[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Would the sigma dimensions config change the appearance from the map view? I installed it, but couldn't see any difference.

Stock Mun: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/mun.png
SVT 1.5 Mun: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/mun-SVT-1.5.png
SVT 2.0 Mun: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/mun-svt-2.0.png
SVT+Sigma+SigmaCFG Mun: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/mun-sigma.png

Edited by RadGH
added 1.5 version of the mun, for full comparison

Thanks again Galileo. Here's a couple screenshots for everyone who hasn't had a chance to try it yet.

Mun:

Spoiler

chrome_2016-11-09_12-44-29.jpg

Tylo:

Spoiler

chrome_2016-11-09_12-45-51.jpg

Jool (hilarious difference!):

Spoiler

chrome_2016-11-09_12-45-36.jpg

And here is the terrain of Mun, first a screenshot without sigma, and then a screenshot with sigma. Seems to change the height of the terrain quite a bit. Not quite sure what else was supposed to change but I figured I would try it anyway.

Spoiler

KSP_x64_2016-11-09_12-55-41.jpg

KSP_x64_2016-11-09_12-50-58.jpg

Edited by RadGH

3 minutes ago, RadGH said:

Thanks again Galileo. Here's a couple screenshots for everyone who hasn't had a chance to try it yet.

And here is the terrain of Mun, first a screenshot without sigma, and then a screenshot with sigma. Seems to change the height of the terrain quite a bit. Not quite sure what else was supposed to change but I figured I would try it anyway.

Sigma Dimensions really adds a whole new look to SVT doesnt it? thanks for the screenshots!

Edited by Galileo

Just now, Galileo said:

Sigma Dimensions really adds a whole new look at SVT doesnt it?

I've only really paid attention to the surface of minmus but It does look WAY different than last night. I'm just not sure what came from Sigma and what came from SVT 2.0 :).

I wish I had other screenshots to compare. I've only got a couple, that aren't very good for showing off the terrain. But as you can see, the terrain is more detailed and the mountains are taller:

No Sigma, SVT 1.5 (ambient lighting turned way up because I was streaming to a friend): https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-07_18-35-13.jpg

Same location with SVT 2.0 and Sigma: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-09_13-24-33.jpg

15 minutes ago, Roxor said:

@Galileo. Will this mod be compatible with the Outer Planets Mod? I remember using Sigma addons with OPM a few versions back.

Yes it will work along side opm but the ground textures will only work with the stock planets. I haven't done ground textures for opm. .  That's really up to @CaptRobau.  I wouldn't mind doing them but I would want his permission.

30 minutes ago, RadGH said:

I've only really paid attention to the surface of minmus but It does look WAY different than last night. I'm just not sure what came from Sigma and what came from SVT 2.0 :).

I wish I had other screenshots to compare. I've only got a couple, that aren't very good for showing off the terrain. But as you can see, the terrain is more detailed and the mountains are taller:

No Sigma, SVT 1.5 (ambient lighting turned way up because I was streaming to a friend): https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-07_18-35-13.jpg

Same location with SVT 2.0 and Sigma: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2016/11/KSP_x64_2016-11-09_13-24-33.jpg

The terrain is caused by Svt (I changed Minmus completely) but the terrain altitude is caused by Sigma Dimensions 

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes it will work along side opm but the ground textures will only work with the stock planets. I haven't don't ground textures for opm. .  That's really up to @CaptRobau.  I wouldn't mind doing them but I would want his permission.

Cool. I can't wait till it updates.

24 minutes ago, FizzerUK said:

Posted this over at Kopernucus forum.

Non-static field requires a target

I don't understand why I can't get this working.:(

Really enjoying the new textures GREAT work!

but my game is a bit bugged..

Im in class and the schools wifi wont allow me to access pastebin.. try dropbox

18 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Im in class and the schools wifi wont allow me to access pastebin.. try dropbox

Hey! Nice, must be a boring day Huh!

As requested, but I think it's Kopernicus as a couple of others have same issue.

I have stripped the game down to Stock with just SVT and Kopernicus.

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0

+ Kopernicus.1.2.1-1.zip

No luck as yet. have a look if you wish.

KSP..log

output_log

I was more commenting here on How GOOoooodd the textures l;ook.

Cheers.

Edited by FizzerUK

5 minutes ago, FizzerUK said:

Hey! Nice, must be a boring day Huh!

As requested, but I think it's Kopernicus as a couple of others have same issue.

I have stripped the game down to Stock with just SVT and Kopernicus.

KSP: 1.2.1 (Win64) - Unity: 5.4.0p4 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Stock Visual Terrain - 2.0

No luck as yet. have a look if you wish.

KSP..log

output_log

I was more commenting here on How GOOoooodd the textures l;ook.

Cheers.

Looks like you are either not using the latest Kopernicus and you are using an old Module Manager. module manager is currently on version 2.7.4 and you are using 2.7.2 which is not compatible with the latest kopernicus.

Redownload kopernicus, delete module manager 2.7.3 that comes with it, and add module manager 2.7.4

Edited by Galileo

23 minutes ago, FizzerUK said:

:(

I know where the older MM came from.  It is bundled with Kopernicus on GitHub.

Anyway, just tried with 2.7.4 after deleting the cache, still the same isue.

Updated log files above.

What QuickMods are you using? If you are using quickstart delete it. it does nothing but cause issues with loading other mods like SVT and SVE, EVE or any visual mods basically or at least change the config to allow it to load your game after 5 seconds. Until Malah updates Quickstart to make the delay default, i have a feeling im going to see this issue.

Edited by Galileo

Yeah! I know..  I had that one a few weeks back.

Only using quick mute. Stopped using quick start due to it loading the save too quick before SVE/SVT has done it's thing BUT you can get around that in the config file.

Deleted quick Mute...  Logs updated..  Same as before.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.