[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

I need some feed back from Mac and Linux users.  I THINK I figured out what was causing the strange "PINSTRIPED EFFECT" but I won't know until I hear something back from you guys. If I didn't figure it out,  I'm sorry in advance but have some peace of mind that I am not just forgetting you guys. I want to figure it out as much you do. 

Hopefully I fixed this issue. 5jw6UeV.jpg

Edited by Galileo

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

I need some feed back from Mac and Linux users.  I THINK I figured out what was causing the strange "PINSTRIPED EFFECT" but I won't know until I hear something back from you guys. If I didn't figure it out,  I'm sorry in advance but have some peace of mind that I am not just forgetting you guys. I want to figure it out as much you do. 

Just installed it on linux. No more stripes in main menu. No stripes in the tracking centre. No stripes in map view.

\o/

8 minutes ago, jrolson said:

Whats the low resolution look like compared to the high resolution version?

It's not that much different.  The terrain textures are just 512x512 as opposed to 1024x1024. Both look good.  

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Heck yeah! 

well done ....

4 hours later still no issues noticed

-edit-

and 15 minutes later :D

Guess this is SVT, not sure though

At reentry the water color flips over from brightish blue, to  greyish if i changed the viewing angle.

more greyish

4m0FCjw.jpg

more blue

XNgAvn5.jpg

Edited by E-Rikkie

Hello

Your work is amazing. I'm the maintainer of the 10xKerbol mod and I like to ask your permission to your textures. Only reason to not use your mod along side mine is that the surfaces of the planets have been changed due to the rescaling.

On 10/22/2016 at 10:55 AM, Galileo said:

If you noticed there weren't any clouds in the main menu,  that is just a bug of kopernicus.  Just because it's not on the main menu doesn't mean it's broken in game. 

It was also not visible in the Map view. A fresh install fixed it so I probably installed something wrong.

18 hours ago, E-Rikkie said:

well done ....

4 hours later still no issues noticed

-edit-

and 15 minutes later :D

Guess this is SVT, not sure though

At reentry the water color flips over from brightish blue, to  greyish if i changed the viewing angle.

more greyish

more blue

Its SVE that causes that. Its because i changed the ocean color to black to get a more real effect when splashed down. I will mess aroound with it and see what i can do. 

Edited by Galileo

On 22.10.2016 at 6:47 PM, Galileo said:

Hmmm...i came here to report a quite similar problem, but on Windows.

I'm getting some sort of scanlines when in KSC or Flight view, but map and ts view are fine.

I took some Screenshots (and the output_log file).

Maybe its a conflict with SVE since i use this too. (can i have both? i want all that sweet eye candy :D)

4 minutes ago, Rantanplan1986 said:

Hmmm...i came here to report a quite similar problem, but on Windows.

I'm getting some sort of scanlines when in KSC or Flight view, but map and ts view are fine.

I took some Screenshots (and the output_log file).

Maybe its a conflict with SVE since i use this too. (can i have both? i want all that sweet eye candy :D)

Stop forcing  directx11 and check to see if that fixes it 

Edited by Galileo

On 26.10.2016 at 0:32 AM, Galileo said:

Stop forcing  directx11 and check to see if that fixes it 

But... Memory usage... With 8 gigs of ram in dx9 game is crashing A LOT. I don`t experience this in dx11. Besides, textures are suppose to be stored in vram :wink:

There is no other way to get rid of this stripes (scanlines) in dx11?

Edited by dawidpotok

37 minutes ago, dawidpotok said:

But... Memory usage... With 8 gigs of ram in dx9 game is crashing A LOT. I don`t experience this in dx11. Besides, textures are suppose to be stored in vram :wink:

There is no other way to get rid of this stripes (scanlines) in dx11?

No that is the only way unless you want to convert all the terrain textures to png

2 minutes ago, dawidpotok said:

So, there is a way :wink:

After conversion it`s working flawlessly, thanks.

yeah but most people dont know how to convert images.. glad that worked for you. The thing is, png files is heavier on your ram. DDS files do not stay cached on your ram so they are more ideal. 

Kerbal Warming

e8QkAYZ.png

I've been having this bug pop up occasionally since the last update.  After splashing down and recovering the craft, when I come back to the KSC the sea level has risen.  Sometimes it completely drowns the facility, sometimes the buildings stick up like this.

It's not a major hassle - changing to another flight and then coming back usually fixes it.  Just thought you might have some idea as to what's going on here.

Cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.