[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 hour ago, WarpSpider74 said:

Kerbal Warming

e8QkAYZ.png

I've been having this bug pop up occasionally since the last update.  After splashing down and recovering the craft, when I come back to the KSC the sea level has risen.  Sometimes it completely drowns the facility, sometimes the buildings stick up like this.

It's not a major hassle - changing to another flight and then coming back usually fixes it.  Just thought you might have some idea as to what's going on here.

Cheers.

Thats a scatterer bug. And yeah just entering the tracking station and exiting will fix it. Thanks for taking such a beautiful picture of a bug :)  makes it easier to look at

Edited by Galileo

But still very ugly terrain texture around space center... :sad:

I hope one day modders can change the texture apparition algorithm or draw it manually on certain planet etc... just to render the ksp center and around with beautiful grass terrain, high quality bushes, trees etc...

After installing this I get absolutely no ambient light while in space or on the mun.

Is that intended or am I experiencing a bug?

I tried to make sure it's not some other mod by creating a fresh KSP installation and installing just Kopernicus and SVT and the problem still appears.

I can provide screenshots and output.log if that helps.

Edit: I just went ahead and made screenshots for what I mean. Before installing SVT:

S8fu5Xh.png

(While this is very dark, you can make out the white fuel tank in the middle of the picture)

After install:

spFEHcq.png

Hovering over the engine to so you don't have to search for what one can not find.

Edited by Mixosis

12 minutes ago, Mixosis said:

After installing this I get absolutely no ambient light while in space or on the mun.

Is that intended or am I experiencing a bug?

I tried to make sure it's not some other mod by creating a fresh KSP installation and installing just Kopernicus and SVT and the problem still appears.

I can provide screenshots and output.log if that helps.

Edit: I just went ahead and made screenshots for what I mean. Before installing SVT:

S8fu5Xh.png

(While this is very dark, you can make out the white fuel tank in the middle of the picture)

After install:

spFEHcq.png

Hovering over the engine to so you don't have to search for what one can not find.

its intended. you can edit the config to match what you want or you can download an ambient light mod. I would recommend the latter if you don't want to mess with the cfgs

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

its intended. you can edit the config to match what you want or you can download an ambient light mod. I would recommend the latter if you don't want to mess with the cfgs

Messing around with the cfgs is exactly what I wanted and tried to do, but I never would have thought to look at Sun.cfg

Thank you!

(and now you edited out again that ambient light is in Sun.cfg?)

Edited by Mixosis

28 minutes ago, Mixosis said:

Messing around with the cfgs is exactly what I wanted and tried to do, but I never would have thought to look at Sun.cfg

Thank you!

(and now you edited out again that ambient light is in Sun.cfg?)

You can edit the sun cfg but I realized that ambient light is also controlled in each planet cfg. The sun will be what you want though 

OK..

So Kopernicus is updated now so no config / changed needed your end for SVT to work.

I will give it a try when I get home, if I have time.

On 11/1/2016 at 11:01 PM, Galileo said:

@Mixosis  Ambient light mods work well but ruin the realism kinda..  If it's a part click you want while on the dark-side try @linuxgurugamer awesome Part Commander, I find works well for finding parts in the dark.

Upto you.  Up the ambience lighting, or have a part clickable menu..

Space is dark.. :) Nothing to see here moving on!

Maybe I am missing the point which is highly likely.

Edited by FizzerUK

19 minutes ago, FizzerUK said:

OK..

So Kopernicus is updated now so no config / changed needed your end for SVT to work.

I will give it a try when I get home, if I have time.

@Mixosis  Ambient light mods work well but ruin the realism kinda..  If it's a part click you want while on the dark-side try @linuxgurugamer awesome Part Commander, I find works well for finding parts in the dark.

Upto you.  Up the ambience lighting, or have a part clickable menu..

Space is dark.. :) Nothing to see here moving on!

Maybe I am missing the point which is highly likely.

he just wanted to be able to see what he was doing i assume. I personally like the darkness and find it to be realistic. I shouldnt be able to see anything behind a celestial body. It forces you to make the changes needed before you vessel drifts into the shadows

So I've got this mod working, and it is a slight improvement over stock, but there's some screenshots from the first page that look WAY better. Am I missing something? I'm using the high res textures. Texture quality in KSP is "Full res". 64bit. These screenshots are without any other mods installed.

Stock: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-08_14-16-35.jpg

With Stock Visual Terrain: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-08_14-10-48.jpg

From the front page, by Speadge: http://i.imgur.com/EEuYzh0.png

Edited by RadGH

9 minutes ago, RadGH said:

So I've got this mod working, and it is a slight improvement over stock, but there's some screenshots from the first page that look WAY better. Am I missing something? I'm using the high res textures. Texture quality in KSP is "Full res". 64bit. These screenshots are without any other mods installed.

Stock: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-08_14-16-35.jpg

With Stock Visual Terrain: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-08_14-10-48.jpg

From the front page, by Speadge: http://i.imgur.com/EEuYzh0.png

It's because I removed the edited normal maps from the 1.2 version.  I plan on adding them back when I finish working on the next update 

15 hours ago, Galileo said:

How about I just release an update tonight ? 

Wow I didn't expected this amazing news today! Cannot wait for the new version finish uploading and check the reimplemented edited normal maps again. Thank you man, your awesome :wink:.

I meant to have an update out last night, but I got sucked into the presidential election and fell asleep before I could upload. Anyway..

UPDATE

• All celestial bodies have been redone (except Kerbin)
  • New, more immersive textures

REQUIREMENTS:
KOPERNICUS 
https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

Just now, CatastrophicFailure said:

Does this update bring back the bumpier bumpiness?

No that would require me to add the height maps back which caused some career contracts to have floating waypoints so i have to leave them out unfortunately.. i feel your pain though. 

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No that would require me to add the height maps back which caused some career contracts to have floating waypoints so i have to leave them out unfortunately.. i feel your pain though. 

Dang, you are a fast one. Pity, tho. Any chance of an alternate release with a caveat for that?

28 minutes ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Dang, you are a fast one. Pity, tho. Any chance of an alternate release with a caveat for that?

Probably not but I can put out a Sigma Dimensions cfg that will do the same thing basically if you would want something like that 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.