[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

23 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

Any idea about Spacedock?

X4ObhSl.png

Which one do you recommend?

Spacedock is fine. Servers go down every now and then, but that's all.

I recommend using the one that is for the version of ksp you are using.

52 minutes ago, Galileo said:

No and mine definitely doesn't look like that. 

Actually it looks a lot like your 1.1.3-era crater wall textures, just not properly loaded and over-the-top washed-out.

0F8DD04A30BC88E081E97C5C86C10365B229ED67

And it looks like your screenshots at a distance.

F54267C14D7E0210D705FB74EFE758F136356929

Just for a screenshot, here's a surface landing:

1fsO8uW.jpg

So, guess I'm back to chasing bugs. :rolleyes:

Formal bug report as follows: high-detail textures fail to load on approach to Mun, slightly more detailed textures pop in in grid squares directly underneath the craft. Observing additional visual anomalies only at a certain angle and around a certain region, but these remain even with SVT removed:

Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AmlSZuL0ax7C4BI7PBmTJ1VPX2mv

Modlist:

Spoiler

Airplane Plus

Astronomer's Visual Pack

Atmosphere Autopilot

B9 Part Switch

Chatterer

Chatterer Extended

ProbesPlus

Community Category Kit

Community Resource Pack

Configurable Containers

Cryo Engines

Cryo Tanks

Deployable Engines

DMagic Orbital Science

Dynamic Battery Storage

Environmental Visual Enhancements

FASA (launch towers)

Firespitter

Docking Port Sound

Fusebox

Heat Control

RasterPropMonitor

JX2 Antennae

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Atomics

Kerbal Foundries

Kerbal Reusability Expansion

Kerbaltek Hyperedit

Inline Ballutes

Kerbal Inventory System

Kopernicus

KSC 6-seat Mk 3 cockpit

Automated Version Checker

KSP Craft Organizer

KSP Wheel

MechJeb 2

Mk 2 Essentials

Modular Flight Integrator

NavyFish Docking Port Alignment Indicator

NearFuture Construction, Electrical, Props, Propulsion, Solar, Spacecraft

NodeSplitter

Outer Planets Mod

PlanetShine

Pood's OPMVO

RCS Build Aid

RCS Sounds

RealChute

RealPlume

Reentry Particle Effect

RemoteTech 2

SCANSAT

Scatterer

Smart Parts

SmokeScreen

Stage Recovery

Stock Visual Enhancements

Surface Light

Stock Visual Terrain

TAC Fuel Balancer

Take COmmand

Texture Replacer

Throttle Controlled Avionics

TAC Life Support

Trajectories

Kerbal Alarm Clock

TweakScale

Universal Storage

Ven's Stock Revamp

VesselView

Wheel Sounds

Mini AVC Pruner

Blizzy's Toolbar

Edited by DDE

@DDE

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago, and noticed quite a lot of random EXC and ERR in the logs, especially regarding textures. I noticed further the frame rate dropping massively. By chance if found out, that Windows 10 really seems to like running indexing in the background of KSP, eating up a lot of disk performance. So you might want to check, if you run Windows 10, if Windows Search Service is active. disable it for a try an look if that problem remains. As I don't need WinSearch at all, I have it deactivated completely now. Hell is playing KSP fast since then! =)

If you're not running Windows or that doesnt cure it, well, it's a simply try. =)

Cheers

SchrottBot

Edited by SchrottBot

@SchrottBot, CPU 27%, Memory 68%, Disk 11%. Although it's not unlike Windows.

I think it's associated with the glitch I've previously observed, the one that produces a very blocky Minmus among others when you zip around with Hyperedit.

Edited by DDE

22 hours ago, Galileo said:

Spacedock is fine. Servers go down every now and then, but that's all.

I recommend using the one that is for the version of ksp you are using.

I got the "for Windows" version, it's lovely and really gives a boost to the look of the game, my compliments!

5 hours ago, McQueen_Zero said:

Well,I've installed your SVE.However,after I installed the SVT and Kopernicus,my game crashed,there must be something wrong

Yes, there must be something wrong with way you are launching your game. Check that you are launching in x64 bit. 

I see you are new to the forums. Typically, coming to a thread and saying "this is broke" without providing any info at all would probably yield very little support. Read this and return if you continue to see the crash after trying x64 bit.

31 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes, there must be something wrong with way you are launching your game. Check that you are launching in x64 bit. 

I see you are new to the forums. Typically, coming to a thread and saying "this is broke" without providing any info at all would probably yield very little support. Read this and return if you continue to see the crash after trying x64 bit.

errr...You're right.It works in x64 bit. Sorry to trouble you,thanks a lot.

UPDATE
Since I haven't been put to work since arriving in Houston...

SVT v2.0.6

change log

• New, more immersive textures
  • Fixed missing boulders on Kerbin
  • New tiling parameters. Still a WIP
  • Other minor changes not worth mentioning

If you don't want rocks, trees, cactus' and other scatter objects to be solid, edit the "EnableColliders" cfg in the SVT folder; change %collide = True to %collide = False

REQUIREMENTS:
KOPERNICUS https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

DOWNLOAD

To install:

1. Install Kopernicus https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases
and drop into your GameData folder.

2. Drop the SVT folder into your GameData folder.

47 minutes ago, Chaosrik said:

Just installed latest version and all scatter objects are gone. Will try previous version later to see if prob persists.

What version of Kopernicus are you using??? Check your scatter settings in the graphics tab in the main menu. I can guarantee they work just fine

Post logs

if you don't know how, read this:

Edited by Galileo

I'm using the latest version of Kopernicus. I reverted back to previous version 2.0.5 and it works fine. Version 2.0.6 - no scatter objects (although strangely there are a handful of trees just near the space centre but that's it). I had noticed that you'd changed the directory structure slightly in SVT 2.0.6 (configs). I also tried deleting the Module manager cache to reset it and also reloading it but no luck. I could upload log but ill need to create dropbox account.

2 hours ago, Chaosrik said:

I'm using the latest version of Kopernicus. I reverted back to previous version 2.0.5 and it works fine. Version 2.0.6 - no scatter objects (although strangely there are a handful of trees just near the space centre but that's it). I had noticed that you'd changed the directory structure slightly in SVT 2.0.6 (configs). 

I did a fresh install of SVT v2.0.6, downloaded from github, and I'm getting plenty of scatter objects. In fact, I'm having a hard time finding any spots not filled with them. Yes, I changed the directory slightly, but that has nothing to do with if scatter appears or not. 

Spoiler

uCo2lnB.pngL3zoNBu.pngOLwZh6l.pngfjeIvob.pngI3RpKC9.png

I would double check your settings, and maybe reinstall. Try a fresh sandbox game and move around. The scatter is there. 

If anyone else is having this issue let me know, I guess.

Edited by Galileo

Question for the sublime @Galileo - just curious for a mod idea that would need this mods solid terrain scatter.
Do you know if I'd be able to detect anything specific when trying to interact with the solid scatter terrain? ie If I stick a modded drill through a tree / cactus / rock, can I detect it's specifically a tree / cactus / rock? Or are there no named colliders / object whatnot to identify themselves in the interaction?

Edited by wile1411

I don't remember Kerbin being this glossy:

3O2cxN3.png

Any clues if this is an SVT or Kopernicus issue, or something else? Looks to me like the glossiness is inverted (I'd expect the ocean to be glossy, not the land), as if that shaders have swapped from smoothness to roughness.

6 hours ago, Waz said:

I don't remember Kerbin being this glossy:

3O2cxN3.png

Any clues if this is an SVT or Kopernicus issue, or something else? Looks to me like the glossiness is inverted (I'd expect the ocean to be glossy, not the land), as if that shaders have swapped from smoothness to roughness.

Do you have research bodies installed? It changes the alpha on the textures and makes them glossy :/ i already brought it up with jplrepo, but no fix yet

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, wile1411 said:

Question for the sublime @Galileo - just curious for a mod idea that would need this mods solid terrain scatter.
Do you know if I'd be able to detect anything specific when trying to interact with the solid scatter terrain? ie If I stick a modded drill through a tree / cactus / rock, can I detect it's specifically a tree / cactus / rock? Or are there no named colliders / object whatnot to identify themselves in the interaction?

Science Experiments can be made to work with terrain scatter but it is not biome specific. A rock sample in the lowlands for instance would be the same as one done in the mountains... but it can be done.

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Do you have research bodies installed? It changes the alpha on the textures and makes them glossy :/ i already brought it up with jplrepo, but no fix yet

Bingo! I tried a few things, but never thought to suspect ResearchBodies (which I've only tried playing with once before).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.