[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

• 2 weeks later...

So, I downloaded Kopernicus, put it into my gamedata folder, and put SVT in the gamedata folder, and it crashes. I have a few other graphics mods (EVE, Planetshine, Scatterer) right now, but that's it. Did I do something wrong?

I have an output_log, and an error file. What is the best way to upload this for you?

Hey all, I've been enjoying SVT for quite awhile now and enjoying the nicer looking textures. I also recently updated SVT to 2.0.6 and Kopernicus to 1.3.0.6 as well as Kerbal Konstructs to 1.2.0. Somewhere in all that, I've run into an issue with my oceans: They've turned black:

IDZous5.png

I'm wondering if anybody has run into this and knows what to do about it, short of reverting to the previous versions. Thanks!

Edit: Link to the logs.

Edited by Angel-125

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Hey all, I've been enjoying SVT for quite awhile now and enjoying the nicer looking textures. I also recently updated SVT to 2.0.6 and Kopernicus to 1.3.0.6 as well as Kerbal Konstructs to 1.2.0. Somewhere in all that, I've run into an issue with my oceans: They've turned black:

I'm wondering if anybody has run into this and knows what to do about it, short of reverting to the previous versions. Thanks!

That's because Wild Blue Industries is dumping junk in the ocean... :wink:

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

IDZous5.png

Edit: Link to the logs.

Hmm, that's either an issue with the sun in Kopernicus or it's a scatterer issue. I'll install the visual mods you have and see if I can replicate. 

58 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Hmm, that's either an issue with the sun in Kopernicus or it's a scatterer issue. I'll install the visual mods you have and see if I can replicate. 

Ahh ok, wasn't aware that Scatterer might be an issue as well. I am using 0.0320-320b  if that helps. Thanks again! :)

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Ahh ok, wasn't aware that Scatterer might be an issue as well. I am using 0.0320-320b  if that helps. Thanks again! :)

Did you reinstall the dependencies (scatterer)  or are they left over from previous svt install? I get this everytime I move on from svt or update to a new version without reinstalling dependencies. 

46 minutes ago, Assassinsat said:

Did you reinstall the dependencies (scatterer)  or are they left over from previous svt install? I get this everytime I move on from svt or update to a new version without reinstalling dependencies. 

That I didn't do. I'll give that a try as soon as I get home. Thanks for the suggestion! :)

13 hours ago, Assassinsat said:

Hm, Ok, I just reinstalled scatterer and I still have black oceans. Any other ideas why this happens? Thanks again. :)

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Hm, Ok, I just reinstalled scatterer and I still have black oceans. Any other ideas why this happens? Thanks again. :)

The other thing I did to correct that problem was to verify integrity through steam IIRC. Although not sure if that was what fixed it. Please keep in mind that I have no technical know how of how KSP or mods work. I was just dangling at straws back then.

11 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

No worries, thanks for taking a look. :)

Ok, so tonight I was also not able to get to my PC. My wife is shipping off to basic training in a week, so my daughter and I have been spending as much time together with her as possible, and tonight ran a little late.  I will get to it as soon as I can. 

16 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Ok, so tonight I was also not able to get to my PC. My wife is shipping off to basic training in a week, so my daughter and I have been spending as much time together with her as possible, and tonight ran a little late.  I will get to it as soon as I can. 

Absolutely no worries there, your family comes first. I can wait. :wink:

There is some problems with SVT 2.0.6.

1. Verified Steam cache.

2. Cleaned GameData folder (except "Squad" subfolder).

3. Installed Kopernicus-1.3.0-6, ModuleManager-2.8.1, SVT.v2.0.6.

4. Started training mission "From the Mun".

Result: Mun surface seems strange and becomes partially transparent ( screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/hDgaH ).

I don't have this issue with SVT.v2.0.5.

Output log

Edited by /dev/urandom
Corrected message formatting

UPDATE

Nothing major, just made Sun textures PNG for OpenGL users.

Links in the OP.

@Angel-125 

I couldn't reproduce your issue, unfortunately. Can you try a fresh, basic install of just SVE and SVT with the latest Kopernicus and dependencies? 

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

UPDATE

Nothing major, just made Sun textures PNG for OpenGL users.

Links in the OP.

@Angel-125 

I couldn't reproduce your issue, unfortunately. Can you try a fresh, basic install of just SVE and SVT with the latest Kopernicus and dependencies? 

Will do, thanks for the update. :)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry if this was posted somewhere else. I just downloaded SVT and Kopernicus, but when i loaded up KSP, i got a message saying "Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to..." however I do no have any custom planetary systems. Has anyone else fixed this issue before? Am i OK to just ignore the message?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, 1990eam said:

Is this mod compatible with Astronomer's Visual Pack and KSPRC or in any way redundant?

Sorry to bother you across all threads by the way. I've kind of just lost track of what each mod does.

you can use it with AVP as long as you dont use KSPRC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Is there any chance that this mod is interfering with solar panels? Recently, I have been experiencing a bug in which all vessels have had their solar panels retracted. It doesn't seem to have happened again on vessels I have re-extended them on, but it makes me wonder what caused this. SVT is my newest mod and the solar panels didn't change behaviour before installation. I am on Windows 10 64-bit with 64-bit KSP 1.2.2.

Thanks  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.