[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

1 minute ago, FizzerUK said:

Yeah! I know..  I had that one a few weeks back.

Only using quick mute. Stopped using quick start due to it loading the save too quick before SVE/SVT has done it's thing BUT you can get around that in the config file.

Deleted quick Mute...  Logs updated..  Same as before.

what i suggest is a completely fresh everything because i have no idea whats causing this. redownload everything don't use existing downloads. if you have already done this, do it again. I don't have this problem and nobody else has reported a single bug since i released this version so im at a loss on this one

Hi,

Yeah, as I said before. It's an ODD one.

I don't think it is SVT. Pretty sure it is Kopernicus.

I have done a fresh download but will try again.

Thanks for looking, I will see if anything developes on the Kopernicus forum.

I have just tested the install with nothing but Kopernicus and it is the same.

Thanks for looking mate!

5 hours ago, omelaw said:

it causes a graphic glitch (well, at least at the mun) when the camera is upside down.

http://imgur.com/a/47tfT

http://imgur.com/Akg1kyq

I have bugs like this without SVT, so it might have to do with something else.

But, I do have a problem with SVT (before, no, Kopernicus is fine, I got this after installing SVT)

4AGdfFZ.jpg

In vessel view, map and tracking station: Sunflare and big corona seem to be gone for some reason. And sun surface itself is really bright, I liked it when it was just yellow..ish.

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I have bugs like this without SVT, so it might have to do with something else.

But, I do have a problem with SVT (before, no, Kopernicus is fine, I got this after installing SVT)

4AGdfFZ.jpg

In vessel view, map and tracking station: Sunflare and big corona seem to be gone for some reason. And sun surface itself is really bright, I liked it when it was just yellow..ish.

The shadowy bug is caused by Scatterer's terrain shadows. Turn them off in the main menu and it does away. 

In the tracking station,  nothing from scatterer is shown.  This includes the sunflare.  So when I say scatterer doesn't work in the tracking station in the OP,  I meant everything.  It just shows the stock sun. It works fine in flight. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

I had to dig to older screenshot I made, and, well, it does not.
XEJe6a8.png

Then I would reinstall and run  the game without any other mods and see if you get the same issue. 

nobody else seems to be having this issue so I am going to assume the issue is on your end

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, HollowHate said:

what should i do, to just keep the textures for terrain but disable everything else? taking big hit in performance, but textures looks nice and wont hurt me

The textures are the most demanding part.  Have you tried the low res version? 

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

The textures are the most demanding part.  Have you tried the low res version? 

low res exactly what im using. its unbearable to be on any planet, but as soon as i fly from it even at orbit - suddenly all becomes ok and no lag at all.

maybe its some sort of shader that is used, or something like that which causing incredible lag, but i dont know what it could be

Edited by HollowHate

6 minutes ago, HollowHate said:

low res exactly what im using. its unbearable to be on any planet, but as soon as i fly from it even at orbit - suddenly all becomes ok and no lag at all.

maybe its some sort of shader that is used, or something like that which causing incredible lag, but i dont know what it could be

Well svt is just textures and cfgs so there isn't anything that can be removed unfortunately 

Edited by Galileo

11 hours ago, HollowHate said:

something causing that abnormal lag on my ksp with SVT when landed

try disabling volumetric clouds from SVE. takes my fps down from 150-200 to yellow MET (40 fps) with 2x 970 and 4690K.

you can disable with the EVE menu (see SVE thread)

I'm lost... just absolutely lost and confused and frustrated and BLEH!!

Stock Visual Terrain and Kopernicus, Stock Visual Enhancements, Environmental Visual Enhancements, Scatterer, Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack...

I just want my game to look as good as it possibly can... without errors and glitches and out of memory errors and crashing and  multiple configs from the above mods having to overwrite the stock configs from this mod and that mod... and I'm babbling and getting more confused...

I wish you guys could get together and make a mod pack... call it Visual and Environmental Enhancements and Scattering Effects. VEESE.

I've been all evening trying to get all these mods to play together nicely, but with the multiple configs, overlapping, and the quest to find the most up-to-date version of each mod (which doesn't seem to be the best course of action in some cases), I have failed... and I'm sad.

I'd pay someone to slam all this together into a working mod pack... in a zip file... just an unzipintoGamedataandPOOF!! yer stuff looks amazing modpack!

8 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm lost... just absolutely lost and confused and frustrated and BLEH!!

Stock Visual Terrain and Kopernicus, Stock Visual Enhancements, Environmental Visual Enhancements, Scatterer, Para-Sci High-Performance Atmosphere Pack...

I just want my game to look as good as it possibly can... without errors and glitches and out of memory errors and crashing and  multiple configs from the above mods having to overwrite the stock configs from this mod and that mod... and I'm babbling and getting more confused...

I wish you guys could get together and make a mod pack... call it Visual and Environmental Enhancements and Scattering Effects. VEESE.

I've been all evening trying to get all these mods to play together nicely, but with the multiple configs, overlapping, and the quest to find the most up-to-date version of each mod (which doesn't seem to be the best course of action in some cases), I have failed... and I'm sad.

I'd pay someone to slam all this together into a working mod pack... in a zip file... just an unzipintoGamedataandPOOF!! yer stuff looks amazing modpack!

You cannot use Para Sci and SVE together.  The cfgs conflict.  SVE comes bundled with Scatterer and EVE so you do not need to install them separately. If you do,  you will get conflicts. SVE has a very simple readme instruction included, and it is basically "drop into your gamedata and poof" 

https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/v1.1.4

Just follow the instructions. Do not  download EVE or Scatterer separately. 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

You cannot use Para Sci and SVE together.  The cfgs conflict.  SVE comes bundled with Scatterer and EVE so you do not need to install them separately. If you do,  you will get conflicts. SVE has a very simple readme instruction included, and it is basically "drop into your gamedata and poof" 

https://github.com/Galileo88/StockVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/v1.1.4

Just follow the instructions. Do not  download EVE or Scatterer separately. 

Well.. there's one of my problems!! I was installing the latest versions of each! Thanks man! 

I've often been that stereotypical dude who says "Pfffft... instructions... who needs instructions" lol it's failed me more often than not LOL.

I was also trying the Para Sci...

Wheeeew... seems much better now, thanks again Galileo.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AzraelDR said:

Just a question: Is the memory jump for SVT really around 3 gb? I've tried starting KSP without SVT and there is 3 gb on my end. Is this expected? It seems an extra large jump from previous versions.

where did you read it was an additional 3 gigs?

I had noticed lag in my playthrough, then my game crashed. So I restarted the game and opened task manager to monitor my RAM. I observed the RAM usage was way higher than usual, so I tried removing SVT and Kopernicus then restarting the game. I noted my RAM usage then opened the game again with SVT. This is where I got the 3 gb statistic. I understand if this is the expected resource requirements, I just want to be sure.

11 minutes ago, AzraelDR said:

I had noticed lag in my playthrough, then my game crashed. So I restarted the game and opened task manager to monitor my RAM. I observed the RAM usage was way higher than usual, so I tried removing SVT and Kopernicus then restarting the game. I noted my RAM usage then opened the game again with SVT. This is where I got the 3 gb statistic. I understand if this is the expected resource requirements, I just want to be sure.

I will have to test tomorrow and follow up with you

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I will have to test tomorrow and follow up with you

Thank you so much for your reply, I really do appreciate it. I enjoy your work and I am planning to buy more RAM anyway over the holidays. I just wanted to be sure there's nothing weird going on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.