MetaframeNL said:

Is it posible to make low/medium/high packs for this aswel? I noticed that my pc struggles with the ground textures a lot.
The thing is, once you installed this mod you can't live without it :D:P 

I am absolutely planning on doing that. :) the textures currently are 1024x1024 and I am going to be converting them to 512x512 when I get time. Maybe that will help. I don't think I'll be going lower than 512 though. 

Edited by Galileo

29 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I am absolutely planning on doing that. :) the textures currently are 1024x1024 and I am going to be converting them to 512x512 when I get time. Maybe that will help. I don't think I'll be going lower than 512 though. 

You my kind sir are a HERO :cool:

I think I found a temporary fix to the issue where kerbin is turning white , I found out that if it turns white and I go to map view and select a planet with atmosphere and then press focus view and after that press backspace to focus the view again on the vessel it fixes it...

Edited by NeoFatalis

1 minute ago, NeoFatalis said:

I think I found a temporary fix to the issue where kerbin is turning white , I found out that if it turns white and I go to map view and select a planet with atmosphere and then press focus view and after that press backspace to focus the view again on the vessel it fixes it...

Good to know! Thanks! 

6 hours ago, MetaframeNL said:

You my kind sir are a HERO :cool:

So I work fast and have already converted all textures to 512x512.
I did a little testing and it doesn't look half bad. I'm not too sure about the performance as I have a really good rig and have never seen anything south of 60fps, soooooo ill leave that to be determined by those who try it out. The only thing I changed was the ground textures resolutions. The scaled space planet textures are still 4k because at 2k they look worse than stock. I'm about to upload to spacedock so stand by for a link. Hopefully the performance is better for those who need it.

LOWER RESOLUTION AVAILBLE NOW

xO68iAc.jpg

I don't know how the performance is as I run 60fps+ with the higher res so I'll need feedback. If it's not any better,  then I apologize.

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

I don't know how the performance is as I run 60fps+ with the higher res so I'll need feedback. If it's not any better,  then I apologize.

It doesn't change very much, its giving me 2 fps more. But its something! Keep up the good work, you are making this game so much better!

I think it has something to do with the height maps, there are some big differences since the last SVE isn't it? Because normally it would run much better when i passed 30 km, now my fps drops with 10/15 fps.

2 hours ago, MetaframeNL said:

It doesn't change very much, its giving me 2 fps more. But its something! Keep up the good work, you are making this game so much better!

I think it has something to do with the height maps, there are some big differences since the last SVE isn't it? Because normally it would run much better when i passed 30 km, now my fps drops with 10/15 fps.

Ok good to know I'll probably re-release this sans heightmap then

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, MetaframeNL said:

I just reread your comment and there were some big changes this update.  Only Minmus Bop and Gilly had height maps before.  In this update I included new normal maps and height maps for almost every celestial body. Most were pretty exaggerated to give the surface a really dynamic,  rough feel to it

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

I just reread your comment and there were some big changes this update.  Only Minmus Bop and Gilly had height maps before.  In this update I included new normal maps and height maps for almost every celestial body. Most were pretty exaggerated to give the surface a really dynamic,  rough feel to it

I really loved the way it looked, my pc thought otherwise :(

Il give the new one a go tonight!, once again! Keep up the good work mate!

18 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Is this automatically included in the CKAN SVE install or is this still separate?

It should be separate.  I didn't put it on ckan and I don't use it so I don't know what the set up is on ckan exactly. Afaik it's separate 

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

It should be separate.  I didn't put it on ckan and I don't use it so I don't know what the set up is on ckan exactly. Afaik it's separate 

It's likely separate. Someone would've asked you if they wanted to fuse your mod with theirs or something like that.

Howdy.

Installed this mod along with the rest of SVE and noticed that this mod, in particular, was giving me trouble with planet textures:

5jw6UeV.jpg

Planets all look like this in game, too, not just Kerbin. When I uninstall this mod, the problem goes away. Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!

Edited by yixingking

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

How and where did you install it? 

Original install was a long time ago. Just today I was messing around with 1.1.3 for the first time and I started with a fresh Steam install. I run KSP with mods using CKAN. Is there anything else I can tell you? I think I will try to do a fresh install soon and try just running that mod alone to make sure that I can reproduce the issue.

2 hours ago, yixingking said:

Original install was a long time ago. Just today I was messing around with 1.1.3 for the first time and I started with a fresh Steam install. I run KSP with mods using CKAN. Is there anything else I can tell you? I think I will try to do a fresh install soon and try just running that mod alone to make sure that I can reproduce the issue.

Also,  try installing the mod manually not through CKAN 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.