Galileo

[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

@Berlin The spacedock link still points to version 1.0 and not 1.1 which according to the change notes is the latest one.

Looks like you tried to download as it was uploading. Try again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea why I would be getting this? http://imgur.com/EZ4NffY

list of mods:

maciek@liwardyna ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData $ ls
AsteroidDay            EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements  KIS         MechJeb2                 ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll   ModuleManager.ConfigSHA  ModuleManager.TechTree  PlanetShine  Squad                    SVEKopernicus    TriggerTech
EditorExtensionsRedux  KAS                              Kopernicus  ModularFlightIntegrator  ModuleManager.ConfigCache  ModuleManager.Physics    NavyFish                scatterer    StockVisualEnhancements  TextureReplacer


All except SVE HR 1.0.7 installed via CKAN.

Awesome work btw :)

(if only I was able to get all shiny stuff to work, I cannot seem to get scatterer to work anymore, it used to work, diff -ruN shows that CKAN didn't butcher SVE Visual Terrain during the install.., my GTX 570 also seems capable enough)

Edited by reavertm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, reavertm said:

Any idea why I would be getting this? http://imgur.com/EZ4NffY

list of mods:

maciek@liwardyna ~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData $ ls
AsteroidDay            EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements  KIS         MechJeb2                 ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll   ModuleManager.ConfigSHA  ModuleManager.TechTree  PlanetShine  Squad                    SVEKopernicus    TriggerTech
EditorExtensionsRedux  KAS                              Kopernicus  ModularFlightIntegrator  ModuleManager.ConfigCache  ModuleManager.Physics    NavyFish                scatterer    StockVisualEnhancements  TextureReplacer


All except SVE HR 1.0.7 installed via CKAN.

Awesome work btw :)

(if only I was able to get all shiny stuff to work, I cannot seem to get scatterer to work anymore, it used to work, diff -ruN shows that CKAN didn't butcher SVE Visual Terrain during the install.., my GTX 570 also seems capable enough)

Dont install via ckan.  Also,  kopernicus causes this issue not sve.  Try installing manually. Ckan breaks sve. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Dont install via ckan.  Also,  kopernicus causes this issue not sve.  Try installing manually. Ckan breaks sve. 

My SVE (EVE/scatterer modified by Yours Truly) is installed manually, I just installed Visual Terrain from .ckan (it does did install properly - I checked diffs manually between installed files and unpacked .zip contents, so perhaps you could elaborate on what does CKAN break specifically for SVE visual terrain)

(I do apologise, I don't get how checksum and install-file-list driven, even unit-tested, tool can be breaking mod installations - if anything I would rather look for a problem between a chair and computer as it's easier for human to butcher some steps than a machine).

You mentioned kopernicus, is it just the trick to the get the right combination of mod versions and not just the newest ones? If so which SVE-dependencies-mod versions (kopernicus, scatterer/EVE I guess is modified by yourself, bundled, so no issue) do you use/recommend/are known to work together with KSP 1.1.3? I just wonder how do all those people get those fancy SVE screenshots with all mods working together in reliable manner...  (my manually installed SVE doesn't scatter anymore, EVE does work though as clouds are there). I have a feeling I wouldn't have those issues if I just used Windows...

Keep up the great work! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

18 minutes ago, reavertm said:

My SVE (EVE/scatterer modified by Yours Truly) is installed manually, I just installed Visual Terrain from .ckan (it does did install properly - I checked diffs manually between installed files and unpacked .zip contents, so perhaps you could elaborate on what does CKAN break specifically for SVE visual terrain)

(I do apologise, I don't get how checksum and install-file-list driven, even unit-tested, tool can be breaking mod installations - if anything I would rather look for a problem between a chair and computer as it's easier for human to butcher some steps than a machine).

You mentioned kopernicus, is it just the trick to the get the right combination of mod versions and not just the newest ones? If so which SVE-dependencies-mod versions (kopernicus, scatterer/EVE I guess is modified by yourself, bundled, so no issue) do you use/recommend/are known to work together with KSP 1.1.3? I just wonder how do all those people get those fancy SVE screenshots with all mods working together in reliable manner...  (my manually installed SVE doesn't scatter anymore, EVE does work though as clouds are there). I have a feeling I wouldn't have those issues if I just used Windows...

Keep up the great work! :)

Ckan doesn't break anything on SVT as far as i know Kopernicus does
there is no trick to make kopernicus work, Its just buggy
i use the latest version of kopernicus, scatterer and EVE. i use custom cfgs in this mod to make the clouds and scatterer took good together. Modifying the cfgs may result in things not looking right. also i wont provide support.
The way to get a bunch of mods working together is to quit relying on ckan and start installing manually that way, if you have issues, you will have a general idea of where the problem is and can troubleshoot the problems easier.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SVT USERS, PLEASE READ

34EpIqN.png

*****So the issue with Kerbin turning white after switching to another ship in orbit is caused by a conflict between scatterer and Kopernicus. I have tested with every single mod that adds terrain textures and each one turns white after a switch.. HOWEVER I did notice that when you start the game, if you pick your ship from the tracking station first, Kerbin never turns white after that. SO, as a workaround until there is a fix, upon start of your game, initially choose your ship from the tracking station and the issue SHOULD go away. Note that you must do this EVERY TIME YOU START YOUR GAME******

 

@Thomas P. maybe you can take a look?

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a problem with this mod.  When it's installed, the sun is tiny, almost like a star.  When I removed this, it went back to normal.

This happened in a fairly small install, which didn't have any other visual enhancements installed.  I first noticed it in my career game, and it took a while to track it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a problem with this mod.  When it's installed, the sun is tiny, almost like a star.  When I removed this, it went back to normal.

This happened in a fairly small install, which didn't have any other visual enhancements installed.  I first noticed it in my career game, and it took a while to track it down.

Yeah I intended this mod to have Scatterer and it's sun flares so I had to make it smaller.  What you can do is, remove the sun cfg that is in the SVEKopernicus folder and that should fix it. Or if you want,  you can play with the radius value and set it to the size you want. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to look at it when I get home Monday 

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah I intended this mod to have Scatterer and it's sun flares so I had to make it smaller.  What you can do is, remove the sun cfg that is in the SVEKopernicus folder and that should fix it. Or if you want,  you can play with the radius value and set it to the size you want. If that doesn't fix it I'll have to look at it when I get home Monday 

Oh, so I need to install Scatterer?  I'll try that, otherwise I'll try your suggestion

You should set it up with a ModuleManager cfg to do that automatically

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, so I need to install Scatterer?  I'll try that, otherwise I'll try your suggestion

You should set it up with a ModuleManager cfg to do that automatically

Thanks

I haven't ever tried to make a cfg for mm. I'll look at it this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Galileo said:

I haven't ever tried to make a cfg for mm. I'll look at it this week

Scatter doesn't support MM config editing yet :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here I am giving lovin' to bodies you rarely visit.. maybe you will want to go see Tylo now?  made a new height map..check it out

cEjy6Zq.pngyC2jzGC.pngMPYSqEe.pngMNCD8U9.pngGBJCo9X.pngkhnV0pZ.png

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:09 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a problem with this mod.  When it's installed, the sun is tiny, almost like a star.  When I removed this, it went back to normal.

This happened in a fairly small install, which didn't have any other visual enhancements installed.  I first noticed it in my career game, and it took a while to track it down.

you can also just delete the properties node from the cfg and that will fix it as well

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love this mod, but i found a problem. Like you mentioned in the OP @Galileo, Kerbin turns white after switching vessels in orbit, but for me, it doesn't turn white then, it turns white when i get out of map mode. I have SVE, scattered, planetshine and DOE. Also, i have a bunch of other part mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Joco223 said:

I really love this mod, but i found a problem. Like you mentioned in the OP @Galileo, Kerbin turns white after switching vessels in orbit, but for me, it doesn't turn white then, it turns white when i get out of map mode. I have SVE, scattered, planetshine and DOE. Also, i have a bunch of other part mods

The work around is not a perfect science.  @blackrack is looking into the issue.  It's not your mods or anything like that.  We all just have to be patient and hope there is a resolution :/ sorry for the inconvenience 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UPDATE

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 2:58 AM, Galileo said:

CHANGE LOG

1.3
- Complete revamp of all celestial bodies
- Better, more immersive textures
-No more seams!
-New height maps
-other small fixes

REQUIREMENTS:
KOPERNICUS 
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/140580-113-kopernicus-release-1-july-4/

DOWNLOAD HERE

 

OR ON SPACEDOCK
xO68iAc.jpg

I really tried to take my time with this update. I feel like I rushed the others.
 

The white Kerbin, Scatterer issue has not been fixed with this update. I am waiting on a fix from blackrack. Until then follow my instructions in the OP on how to avoid it for the most part.

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2016 at 3:00 PM, Stratzenblitz75 said:

When you look at Dres' infamous canyon, you can see these strange artifacts

I think I may have fixed this issue with the new heightmap.  If you wanna double check and let me know I would greatly appreciate it.  I just forgot to check before I updated :/ it was 6 am and sleep was calling

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I think I may have fixed this issue with the new heightmap.  If you wanna double check and let me know I would greatly appreciate it.  I just forgot to check before I updated :/ it was 6 am and sleep was calling

Yea, the new version did fix it:

XmW1m8T.png

It also greatly improved the quality of the textures. Beforehand, the Dres canyon walls were more muddy-white. Now, they have a proper "rocky" texture.

I forgot to mention earlier, but, thanks for getting this issue as well as the scatterer sun-flare incompatibility resolved. I really appreciate all the hard work modders like you put into KSP to make it into the incredibly diverse sandbox that it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stratzenblitz75 said:

Yea, the new version did fix it:

XmW1m8T.png

It also greatly improved the quality of the textures. Beforehand, the Dres canyon walls were more muddy-white. Now, they have a proper "rocky" texture.

I forgot to mention earlier, but, thanks for getting this issue as well as the scatterer sun-flare incompatibility resolved. I really appreciate all the hard work modders like you put into KSP to make it into the incredibly diverse sandbox that it is.

I just went to check it out as well and noticed an darn seam in the normal map so I'm going to update again lol thanks for the feedback and support! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this mod is coming along nicely same as SVE. Not playing much KSP currently but still following the amazing mods here in the forum and especially your glorious creations. Keep up the good work @Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.