[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yep

Thanks so much for making my day! I laughed at the screen at the shock it gave me after running into a tree. :o

I'm surprised something like that isn't mentioned on the OP - or is that on purpose to give people the surprise?

Edited by wile1411

8 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

or is that on purpose to give people the surprise?

I wanted it to be a surprise,  but at this point,  with how many people have cursed by name due to hitting a rock or tree, the cats out of the bag.

7 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I wanted it to be a surprise,  but at this point,  with how many people have cursed by name due to hitting a rock or tree, the cats out of the bag.

I still remember how people would still add the suggestion over the years KSP has been around.

Awesome work for making that feature a reality! I hope you continue to give people this surprise for a while longer as people like myself still try out mods without needed to read the full forum thread because all your great work and effort allows this to "just works as it should" :) 

Edited by wile1411

On 24/09/2016 at 5:42 AM, Fendrin said:

Okay, I tried with a fresh KSP installation and only SVT 1.42 and its dependencies installed. Thus it's not an issue between different Kopernicus mods. There is indeed an exception thrown and made it into the logs.

The KSP log: https://gist.github.com/fendrin/e831b5d5872aa3c68de0eb13da44c627

The log for Vall:  https://gist.github.com/fendrin/c6574f0aed6bbd21e24924637bd2988e

And for Pol: https://gist.github.com/fendrin/98e98b61f684bab1d9e3cd15e5c653f9

FWIW, I have recently downloaded this mod and I'm getting the same issue.

I should add that I've got the latest of both Kopernicus and SVEKopernicus. The overall effect is that Vall and Pol disappear from the game. I will upload logs if you like.

Running 1.2.2 on linux.

--------8<--------

I have figured out the problem. In SVEKopernicus/Jool, Pol.cfg and Vall.cfg have a case error, in that they're pointing to SVEkopernicus for their .png files rather than SVEKopernicus. This'll definitely break on *nix systems like linux and MacOS X.

Edited by stratvox
added deets; added solution

15 hours ago, stratvox said:

FWIW, I have recently downloaded this mod and I'm getting the same issue.

I should add that I've got the latest of both Kopernicus and SVEKopernicus. The overall effect is that Vall and Pol disappear from the game. I will upload logs if you like.

Running 1.2.2 on linux.

--------8<--------

I have figured out the problem. In SVEKopernicus/Jool, Pol.cfg and Vall.cfg have a case error, in that they're pointing to SVEkopernicus for their .png files rather than SVEKopernicus. This'll definitely break on *nix systems like linux and MacOS X.

thanks for pointing that out ill fix it 

On 16/01/2017 at 10:28 AM, Galileo said:

thanks for pointing that out ill fix it 

My pleasure. It looks great, and with that problem fixed on my install it's all running perfectly. If I can help make that problem go away for everyone else, all the better.

Finally got a computer that lets me load the eye candy into the game, and I'm totally enjoying myself.

I'm thinking of making another install to put your planet pack into, and checking it out. It looks intriguing.

15 minutes ago, KerbalSpaceJockey said:

Is the Mun's surface supposed to be this dark? It's nearing noon (note the solar panels) but the surface is almost completely black. I'm also running PlanetShine and Stock Visual Enhancements. SVT was my most recent addition, and when I saw a big change.

Thanks!

http://imgur.com/cvvXqto

With SVT,  yes,  but it's by mistake.  I will fix it when I update SVT later today

UPDATE

• Jool rings are now included
  • New Jool texture
  • New Sun texture with coronas
  • Stock brightness so bodies aren't so dark
  • Made transition between scaled space and the height map more natural looking
  • New scatter object textures for Kerbin. (cactus, pine trees, grass, snowy pines)
  • Fixed case sensitive directories for Mac and Linux

DOWNLOAD

2 hours ago, darvo110 said:

This update wouldn't happen to include all the new scatterer/kopernicus ring shader stuff would it? :cool:

No it does not include the experimental scatterer because it does not work correctly with SVE. Also,  I only include current full releases to try and avoid and bugs. 

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

No it does not include the experimental scatterer because it does not work correctly with SVE. Also,  I only include current full releases to try and avoid and bugs. 

Fair call. New stuff looks great regardless, and looking forward to when those scatterer configs become stable!

9 hours ago, cy4n said:

Change the part of the Jool cfg file where it says unlit = true to false, and then make sure you have the latest Scatterer and Blackrack's modified Kopernicus.

:o That looks so good. I managed to get the rings to cast shadow, but for some reason the modified kopernicus won't get bodies to cast shadows on the rings. Ah well, still amazing.

I'm no more able to make working the mod.. I tryed the 2.0v, the 2.0.1v on LR and HR and it didn't working.
I tryed this stock. With only Squad folder inside GameData folder.
I assure you that i use Kopernicus 1.2.2 linked in the mod post.
I tryed it with and without Stock Visual Enhancement HR.
Kopernicus work great alone. The only problem is when i put the SVEKopernicus folder inside the GameData folder.
Game loading arrived to .../squad/spaces/podcockpit and it crash. :mad:

This is really sad because now KSP looks less beautiful. ;.;

I'm on full resolution.

Computer config:

MB;     msi 7869v1.0
CPU;   i5-4460 3.20ghz
GPU;   GeForce GTX 1050
RAM;   8go
HDD;   1to

Windows 10 x64
Kerbal Space Program 1.2.2 (Steam)

Note that i used it with the same config before format my computer. Nothing else changed, and it's worked before. :confused:
Maybe only the old Module Manager version (I'm using 2.7.5.) now missing (I tryed them and this is not working.).
I also look at my task manager and my computer isn't over-runned. (Play around 10% CPU usage and 6-70% RAM.)

Error report.

Thanks for your time! :)

EDIT: 3hours later.

I fixed it!
Note to myself: Next time, be sure to open KSP x64... :D
RAM goes on the roof!

Edited by Shield88
Posted it too fast.

Just another tiny typo report: on case-sensitive filesystems (i.e. Linux/Mac), Moho has no texture and looks like a snowball. In it's Kopernicus config file, the texture name is given as:

Material
			{
				texture = SVEKopernicus/Moho/PluginData/Moho00.png
			}

but the actual file name is "moho00.png". Note the small "m". Trivial to fix, as I have done myself. :)

Loving the mod otherwise!

7 hours ago, Bluebottle said:

Just another tiny typo report: on case-sensitive filesystems (i.e. Linux/Mac), Moho has no texture and looks like a snowball. In it's Kopernicus config file, the texture name is given as:

Material
			{
				texture = SVEKopernicus/Moho/PluginData/Moho00.png
			}

but the actual file name is "moho00.png". Note the small "m". Trivial to fix, as I have done myself. :)

Loving the mod otherwise!

Dang it lol I'll fix it. I don't have a way of testing for mac or Linux so I make my releases in a hope and prayer that it works. Thanks for bringing it up. If you want to check every body and let me know if there are any issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

Dang it lol I'll fix it. I don't have a way of testing for mac or Linux so I make my releases in a hope and prayer that it works. Thanks for bringing it up. If you want to check every body and let me know if there are any issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

All the others look fine, at least in the tracking station. :)

Hi, very silly question here. Since I am manually installing this and not from CKAN like the 2.0 (the update is not yet present), the non LOW RES textures included are HIGH RES? From what I've seen usually you explicitly mark them in the release but this time you didn't (and in CKAN there is an older version which is not LOW neither HIGH res too). Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.