[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

26 minutes ago, smysha said:

Welp, that bug is driving me insane. Maybe it is not connected with SVT, but with Kopernicus/TextureReplacer/etc., but I've had it only with that mod.

Disappearing planet textures. It happened with Mun once, and with Minmus twice. Sometimes it doesn't go away entirely, but becomes somewhat transparent.
http://imgur.com/a/iywU0

Thank you in advance

Strange. I have never had disappearing planets and you are the first person to say this is happening. What version do you have?  What are you using texture replacer for?  I need more info than "disappearing planet textures"  

Edited by Galileo

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

Strange. I have never had disappearing planets and you are the first person to say this is happening. What version do you have?  What are you using texture replacer for?  I need more info than "disappearing planet textures"  

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought thomething like this was already encountered, so description were pretty short.

First things first, my GameData folder looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/hfFMt

TextureReplacer is used for KSPRC to work, but since I've got all that nice planet textures from your mod, it changes only stock parts appearance. At least, it should do so.

Planets dissapears only after you get close enough to them, and only solution is to restart a game. For example, if you had a ship landed on Mun and after the game loads you switch to it via tracking station - Mun will be where it should be. But if you will start a new mission and fly there from Kerbin, there are all chanses for it to become transparent. Fun thing is that all various terrain details lire rocks are still there. And you still can land on the planet/moon.

Game version is 1.1.3. Do you need some logs from the game, or something like that?

Also, there is strong probability that the problem is not with your mod, but with me being dumb. I'm sorry if it is so.

3 hours ago, smysha said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought thomething like this was already encountered, so description were pretty short.

First things first, my GameData folder looks like this: http://imgur.com/a/hfFMt

TextureReplacer is used for KSPRC to work, but since I've got all that nice planet textures from your mod, it changes only stock parts appearance. At least, it should do so.

Planets dissapears only after you get close enough to them, and only solution is to restart a game. For example, if you had a ship landed on Mun and after the game loads you switch to it via tracking station - Mun will be where it should be. But if you will start a new mission and fly there from Kerbin, there are all chanses for it to become transparent. Fun thing is that all various terrain details lire rocks are still there. And you still can land on the planet/moon.

Game version is 1.1.3. Do you need some logs from the game, or something like that?

Also, there is strong probability that the problem is not with your mod, but with me being dumb. I'm sorry if it is so.

ksprc and my mod will conflict. You cannot have both.  Delete both mods and re-download just one of them.  

KSPRC and SVT change the same things in game.  You can't have 2 mods that change planet textures.  Ksp is not smart enough to disable certain features of one mod just because you have another installed. So basically you have two mods that replace planet textures fighting against each other causing planets to disappear.  So like I said delete both mods and reinstall one of them. That should fix your issue.  

Edited by Galileo

SPACE DOCK IS NOT WORKING FOR THIS MOD RIGHT NOW. 

If you download from spacedock, you will get the wrong version.  Please download at github here

https://github.com/Galileo88/Stock-Visual-Terrain/releases/tag/1.42

I have tried uploading 8 or 9 times and the upload freezes at like 99.9% so I'm going to drop spacedock for a while until I can upload again. 

Edited by Galileo

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I have tried uploading 8 or 9 times and the upload freezes at like 99.9% so I'm going to drop spacedock for a while until I can upload again. 

This happens for me too, the way I get around it is to wait for it to freeze, refresh the page and try again. It then works as you'd expect.  

Edited by udk_lethal_d0se

Just now, udk_lethal_d0se said:

This happens for me too, the way I get around it is to wait for it to freeze, refresh the page and try again. It works for me. 

Yeah I did 8 or 9 times.  Refreshing worked for me in the past as well.  I just lost patience and moved on with my life :) I'm on a fixed amount of Data so I can't upload a ton or my internet will slow down to a snails pace. 

I will upload to spacedock again when I get the chance

Is it my imagination, or is the Mohole terrain a bit... rougher than it used to be? These canyons are only a hundred metres wide, and some of them are brutally angled...

PuaLV5R.jpg

Also, the orbital view is a bit... well, puckered. Gave me a bit of a giggle :D

(The altitude to the waypoint may be nothing to do with you, still investigating that.)

Edited by eddiew

Just an FYI @Galileo, SVT drops the average level of terrain around the Mohole by about 2.2-2.5km and widens it by about 200m. It's not a problem in of itself, but combined with Anomaly Surveyor, it results in a waypoint (as screenshotted above) that floats so far above the ground it can't be tagged without a significant engine burn upwards. Maybe @nightingale could advise whether there's a way to make a patch script to change the WP params when SVT loads? :) 

I've adjusted the parameters in my save just to be able to get it done, so it's not urgent on my account ^^

Also, I suspect it isn't your fault, but when I have a rover parked within about 500m of the edge for more than 30 seconds, the tyres explode and it launches upwards at a good 50m/s or above. Usually in several pieces :huh: I believe there is a kraken living in the hole with long, invisible tentacles...

20 minutes ago, eddiew said:

Just an FYI @Galileo, SVT drops the average level of terrain around the Mohole by about 2.2-2.5km and widens it by about 200m. It's not a problem in of itself, but combined with Anomaly Surveyor, it results in a waypoint (as screenshotted above) that floats so far above the ground it can't be tagged without a significant engine burn upwards. Maybe @nightingale could advise whether there's a way to make a patch script to change the WP params when SVT loads? :) 

I've adjusted the parameters in my save just to be able to get it done, so it's not urgent on my account ^^

Also, I suspect it isn't your fault, but when I have a rover parked within about 500m of the edge for more than 30 seconds, the tyres explode and it launches upwards at a good 50m/s or above. Usually in several pieces :huh: I believe there is a kraken living in the hole with long, invisible tentacles...

I'll probably change that to be based off the mohole pqscity in 1.2, so if you're going to modify anything for compatibility, that'd be the way to go.

Hello @Galileo, like the mod very much, but there is a problem in my setup with it.

Jool's Vall and Pol moons disappear.

Meaning they are gone entirely, not only a graphical issue.

Contracts targeting them throw an exception.

I workaround by renaming the extension of the moons' config files.

Any idea what happens with them?

1 hour ago, Fendrin said:

Hello @Galileo, like the mod very much, but there is a problem in my setup with it.

Jool's Vall and Pol moons disappear.

Meaning they are gone entirely, not only a graphical issue.

Contracts targeting them throw an exception.

I workaround by renaming the extension of the moons' config files.

Any idea what happens with them?

No idea.  Send logs and probably your mod list.  I won't be able to get to it until I get back from vacation on thursday

Oh yeah, I could post a couple of my Moho expedition logs here :)  Drove about 600km from the Mohole down to the equator while taking in the sights.

The mountains look glorious, and pose quite a challenge to rover navigation - especially at the pole, where I think there's only one viable route that I found by pure luck. It's not an unfair balance though, and nowhere is completely impassible that I've found. With some careful route planning there's always an option. Also, the boulders are solid. This makes for scary driving all the time.

uYzDv8r.jpg

Apf1u2H.jpg

hSckR6a.jpg

6CNwqWp.jpg

...that said, as pretty as this expedition was, I never want to drive a rover over that kind of distance again, ever :P  

Also, I wondered if Moho might be a candidate for a light "mun dust" effect. Being blasted by Kerbol at such close range, it might cause some bits of the surface to vaporise into an exosphere, and maybe a hint of low-lying haze would be justified? :) 

In other news, Ike is... incredibly, incredibly dark with SVT+SVE. I'm using Ambient Light to beef it up, but wow, this thing was like landing on a lump of coal. Not sure whether that might warrant a little bit of enlightenment? Duna looks good on the horizon though :) 

QIiK2HM.jpg

mEbj65F.jpg

Edited by eddiew

6 hours ago, eddiew said:

Oh yeah, I could post a couple of my Moho expedition logs here :)  Drove about 600km from the Mohole down to the equator while taking in the sights.

The mountains look glorious, and pose quite a challenge to rover navigation - especially at the pole, where I think there's only one viable route that I found by pure luck. It's not an unfair balance though, and nowhere is completely impassible that I've found. With some careful route planning there's always an option. Also, the boulders are solid. This makes for scary driving all the time.

uYzDv8r.jpg

Apf1u2H.jpg

hSckR6a.jpg

6CNwqWp.jpg

...that said, as pretty as this expedition was, I never want to drive a rover over that kind of distance again, ever :P  

Also, I wondered if Moho might be a candidate for a light "mun dust" effect. Being blasted by Kerbol at such close range, it might cause some bits of the surface to vaporise into an exosphere, and maybe a hint of low-lying haze would be justified? :) 

In other news, Ike is... incredibly, incredibly dark with SVT+SVE. I'm using Ambient Light to beef it up, but wow, this thing was like landing on a lump of coal. Not sure whether that might warrant a little bit of enlightenment? Duna looks good on the horizon though :) 

QIiK2HM.jpg

mEbj65F.jpg

I plan on fixing Ike and Moho once 1.2 and Kopernicus are steady :)  i did want Ike to be darker and Moho to be a lot bumpier to add something interesting to them but if it is causing issues i will fix it

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I plan on fixing Ike and Moho once 1.2 and Kopernicus are steady :)  i did want Ike to be darker and Moho to be a lot bumpier to add something interesting to them but if it is causing issues i will fix it

Silly as it sounds, if Moho is any bumpier, it might actually be less interesting... right now, it's rover-able, but there are mountain ranges you have to skirt around. If the flatter bits get more severe, then it'll be nearly impossible for rovers, and without a moon of its own, it'll be hard to justify visiting. On the other hand, if the mountains got taller but the flatter areas between them stayed flatter, then that could be cool. A towering mountain on every horizon, with a viable route if you pick your way between them could work :)

Ike... it's mostly the dark 'seas' tbh. Where the probe landed above was ok, but the dark bits are very dark indeed. The crew shot is with ambient light turned up to 50%. If you want it like that for a challenge, fair enough, but it does make landing by eye a bit more hazardous. I wouldn't have wanted to do that without KER's altimeter above terrain ^^;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.