[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

• 4 weeks later...

@Galileo do you think you could put a warning not to use this terrain pack with the Community Terrain Texture Pack (and/or have CKAN flag them as incompatible)? I had OPM installed, which I had forgotten has CTTP as a dependency, and was briefly confused about my terrain disappearing. I understand that you emphasize in the OP that his is for stock and all, but SVE works so...

5 hours ago, Lechrenski said:

@Galileo do you think you could put a warning not to use this terrain pack with the Community Terrain Texture Pack (and/or have CKAN flag them as incompatible)? I had OPM installed, which I had forgotten has CTTP as a dependency, and was briefly confused about my terrain disappearing. I understand that you emphasize in the OP that his is for stock and all, but SVE works so...

It is not possible for CTTP to be incompatible to any other mod. CTTP is just a collection of textures and doesn't do anything on it's own if you don't add a config, which will apply these textures to any planets. SVT provides such a config for the stock system, using the SVT textures and OPM will use the CTTP textures and applies them to the OPM planets&moons.

So, it shouldn't be an issue to run both mods (SVT and OPM) together. They use different file paths to different textures: " CTTP/Textures/PluginData/xyz.dds" for OPM and " SVT/textures/PluginData/xyz.dds" for SVT, so even if there would be some textures with the same name, it will work perfectly fine.

The only planet which actually can end up with different textures, is Eeloo. It got moved by OPM and the CTTP textures are applied but since SVT should load after OPM, the settings are overwritten again and Eeloo will use the SVT textures again.

4 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

It is not possible for CTTP to be incompatible to any other mod. CTTP is just a collection of textures and doesn't do anything on it's own if you don't add a config, which will apply these textures to any planets. SVT provides such a config for the stock system, using the SVT textures and OPM will use the CTTP textures and applies them to the OPM planets&moons.

So, it shouldn't be an issue to run both mods (SVT and OPM) together. They use different file paths to different textures: " CTTP/Textures/PluginData/xyz.dds" for OPM and " SVT/textures/PluginData/xyz.dds" for SVT, so even if there would be some textures with the same name, it will work perfectly fine.

The only planet which actually can end up with different textures, is Eeloo. It got moved by OPM and the CTTP textures are applied but since SVT should load after OPM, the settings are overwritten again and Eeloo will use the SVT textures again.

Huh. Then I guess I have more experimenting to do to figure out what is causes the problem. Thanks for the reply.

9 minutes ago, Lechrenski said:

Huh. Then I guess I have more experimenting to do to figure out what is causes the problem. Thanks for the reply.

If you run KSP 1.5 or 1.6, it's is possible that SVT doesn't work properly on these versions. I've seen some strange behaviour in KSP 1.5.1 (especially the mountains in the west of the KSC), haven't tried KSP 1.6 yet.

Also, there is a general issue in KSP 1.5.1 (not sure if it got fixed in 1.6) which prevents ground scatter to be generated while flying: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20344
This will affect SVT as well (grass, trees, and so on).

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

1 minute ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

If you run KSP 1.5 or 1.6, it's is possible that SVT doesn't work properly on these versions. I've seen some strange behaviour in KSP 1.5.1 (especially the mountains in the west of the KSC), haven't tried KSP 1.6 yet.

Also, there is a general issue in KSP 1.5.1 (not sure if it got fixed in 1.6) which prevents ground scatterer to be generated while flying: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/20344
This will affect SVT as well (grass, trees, and so on).

Yeah, I'm running 1.6.1, and I only tried installing SVT after I updated, so that's probably it. I'll see about playing around with it some more later, but I've already spent a few hours figuring out what else does/doesn't work, so I'm a bit exhausted of that for the time being. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

I was crossing my fingers I could make this work in KSP 1.6.1. So far, mixed success: there's a conflict between SVT (2.1.4.1) and Sigma Dimensions (0.10.1) that turns the terrain black/unrendered--except for the launch complex, very close terrain (say 50 m around an EVA kerbal, the ground will render), and very distant terrain. Both Sigma Dimensions and SVT seem to work okay separately.

The issue first occurred in a messy mod install but went away when I removed SVT. Then I removed everything but SVT and its prerequisites (Kopernicus, MFI, MM) and SVT worked fine. It was only re-adding Sigma Dimensions to this bare-bones install that reproduced the issue.

Since neither of these claim to support 1.6.1, I'm not requesting support, just sharing information.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

SVT v2.2.0
Change log

• Update for 1.6.1
  • Fixed mountain texture shadow cast issue
  • Added the workaround to fix black terrain with Sigma Dimensions

To install:

1. Install Kopernicus https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest
and drop into GameData.

2. Drop the SVT folder into GameData folder.

If you don't want rocks, trees, cactus' and other scatter objects to be solid, remove the "EnableColliders" cfg in the SVT/configs folder.

Download link in OP

Edited by Galileo

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2019 at 6:34 AM, Galileo said:

UPDATE

SVT v2.2.0
Change log

• Update for 1.6.1
  • Fixed mountain texture shadow cast issue
  • Added the workaround to fix black terrain with Sigma Dimensions

To install:

1. Install Kopernicus https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/latest
and drop into GameData.

2. Drop the SVT folder into GameData folder.

If you don't want rocks, trees, cactus' and other scatter objects to be solid, remove the "EnableColliders" cfg in the SVT/configs folder.

Download link in OP

Hello mate, Im getting noticeably worse performance using this mod with a fast system. Does the mod do anything other than improve the planet textures?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, Zerolera said:

someone tried use this mod in 1.7.x?

52 minutes ago, Meta Iridium said:

Yes, and it probably does not work

This mod requires kopernicus which is version locked and will not work in 1.7.1.

be patient and wait for it to update.

On 5/31/2019 at 1:15 AM, Zerolera said:

someone tried use this mod in 1.7.x?

Yep! Got the Nyan Cat flying around my loading screen which was amusing if nothing else. *Tongue in Cheek* Oh yeah, I also got a message saying Kopernicus isn't working.... Maybe we should wait till that's updated like Galileo said. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.