Unplayable because there is no option to adjust screen size.

I spend $40 on this game and it's unplayable. I cant access any buttons on the side of the screen and cant read anything on the top or buttom. And there is no option to adjust the screen size in the settings. How can they miss a feature SO simple? I'm playing on xbox one.

Just now, SeaCucumber24 said:

I spend $40 on this game and it's unplayable. I cant access any buttons on the side of the screen and cant read anything on the top or buttom. And there is no option to adjust the screen size in the settings. How can they miss a feature SO simple? I'm playing on xbox one.

What screen are you playing on?

Guy I am watching on twitch says he cant read the Space Center button on the top of the screen because its half cut off, yet the stream shows it floating a half inch below the edge of the screen, with daylight showing in between.   Various streamers have different looking UI's with only a few looking correct.  

I ask them to adjust their UI scale, and they said it makes no difference.  

6 minutes ago, SeaCucumber24 said:

What do you mean? I'm playing on my tv what else would I be using?

Not everyone plays on a TV (even with a console), and TVs have different resolutions. 

I'm fairly sure there is a UI size slider in the settings, though it doesn't affect everything. Have you tried that?

Just now, SeaCucumber24 said:

What do you mean? I'm playing on my tv what else would I be using?

As RIC says there are a million types of screen you could play on these days. It could be an odd resolution PC monitor. Does your TV have screen adjust settings?

1 minute ago, Majorjim said:

As RIC says there are a million types of screen you could play on these days. It could be an odd resolution PC monitor. Does your TV have screen adjust settings?

Yeah and it's on the setting that shows the most of the screen, almost everygame I've ever played on xbox has screen adjustment settings except this one.

6 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Not everyone plays on a TV (even with a console), and TVs have different resolutions. 

I'm fairly sure there is a UI size slider in the settings, though it doesn't affect everything. Have you tried that?

Yeah it just makes what is visible of the UI cover more screen, I cant see anything I couldn't see before adjusting it.

43 minutes ago, SeaCucumber24 said:

Seaucumber, I had the same problem. There is an option on settings on the main screen to adjust your screen. I can't access my Xbox just now, but if I recall, the setting you need to change is called UI? It shows a percentage, and I changed mine to 96% and the screen shrunk to show the buttons around the screen

8 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Look at the name of the subforum you are posting in. :P 

Oh... I didn't notice that they made a subforum... that certainly helps! :D

5 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

If I had that problem I would check all tv settings in turn even if I thought they would have no effect then I would try game settings, again even obviously wrong ones.

I've tried all the settings on the tv and in game and nothings worked.

The really annoying thing is that the UI is way too big with no option to make is smaller. Specifically, the NAV Ball is way too big, it unnecessarily takes up too much of the screen and gets in the way when trying reach orbit. I have to twist the camera around into a silly position or collapse the nav ball so I can see the apotheosis. If I don't, I have to pull the camera out to a point where it is hard to see the text telling you the apotheosis data, my eyesight isn't that good and the font is really small. I kind of need both to make an efficient orbit because I like to regularly fine tune the angle the craft is going in to get the best/most circular orbit so I don't need to make a large corrective burn later on. 

Also, like others on this thread, the positioning and size of the different hud elements isn't particularly well done and tailored to a large TV screen. The controls hint menu is appalling, really hard to read. They could (ans should) have made more effort. 

Edited by sprocketdrivenrobot
to add extra context to a statement that i made

I was having the exact same issue.  I found a fix as Zoltar70 said above - go into the "Settings" section when at the start up screen.  Then adjust "UI Aspect Ratio" under "General Settings" - I changed mine to 96% as well, and it seems to show all of the controls on my TV screen now.

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It sounds like an overscan problem. You might be able to work around it with your TV's settings, a "1:1 mode" or "PC mode" might work better than the default.

This!

I guarantee you, that you have not checked your TV settings for the right Input setting. 

Unfortunately every TV has a different name for this. Overscan, PC mode, Console Mode, Game mode, 1:1 ... the list goes on. 

I would bet money that you played with a cropped picture for a long time without noticing it.

38 minutes ago, lCristol said:

This!

I guarantee you, that you have not checked your TV settings for the right Input setting. 

Unfortunately every TV has a different name for this. Overscan, PC mode, Console Mode, Game mode, 1:1 ... the list goes on. 

I would bet money that you played with a cropped picture for a long time without noticing it.

I have a sh*** RCA tv and the only options is has for screen size are normal, zoom, cinema, and wide. No overscan, pc mode, console mode, game mode or 1:1

8 hours ago, lCristol said:

This!

You might guarantee, but you'd have to pay up. A LOT (most) of cheap TVs don't have this functionality. This is exactly why, as OP says, almost every Xbox game has a setting (it's usually forced) where you set the edges of your screen. If it wasn't necessary, it wouldn't be in like 99% of games.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.