[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Hello Galileo! I took a look at your comparison screenshots and even from my phone I can't help but see that you are using the planet textures that Endraxial made for KSP a long time ago. I'm not pulling any punches or anything but I don't see any credit for the textures mentioned anywhere... May want to add some somewhere :blush:. Also note that if you're using the .dds updated textures that I posted in TextureReplacer, I made some revamps to her texture's alpha channels as well. I can't pull them up to look right now though. Will do when I have spare time.

Apart from all of that, I'm very impressed with the list of things in your change log and I look forwards to adding it to my installs in the future :). It's been on my list of aesthetic mods to check out. Question... Does this mod really remove all the texture seams on planets? :o

Edited by Avera9eJoe

10 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hello Galileo! I took a look at your comparison screenshots and even from my phone I can't help but see that you are using the plant textures that Endraxial made for KSP a long time ago. I'm not pulling any punches or anything but I don't see any credit for the textures mentioned anywhere... May want to add some somewhere :blush:. Also note that if you're using the .dds updated textures that I posted in TextureReplacer, I made some revamps to her texture's alpha channels as well. I can't pull them up to look right now though. Will do when I have spare time.

Apart from all of that, I'm very impressed with the list of things in your change log and I look forwards to adding it to my installs in the future :). It's been on my list of aesthetic mods to check out. Question... Does this mod really remove all the texture seams on planets? :o

Oh! i thought i had credited you when i first made the mod! maybe that was on SVE when i had everything included. Nonetheless i will credit accordingly the next chance i get..

as for terrain seams, no unfortunately it does not remove the seams.. It may hide them a little better but they are still present.. which sucks

4 hours ago, Galileo said:

Oh! i thought i had credited you when i first made the mod! maybe that was on SVE when i had everything included. Nonetheless i will credit accordingly the next chance i get..

as for terrain seams, no unfortunately it does not remove the seams.. It may hide them a little better but they are still present.. which sucks

Ahh gotcha - I recalled you asking to use the textures for SVE but I remember you removing them for the sake of reducing the download size. Probably never moved credit from SVE to SVT? Huh.

Ah, alas :( No worries though - if your mod fixed terrain than it would be part bug fix, as well as a visual mod :)

Just now, notJebKerman said:

is this meant to be a high requirenment enchancenment or can this be used with low-end devices too (without sacrificing performance)?

ANY visual pack will cause performance loss and this pack is no different.

There is a low resolution version available. 

the only way to know how it will effect you is to try it yourself

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ANY visual pack will cause performance loss and this pack is no different.

There is a low resolution version available. 

the only way to know how it will effect you is to try it yourself

that was a quick reply... i just wanted to ask this because im using revamped solar system mod that makes planets look much, much better. it improves experience without sacrificing performance. but i also know that revsss is based on kopernicus and literally replaces celestial bodies while this one simply changes terrain. still gonna try it 

Hey guys! A little update on Galileo.. Hes dealing with some person stuff right now and will be away for awhile. Dont worry hes coming back! He personally told me to tell you guys because he felt you should know! :D 

For those of you who don't like the KSC grass, I took an hour and color matched the KSC with the darker grass texture that @Galileo used:

SVT fixed grass (Dropbox)

Before:

rnymXgR.jpg

After:

2VyActX.jpg

I also completely removed the use of the "grass3_00" and "grass3_01" textures in the terrain file so you can just delete them if you want.

I wish I could change the color of the grass texture and match it to the stock KSC grass but I can't seem to find the slider to do so (The only slider that seemed to do this didn't change anything when I tinkered with it) :/ - If anyone here is a Kopernicus wizard and would like to hop into a skype call for a few to help me it would be greatly appreciated. I've got something else in the works atm.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 27/12/2016 at 7:06 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

For those of you who don't like the KSC grass, I took an hour and color matched the KSC with the darker grass texture that @Galileo used:

SVT fixed grass (Dropbox)

I wish I could change the color of the grass texture and match it to the stock KSC grass but I can't seem to find the slider to do so (The only slider that seemed to do this didn't change anything when I tinkered with it) :/ - If anyone here is a Kopernicus wizard and would like to hop into a skype call for a few to help me it would be greatly appreciated. I've got something else in the works atm.

Sounds good. Got any before and after pics?

Edited by Benji13

52 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Sounds good. Got any before and after pics?

Before (Plain SVT): 

rnymXgR.jpg

After (new edit):

J7hOPXj.jpg

Open them in new tabs and flip through them for added satisfaction :). One thing to note, I completely removed the use of the "grass3_00" and "grass3_01" textures in the terrain file so you can just delete them if you want.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On ۱۳۹۵/۱۰/۷ ه‍.ش. at 0:51 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Before (Plain SVT): 

rnymXgR.jpg

After (new edit):

J7hOPXj.jpg

Open them in new tabs and flip through them for added satisfaction :). One thing to note, I completely removed the use of the "grass3_00" and "grass3_01" textures in the terrain file so you can just delete them if you want.

hmmm i get 404 file error page on the link?

4 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Try the original link instead of Benji's quoted comment - I changed the DL last minute to fix something :P - might want to update your quote @Benji13

Thanks. Website is working and my quote has been updated. I changed the URL so it ended in dl=1 instead of dl=0. This makes the download start right away instead of having to click through all the Dropbox stuff. 

6 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Thanks. Website is working and my quote has been updated. I changed the URL so it ended in dl=1 instead of dl=0. This makes the download start right away instead of having to click through all the Dropbox stuff. 

O_O So that's how you do that... *writes down to replace all dopbox links with instant downloads* many thanks Benji

Is there a quick fix for Jool's texture? There's a small seam going from pole to pole, kind of like the texture is just a tad too small; looks like a black line. I'm using the high resolution textures.

On 1/6/2017 at 6:59 AM, Rayder said:

Is there a quick fix for Jool's texture? There's a small seam going from pole to pole, kind of like the texture is just a tad too small; looks like a black line. I'm using the high resolution textures.

The Jool texture has a black line on the right side for some reason. It happens. I'll try to fix it. I believe you'll want to put that in Game Data -> SVEKopernicus -> Jool -> Plugin Data.

Surprised you're using that older Mun texture, OP. It does match the surface textures pretty well, though. 

Edited by Endraxial

52 minutes ago, Endraxial said:

The Jool texture has a black line on the right side for some reason. It happens. I'll try to fix it. I believe you'll want to put that in Game Data -> SVEKopernicus -> Jool -> Plugin Data.

Surprised you're using that older Mun texture, OP. It does match the surface textures pretty well, though. 

Yeah the seam is caused by me being lazy in photoshop and not offsetting the mage before saving.  I haven't had a lot of time and haven't been able to fix it just yet. Thank you so much for your textures! 

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

Yeah the seam is caused by me being lazy in photoshop and not offsetting the mage before saving.  I haven't had a lot of time and haven't been able to fix it just yet. Thank you so much for your textures! 

Believe me, I had a lot of seams when I was doing this. It's very easy to overlook and there's a lot of celestial bodies to keep an eye on! You're welcome, but they're really nothing special! It's great people like Proot, Avera9eJoe, and you can find use of them.

Edited by Endraxial

I'm having an issue with the 1.2.2 version. This is my mod setup
CaU0cxO.png

Currently, only on the map screen I see the new textures, but during flight, I only see atmosphere and what I think is debris, the actual Mun surface is invisible

Tried both low and high resolution versions and latest Kopernicus

Edited by EstebanLB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.