[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

08.06.2019 в 08:55 Галилей сказал:

SVT должен просто отлично работать в новом Kopernicus

увы не работает ... = (
Bezymyanny.png

but when I delete mun.cfg from SVT, Mun becomes visible again, but with standard textures. I think there is some kind of error in the mun.cfg code.

Bezymyanny_2.png

Edited by MadMan87

On 6/8/2019 at 8:55 AM, Galileo said:

SVT should work just fine in the new Kopernicus

Alas, don't work... =(

Spoiler

But when I delete mun.cfg from SVT, Mun becomes visible again, but with standard textures. I think there is some kind of error in the mun.cfg code.
Spoiler

Bezymyanny_2.png?extra=mEQPclpf4hDI_fbdP

Edited by MadMan87
no picture attached

10 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@MadMan87 Works fine for me. 

I cant help though if you don’t provide logs and a screenshot of your GameData. My assumption is that you have this installed incorrectly.

here log file:

here scrinshot GameData:

Spoiler

d5bbe815a42e00b9ce8b223e33ea54e9-full.pn

Here screenshots from game:
1. When mun.cfg in SVT folder.

Spoiler

364d5c983bd54c6dacef550a2de0a90e-full.pn

2. when I delete mun.cfg from SVT, Mun becomes visible again.

Spoiler

c8a2032cf8d978d49aa3bde2f3389c9c-full.pn

I think there is some kind of error in the mun.cfg code

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed SVE with the highest res textures via CKAN.  Do I still need to install Stock Visual Terrain as well?  I am playing on latest version of KSP (I know it's technically not supported yet but it works fine for this version).  I'm not sure if the high res textures I installed are the same as in Stock Visual Terrain.  and if I instgall SVT if it would over-write the beautiful high rest textures for SVE.

Thank you!  :) 

7 minutes ago, jpinard said:

I have installed SVE with the highest res textures via CKAN.  Do I still need to install Stock Visual Terrain as well?  I am playing on latest version of KSP (I know it's technically not supported yet but it works fine for this version).  I'm not sure if the high res textures I installed are the same as in Stock Visual Terrain.  and if I instgall SVT if it would over-write the beautiful high rest textures for SVE.

Thank you!  :) 

SVE is just clouds... not terrain. SVT and SVE are not the same thing and can be used separately. They do not change the same things so they won’t overwrite anything to either.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE is just clouds... not terrain. SVT and SVE are not the same thing and can be used separately. They do not change the same things.

Thank you so much for answering.  I had no idea that's how it worked as all this time.  I'd been assuming SVE was planet texture views from extreme orbit.  So should I be seeing clouds over Kerbin then with SVE?  I will have to check to see if I actually saw them in latest KSP (which I know may not be fully supported yet).

Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer me.  I feel dumb asking some of the questions I do, and I know as a modder it can get annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought that I'd add - the Mun is invisible in my game as well - I'm not using any texture packs beyond OPM and Astronomers Visuals. Installed everything to the correct directory.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:56 PM, MadMan87 said:

here log file:

Reveal hidden contents

here scrinshot GameData:

Reveal hidden contents

d5bbe815a42e00b9ce8b223e33ea54e9-full.pn

Here screenshots from game:
1. When mun.cfg in SVT folder.

Reveal hidden contents

364d5c983bd54c6dacef550a2de0a90e-full.pn

2. when I delete mun.cfg from SVT, Mun becomes visible again.

Reveal hidden contents

c8a2032cf8d978d49aa3bde2f3389c9c-full.pn

I think there is some kind of error in the mun.cfg code

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Smarti said:

Is it possible to to get somehow only the Scatterobjects with colliders? The textures are a bit too much for my pc with all my other mods.

Anything is possible if you mod the mod.  But SVT doesn't come with an option to do what you ask.  You'd have to do it yourself.

2 hours ago, Smarti said:

Hello.

Is it possible to to get somehow only the Scatterobjects with colliders? The textures are a bit too much for my pc with all my other mods.

Thank you.

There is a cfg in SVT named EnableColliders.cfg.

copy that cfg to your gamedata folder and delete SVT.

You will still need Kopernicus, and unfortunately , that is what is causing your performance issues more than likely right now. There is workaround for the performance issues posted somewhere in the kopernicus thread 

On 9/5/2019 at 12:43 AM, Galileo said:

There is a cfg in SVT named EnableColliders.cfg.

copy that cfg to your gamedata folder and delete SVT.

You will still need Kopernicus, and unfortunately , that is what is causing your performance issues more than likely right now. There is workaround for the performance issues posted somewhere in the kopernicus thread 

Thank`s a lot. I did not know that Kopernicus has this issues atm.

Hello

I am having the same issue not seeing the Mun with SVT installed. It only starts to appear when very close to the surface. This is a Steam KSP 1.7.3 release without any of the two official addons. The mods are installed with CKAN. Already tried uninstalling all mods, made a Steam repair and reinstalled the mods.

I am using the training mission "The Mun, Part 2" for the screenshots an log:

Without SVT, I can see the Mun:

With SVT, I cannot see the Mun from orbit:

GameData:

Log file:

Thanks for the help

3 hours ago, escaner said:

Hello

I am having the same issue not seeing the Mun with SVT installed. It only starts to appear when very close to the surface. This is a Steam KSP 1.7.3 release without any of the two official addons. The mods are installed with CKAN. Already tried uninstalling all mods, made a Steam repair and reinstalled the mods.

I am using the training mission "The Mun, Part 2" for the screenshots an log:

Without SVT, I can see the Mun:

With SVT, I cannot see the Mun from orbit:

GameData:

Log file:

Thanks for the help

Pretty sure planet packs or any mod and that uses kopernicus won't work with the tutorials or training missions.

Also, try to replicate the issue with only SVT and it's dependencies. 

And to be completely honest, SVT will likely be halted once 1.8 is released as the new shaders are nicer than anything SVT can provide.

Edited by Galileo

14 hours ago, Galileo said:

Pretty sure planet packs or any mod and that uses kopernicus won't work with the tutorials or training missions.

Also, try to replicate the issue with only SVT and it's dependencies. 

And to be completely honest, SVT will likely be halted once 1.8 is released as the new shaders are nicer than anything SVT can provide.

I tried disabling all mods except for SVT and its two requisites according to CKAN: Kopernicus and another module that this one needed (Flight Integrator maybe?).

Had the same problem in the tutorial mission, but then I tried in a sandbox and could see the Mun all the way from Kerbin to the surface. With Kopernicus installed and SVT not installed, I can see the Mun in the tutorial mission.

I came back to KSP after a year of inactivity and that is why I started with that tutorial as a refreshment. I will report back if I see any other problem out of the tutorials. Do you want me to do any more test?

PS: Is there a date already for that KSP 1.8 update?

Thanks for your help

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

If I wanted to use the new stock textures that have been rolling out recently and the ones coming in 1.8 would I just remove the configs for the planets in question to do so?

You would just delete this mod. SVT will not be continued once the new terrain shaders come out. It will support everything up till 1.8 and that's it. 

On 9/28/2019 at 4:27 AM, Galileo said:

You would just delete this mod. SVT will not be continued once the new terrain shaders come out. It will support everything up till 1.8 and that's it. 

I mean just disable the textures for the planets that have new textures and keep it for the ones still using the old ones.  

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.