[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

On 11/30/2019 at 1:48 AM, MaximumThrust said:

I also think this is a great ideia. The current version of SVT should work with KSP 1.8.1 when Kopernicus gets updated?

Just tried it in 1.8.1. Works like a champ for me.

20 minutes ago, Raven. said:

Just tried it in 1.8.1. Works like a champ for me.

Sure, but its not using the new shader, so you are only making the game look worse with this mod now, as far as terrain goes

Edited by Galileo

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Sure, but its not using the new shader, so you are only making the game look worse with this mod now, as far as terrain goes

Considering that I just moved from KSP 1.3.1 to 1.8.1, I'm assuming that I'm missing some big change that happened?

Anybody experience this too?

This only happens at Dawn/Dawn Twilight and only on Vall, but I only went to a few Bodies since I installed SVT. Also sometimes the Terrain at Kerbin randomly starts vibrating like an Earthquake but I didn't manage to record it yet.

OK, not really like an Earthquake as I can tell by Experience but I hope you get the Idea :D

EDIT: It seem like YouTube processed most of the Glitch out of the Video; the Terrain looks a bit "wobbly"; like this unwanted Effects you might get when Filming something with tightly packed Stripes (I'm horrific at describing Things).

Edited by derbleifuss

• 2 weeks later...

Currently still running in 1.7.x, all my Mun enhancement textures are no longer working.

All other bodies in the system are fine, I've checked, but the Mun has lost its re-texture and dust clouds. I assume this is because of a clash between mods, but I am unsure what two.

Does anyone else have a similar problem, and if so, how did you fix it?

I have no idea where to even start to fix this so if anyone is willing to help, I can provide any data or game files needed.

Many thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2020 at 3:33 PM, Galileo said:

I will likely update it eventually as I have a lot of nice textures for the new shader. We’ll see. What squad has provided so far has done a really nice job at replacing this mod.

I hope you do, at the rate squad are going KSP 2 will be out before they update the whole kerbol system.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, kylelander said:

I wonder if this works for 1.10.1.....

Not recommended.  The new stock terrain shader that began being phased in with KSP v1.8 far surpasses what this mod was able to do.  This mod is a big improvement when applied to pre-1.8 versions of KSP, but for 1.10.1 you'll have better looking terrain if you just stick with plain stock.  That's not to say this mod won't eventually be updated, but for now it's mostly obsolete.

FYI, I think there's something coming in the future that will be way better than anything we've seen yet.  It appears the creator of Parallax is working on a stock planet terrain upgrade.  The preview screenshots look fantastic.

Edited by OhioBob

13 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Not recommended.  The new stock terrain shader that began being phased in with KSP v1.8 far surpasses what this mod was able to do.  This mod is a big improvement when applied to pre-1.8 versions of KSP, but for 1.10.1 you'll have better looking terrain if you just stick with plain stock.  That's not to say this mod won't eventually be updated, but for now it's mostly obsolete.

FYI, I think there's something coming in the future that will be way better than anything we've seen yet.  It appears the creator of Parallax is working on a stock planet terrain upgrade.  The preview screenshots look fantastic.

Yeah, I look forward to Parallax's stock configs' release as well!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/29/2020 at 10:18 PM, QuakeIV said:

I have yet to see the mun look like the screenshot that galileo has been pointing to, am I missing something?  Does it disable itself if you are missing some kind of graphics card feature?

You have to turn up the terrain quality in the graphics settings, then restart the game.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.