[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Please do not message me asking me for an update. There is nothing I dislike on this forum more than that. I have always made releases quickly when KSP updates. The reason I have not done so with SVT is because it's main dependency, kopernicus, is not working properly in 1.3 yet. My hands are tied. An update will happen when it happens. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Technically, SVT works in 1.3 sans terrain scatter objects. 

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Observe said:

Very nice job on the Kerbin terrain! Since I have a new install (KSP 1.3), I haven't checked out the other planets, but looking at them in map-view, they look great also! Thanks for putting this together.

Once kopernicus is fixed, it will be even better.

Just now, Galileo said:

Once kopernicus is fixed, it will be even better.

I'm not having any trouble with latest Kopernicus. As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm using EVE (not SVE) and all works well with latest Scatterer. I'm not sure what's missing/broken. I did have to move away from RSS because new RSSVE configs haven't been produced for compatibility with Scatterer and the runway gaps are even worse with 1.3 than they were with 1.2, but that another subject unrelated to this. Again, great work!

34 minutes ago, Observe said:

I'm not having any trouble with latest Kopernicus. As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm using EVE (not SVE) and all works well with latest Scatterer. I'm not sure what's missing/broken. 

Kopernicus has broken all terrain scatter (boulders, trees, plants) 

and I explained what is wrong with your SVE in the scatterer thread.

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Kopernicus has broken all terrain scatter (boulders, trees, plants) 

and I explained what is wrong with your SVE in the scatterer thread.

Thank you for clarifying. I apologize for my confusion on what the various mods do and how they interact.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a new gaming laptop and would like to give this mod another try. Just waiting for an updated version in ckan. Thanks for the great work, this eye-candy here is amazing!

Edited by Sheppard

Thanks for your efforts on this mod Galileo :)

I can't wait for Kopernicus to be fixed, as playing with this mod without terrain scatter feels like I'm missing 90% of the stress I normally have while playing this game with SVT installed. :) I've gotten so used to having to weave around terrain scatter that I find the calm of roving in straight lines... ummm.. disconcerting.... :confused:

In all seriousness though - no rush and no pressure meant from this post. Just figured I'd let you know I'm still enjoying the work you have done and I'm having an immense amount of fun!

39 minutes ago, SpaceCube2000 said:

When will this be updated for 1.3? 

This post is just a few posts above yours:

On 08/07/2017 at 9:48 PM, Galileo said:

Please do not message me asking me for an update. There is nothing I dislike on this forum more than that. I have always made releases quickly when KSP updates. The reason I have not done so with SVT is because it's main dependency, kopernicus, is not working properly in 1.3 yet. My hands are tied. An update will happen when it happens. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

I'd like to point out, also, that it's not just this mod creator's opinion, but one of our guidelines not to demand or pressure for release dates or updates from Squad or content creators. I know you're just asking, not demanding, still that's generally frowned upon. Thanks for understanding :)

Edited by monstah

On 7/8/2017 at 6:48 PM, Galileo said:

8 minutes ago, monstah said:

This post is just a few posts above yours:

I'd like to point out, also, that it's not just this mod creator's opinion, but one of our guidelines not to demand or pressure for release dates or updates from Squad or content creators. I know you're just asking, not demanding, still that's generally frowned upon. Thanks for understanding :)

I hadn't seen that post, thanks for informing me :)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 1:19 AM, wile1411 said:

I can't wait for Kopernicus to be fixed, as playing with this mod without terrain scatter feels like I'm missing 90% of the stress I normally have while playing this game with SVT installed. :) I've gotten so used to having to weave around terrain scatter that I find the calm of roving in straight lines... ummm.. disconcerting.... :confused:

So it's @Galileo whom I have to thank for that one very nerve-wracking hour of driving across the Mun, which very much ended my rover endeavours.

1 minute ago, SchrottBot said:

I can confirm that. With Kopernicus being updated tangible objects are back on track. Literally. =)

Yeah with new Kopernicus update, this is in full swing for 1.3, i just havent gotten to it just yet. Tonight I will get at it and attempt to make it better. I have some things in mind! Happy crashing!

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

Yeah with new Kopernicus update, this is in full swing for 1.3, i just havent gotten to it just yet. Tonight I will get at it and attempt to make it better. I have some things in mind! Happy crashing!

Drumroll

Can't wait to try it out! Many thanks!

Just now, Galileo said:

Kind of. What's up? 

Just wondering if the underwater trees are able to be "adjusted" at all - it not, no prob. It's only a visual thing. Let me know if you need some examples - but I think I remember this as a known thing.

The other reason is to see if you had the ability to put specific terrain models in certain places that are like easter eggs in their own way. 

2 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

Just wondering if the underwater trees are able to be "adjusted" at all - it not, no prob. It's only a visual thing. Let me know if you need some examples - but I think I remember this as a known thing.

The other reason is to see if you had the ability to put specific terrain models in certain places that are like easter eggs in their own way. 

Yeah I plan to fix that. PQSMods like, land control(rocks, trees, bushes) aren't a perfect science and things like that happen. I think I have a pretty good way to fix it though.

Good luck with it! You're a mad genius for even attempting to get terrain to be solid  - an evil genius for keeping as quiet as you can while still being in the OP - and 'just' a genius for the efforts you've made to create and maintain your mods. Hope you're getting as much fun out of it your own work (when you play) as I do. Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.