[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

4 minutes ago, MikeZDB said:

Its compatible with V1.0.4 ? im not will upgrade until i have finished my carreer mode, so, i have the Kopernicus 1.0.4 and would be nice to its posible run with that version.

No

Just now, MikeZDB said:

Ohhh :(  you had been killed my hopes drastically, anyway thanks!

Sorry.  poor versioning on my part. I'm sure I'll get the same question when I update the mod to 1.0.5

Excellent work with these textures! They look so much cleaner than the stock textures.

That said, I've experienced a bug with this mod. When you look at Dres' infamous canyon, you can see these strange artifacts:

The only mods I have installed are MechJeb, RCSbuildaid, and other informational mods. No other visual mods are installed.

Is it just me, or has anyone else experienced this bug?

1 hour ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Excellent work with these textures! They look so much cleaner than the stock textures.

That said, I've experienced a bug with this mod. When you look at Dres' infamous canyon, you can see these strange artifacts:

The only mods I have installed are MechJeb, RCSbuildaid, and other informational mods. No other visual mods are installed.

Well I'm on my phone and can't really see what artifacting you are talking about.  I'll look when I get home and hopefully can have an answer.  Also,  who goes to Dres? :wink:

Edited by Berlin

33 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Well I'm on my phone and can't really see what artifacting you are talking about.  I'll look when I get home and hopefully can have an answer.  Also,  who goes to Dres? :wink:

There's a bit of "ghost" terrain that bridges the canyon. Its not visible from below or above; only when you look down the length of the canyon. Sorry for not specifying.

Also, Dres is awesome!

8 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

There's a bit of "ghost" terrain that bridges the canyon. Its not visible from below or above; only when you look down the length of the canyon. Sorry for not specifying.

Also, Dres is awesome!

Ah I think I know what's causing it.  I'll have to test when I get home and I'll let you know 

On 22.07.2016 at 0:45 PM, Noname115 said:

Is this supposed to happen?

I have the same question.

From high orbit this provides a really amazing view (and I really like it!)... but from low orbit the textures quality is lower then stock.

Spoiler

With SVT

Cn9StLS.png

No SVT

GPwrBAF.png

If this is our (with Noname115) fault, can somebody help us?

Edited by Kerminator_T1000
Incorrect links; adding spoiler

6 hours ago, Kerminator_T1000 said:

From high orbit this provides a really amazing view (and I really like it!)... but from low orbit the textures quality is lower then stock.

Hide contents

With SVT

Cn9StLS.png

No SVT

GPwrBAF.png

I have the same problem, in high its amazing but in low and almost in the ground are lower and a lot of glich than stock......

17 hours ago, Kerminator_T1000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

With SVT

Cn9StLS.png

No SVT

GPwrBAF.png

10 hours ago, MikeZDB said:

I have the same problem, in high its amazing but in low and almost in the ground are lower and a lot of glich than stock......

How did you guys install?  

This is what I'm seeing. No problems here. 

Edited by Berlin

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

so I finally went to dres to check out this issue and I cant figure out what it is. I think it has to do with the color map I'm using ill switch it up and see if it fixes it

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

its has something to do with the color/normal maps. there is no fix for this. the only advice I can give is to ignore it for now. especially since you have to be in the perfect spot to notice/ replicate it. once you go into the canyon you cant see it anyway

It looks great but it doesn't seem to like other mods (scatterer, sve, texture replacer?). Some things I noticed:

• The seams. Minmus has a highly visible black squared grid on it. It seems to be part of the texture, so I think it's an artifact from creating the texture images.
  • Lots of crashes, especially when entering the VAB. Crashes disappeared when the mod was removed
  • I have a pair of flags at the end of the runway, like a lot of people do. In the KSC screen they show up in the right spots about half the time, and in the weirdest places (a few 100m in the sky, wrong location, etc) the other half of the time.

When it works, it's absolutely amazing! Hopefully you'll be able  the problems some of us run into, it's worth having this mod installed.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

It looks great but it doesn't seem to like other mods (scatterer, sve, texture replacer?). Some things I noticed:

• The seams. Minmus has a highly visible black squared grid on it. It seems to be part of the texture, so I think it's an artifact from creating the texture images.
  • Lots of crashes, especially when entering the VAB. Crashes disappeared when the mod was removed
  • I have a pair of flags at the end of the runway, like a lot of people do. In the KSC screen they show up in the right spots about half the time, and in the weirdest places (a few 100m in the sky, wrong location, etc) the other half of the time.

When it works, it's absolutely amazing! Hopefully you'll be able  the problems some of us run into, it's worth having this mod installed.

Kopernicus causes things to be offset. Known issue.  Yes minmus is a little gridded.  I plan on fixing that.  I have had absolutely ZERO crashes so check you are running everything correctly ex: 64bit and making sure it isn't another mod.  I'm glad you like the mod.  Sorry it's not acting right for you

Edited by Berlin

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Also,  I am the developer of SVE and this mod. I made this mod with SVE,  Scatterer AND TextureReplacer installed and initially,  SVE included this mod and the others you speak of.  So I know for a fact it works fine with all of those so the crashes you are getting and the issues you are having are probably on your end. Hope this helps narrow it down for you. 

Edited by Berlin

Great textures, they look great. I'm having a weird thing where tall mountains are poking through the top of where Scatterer is rendering though, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that earlier.

04i0ybF.jpg

Are there some obvious settings I should be changing to fix that?

15 minutes ago, BarryDennen12 said:

Great textures, they look great. I'm having a weird thing where tall mountains are poking through the top of where Scatterer is rendering though, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't doing that earlier.

Pretty sure this is even in the regular scatterer.

23 hours ago, BarryDennen12 said:

This is an issue with the kerbal atmo cloud layer. I removed it with the latest update which is available now.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:45 AM, Noname115 said:

Is this supposed to happen?

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:16 AM, Kerminator_T1000 said:

Reveal hidden contents

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:48 PM, MikeZDB said:

I have fixed the issue you guys were having in the latest version. its currently uploading so check back soon!

Edited by Berlin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.