[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

On 15.8.2016 at 11:46 PM, Galileo said:

I'm not too sure about the performance as I have a really good rig and have never seen anything south of 60fps

Just curious... what rig do you have? My rig holds an even 45fps in atmo and 50 in vac with all maxed and 256 on that water-thingy in scatterer main menu. i7 4790K@4GHz, GTX980 OC

30 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Just curious... what rig do you have? My rig holds an even 45fps in atmo and 50 in vac with all maxed and 256 on that water-thingy in scatterer main menu. i7 4790K@4GHz, GTX980 OC

The settings I use for scatterer are exactly as I they come with SVE.  I don't see a huge difference between 256 and 128. So I just use 128 for performance sake. 

I have a GTX 980 oc,  i5 4690k 4GHz, 32 gb ram and a few TB of SSD's. I see a constant 60 fps in atmo and vacuum. It might dip into mid 50's every now and then.  And I run roughly 90 mods when I play. When I run just SVE and SVT I get about 85- 90 fps pretty constant.  It only drops down to 60 when I add the 4-5 large part mods that I use. All on 1080p res.

Do you you use a lot of part mods?  I whittle mine down to only the things I want.  For example, I use procedural parts, so I delete all other fuel tanks and I get rid of little things like ladders,  except the ones I like or find useful. 

Edited by Galileo

14 hours ago, yixingking said:

Howdy.

Installed this mod along with the rest of SVE and noticed that this mod, in particular, was giving me trouble with planet textures:

<picture>

Planets all look like this in game, too, not just Kerbin. When I uninstall this mod, the problem goes away. Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks!

Hi, I can also confirm that bug on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with nvidia graphics. Installed it also via CKAN. I will give it a try with manual install.

1 hour ago, Malachi80 said:

Hi, I can also confirm that bug on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with nvidia graphics. Installed it also via CKAN. I will give it a try with manual install.

Open gl might have an issue. I can't test that sorry hopefully a manual install helps but I don't know tbh

4 hours ago, Malachi80 said:

I'm seeing the same visual artifacts with OSX/Steam.  Manual install of the latest available versions of SVE, SVT, Kopernicus.

53 minutes ago, Foozle said:

I'm seeing the same visual artifacts with OSX/Steam.  Manual install of the latest available versions of SVE, SVT, Kopernicus.

Take it to kopernicus thread.  I'm pretty sure it's an open gl issue.  Every instance I've seen has been Linux or OSX.  So ask there.  Be sure to have your logs ready. Thomas won't help you with out them. 

Also,  this might be a conflict between scatterer Kopernicus and open Gl 

I'm also pretty  sure that this only happens at the main menu and not in game.  Which in that case, I don't see an issue honestly. 

18 hours ago, yixingking said:

Windows 7 x64

Can you post your logs?  I need your player log 

Edited by Galileo

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Take it to kopernicus thread.  I'm pretty sure it's an open gl issue.  Every instance I've seen has been Linux or OSX.  So ask there.  Be sure to have your logs ready. Thomas won't help you with out them. 

Also,  this might be a conflict between scatterer Kopernicus and open Gl 

I'm also pretty  sure that this only happens at the main menu and not in game.  Which in that case, I don't see an issue honestly. 

Can you post your logs?  I need your player log 

Just to clarify for me, I *was* getting the bug in-game as well. However, when I reinstalled the mod (via CKAN) to try and generate logs with the mod installed, I am getting a crash-to-desktop once the game loads before it gets to the main menu screen. In any case, logs and crash reports are in the folder linked below. Let me know what else I can do! I still plan to try SVE/SVT with a fresh install to see what happens as I do have other mods installed now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/blqg1tjd7jkpg6v/20160817.zip?dl=0

Cheers!

Edit: Also, to add, the game stops crashing once I uninstall the mod again (again, via CKAN).

Edited by yixingking

9 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!

make sure you are running the game in 64 bit

Ah... aaaahhhh. Ha. Yeah. So. Once the game updated to 1.1 never thought that CKAN wouldn't obviously run the game in 64 bit.... I didn't even think about the fact that there had to be both versions somewhere. Well, serves me right for never once opening the stock game through Steam and getting reminded. -_____- Well, in any case, thank you! Sorry for the confusion. Preliminary loading of the game with mods installed show that the "bug" (user error) is no longer there.

3 minutes ago, yixingking said:

Ah... aaaahhhh. Ha. Yeah. So. Once the game updated to 1.1 never thought that CKAN wouldn't obviously run the game in 64 bit.... I didn't even think about the fact that there had to be both versions somewhere. Well, serves me right for never once opening the stock game through Steam and getting reminded. -_____- Well, in any case, thank you! Sorry for the confusion. Preliminary loading of the game with mods installed show that the "bug" (user error) is no longer there.

so more weird effect on kerbin in main menu?

12 hours ago, Malachi80 said:

8 hours ago, Foozle said:

So, check to see that you are running the game in 64 bit. It seemed to fix the issue for @yixingking

Can anybody confirm for me that the white Kerbin Issue still happens with 1.4?

the way I replicated it in the past was to

-put a vessel into orbit
-go back to space center
-put another vessel on launch pad
-press M to go to map view and switch to the first vessel
-you should see a white kerbin (I am not anymore)

if you know another way to cause the white kerbin try it and see if the issue persists.

but I think I fixed the issue with the last update.

I haven't received any feed back so........ I wasn't sure if it was just me.

Edited by Galileo

I've never seen a white Kerbin, if that helps any ^^;

What I am seeing is...

gjMJLNH.png

...which I have no idea whether it's down to SVT, but thought I'd mention it. Above is Gilly, but I've also seen it on Minmus and Tylo - which are the only two things I've flown by recently ^^;  Unless it's intended to be precious metals (woo?) then I'm guessing it's the night texture from Kerbin getting a bit out of its place :)  

11 minutes ago, eddiew said:

I've never seen a white Kerbin, if that helps any ^^;

What I am seeing is...

gjMJLNH.png

...which I have no idea whether it's down to SVT, but thought I'd mention it. Above is Gilly, but I've also seen it on Minmus and Tylo - which are the only two things I've flown by recently ^^;  Unless it's intended to be precious metals (woo?) then I'm guessing it's the night texture from Kerbin getting a bit out of its place :)  

Yeah it's just an EVE bug that rbray hasn't fixed yet.  He has been gone since June so who knows if it will be fixed anytime soon.  Restarting the game sometimes fixes it

Just now, Galileo said:

Yeah it's just an EVE bug that rbray hasn't fixed yet.  He has been gone since June so who knows if it will be fixed anytime soon.  Restarting the game sometimes fixes it

Ah, fair enough, I'll just ignore it then. Or build a gold mine on it if it's persistent :) 

I get the same weird wireframe style issue as posted above. It is visible in the menu and when in orbit. On ground and up to I think 100km the visuals are fine (actually they are great!), but above the problem appears again. 

I run KSP on MacOS. SVE and scatter installed with CKAN, SVT manually.

Is there a way to solve the issue?

I'll try to remove SVE and change the resolution level to see if it makes any difference.

Edited by Falco251

No there is no fix unfortunately. this issue only happens with Linux and OSX. its an issue with openGL. you can ask in the kopernicus thread and maybe you will get a more in depth answer. I have no idea why it happens

Hi @Galileo! All the downloads for the original "High Res" version of this mod on Spacedock are returning a 404. @VITAS says there shouldn't be any issue with the servers at the moment. Are you in the process of moving to a different Spacedock ID for the High Res version or something? I'll have a look at adding the Low Resolution version to CKAN soon, if that's cool with you.

58 minutes ago, politas said:

Hi @Galileo! All the downloads for the original "High Res" version of this mod on Spacedock are returning a 404. @VITAS says there shouldn't be any issue with the servers at the moment. Are you in the process of moving to a different Spacedock ID for the High Res version or something? I'll have a look at adding the Low Resolution version to CKAN soon, if that's cool with you.

Hmm very strange. I haven't touched anything on Spacedock so I dunno.   I will fix this as soon as possible 

Edited by Galileo

4 hours ago, politas said:

should be up and running now and yeah if you want to put the low res on there that's cool

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.