[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Eyy, Galileo. I was thinking about touching up the texturemap used for Gregox's Duna Restoration Project to be "SVT-Styled" so to speak, so I was just wondering if the detailmaps baked into the planet textures were used separately as bumpmaps in the files. I don't know how to articulate wording that any better.

10 hours ago, sugarblood said:

Eyy, Galileo. I was thinking about touching up the texturemap used for Gregox's Duna Restoration Project to be "SVT-Styled" so to speak, so I was just wondering if the detailmaps baked into the planet textures were used separately as bumpmaps in the files. I don't know how to articulate wording that any better.

I don't know the answer to your question but I imagine looking inside SVT's folders, textures, and configs for the answer would be fruitful.

53 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

I don't know the answer to your question but I imagine looking inside SVT's folders, textures, and configs for the answer would be fruitful.

It's a question unnecessary to be answered anyways - I made a sufficient looking map/orbit texture. The only problem now is figuring out making the terrain itself - SVT runs off of PQSLandControl, and Duna Restoration off of Vertex heightmaps.

Edited by sugarblood

54 minutes ago, sugarblood said:

It's a question unnecessary to be answered anyways - I made a sufficient looking map/orbit texture. The only problem now is figuring out making the terrain itself - SVT runs off of PQSLandControl, and Duna Restoration off of Vertex heightmaps.

They both use both, my dude.

Just now, GregroxMun said:

They both use both, my dude.

Ok yeah, I get that. What I meant to say was that SVT runs "removePQSMods" on PQSlandcontrol, while your work does so on the vertexes.

Trying to just put in both clauses and stitch the land control like frankenstein's monster is well proven not to work, as it causes multiple Bad Things (trademark) including the atmosphere being annihilated, suborbital trajectories skipping around when onrails-warped, and the abyss opening up to devour your astronaut's spacecraft and lock it's rate of speed in place when procedural terrain stars to load in.

• 2 weeks later...

@Runolite Try this  :

Edit this file with text editor : SVT\configs\Kerbin.cfg

At the end of the file, change this :

SpaceCenter
{
	groundColor = 0.444,0.494,0.294,0.23
	groundTexture = SVT/textures/PluginData/grass00.dds
}

to this :

%SpaceCenter
{
}

If this doesn't work, please open your "ModuleManager.ConfigCache" file with a text editor, search for the "SpaceCenter{...}" node and post it here.

Also do you have Sigma Dimensions installed ? There is known issue with it.

Edited by Gotmachine

@Gotmachine

Thanks, but unfortunately it didn't worked.

Module Manager Cache:

SpaceCenter
            {
            }

And yes, I'm using Sigma Dimensions with 4x rescale.

@Runolite Ok so forget about the first edit, revert it to the initial syntax.

The bug with Sigma Dimensions is a silly one : SigDim should be applied after SVT, but since the loading order is alphabetical things get screwed up. The fix should come from SigDim but Sigma88 is waiting for BlowFish to implement a :LAST ModuleManager feature so he can fix this.

What you need to do is open ALL *.cfg files in the SVT\configs folder and edit the first line : change the "[SVT]" label to "[RSVT]".

@Gotmachine

What you need to do is open ALL *.cfg files in the SVT\configs folder and edit the first line : change the "[SVT]" label to "[RSVT]".

I did than an now Kopernicus sents me this and none of my savegames loads neither I can start a new game, just an infinite loading screen.

6Lh0fcW.jpg

Edited by Runolite

I am running EVE, SVE, Kopernicus, and SVT together. I've narrowed it down to SVT strangely after spending hours. Everytime SVT is installed the city lights disappear or create this weird white blocky images. When I remove it then the city lights go back to normal. I can't even find where SVT would be affecting the city lights unless it's Kopernicus has an issue and it only shows up when it is actually being used (by  SVT). Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 7:39 AM, avalancha said:

For me SVT features simply don't appear in 1.5.1 with most current version installed. I'm not experiencing any other bugs from it. But I would REALLY appreciate a 1.5 update :) fingers crossed! 

did you installed kopernicus? if not you need to.

for me in 1.5.1 its kind of working
that means that the textures from planets and moons get applied and look ok
the mountains at KSC look very ugly so i think we need to have to wait for an update.
the city lights from kerbin are gone.
not sure if its an kopernicus or svt issue

Edited by mrvice

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.