Unplayable because there is no option to adjust screen size.

12 hours ago, SeaCucumber24 said:

I have a sh*** RCA tv and the only options is has for screen size are normal, zoom, cinema, and wide. No overscan, pc mode, console mode, game mode or 1:1

"normal" or "wide" should do what u are looking for

PS4 playing on a 56" TV. I tried sliding the UI control, but it only had a tiny fraction left to work with. So, it didnt make a noticable difference when I moved it. My setup is playable, but about half of the buttons are off-screen that are on the edge of the UI. I checked my TV for settings. Couldnt find any for resolution. Must be automatic. Its only a few years old. 1080p capable. 

37 minutes ago, SqOne01 said:

PS4 playing on a 56" TV. I tried sliding the UI control, but it only had a tiny fraction left to work with. So, it didnt make a noticable difference when I moved it. My setup is playable, but about half of the buttons are off-screen that are on the edge of the UI. I checked my TV for settings. Couldnt find any for resolution. Must be automatic. Its only a few years old. 1080p capable. 

Theres 2 UI sliders, one of them just makes the UI take up more or less of the visible screen. The other one shrinks or enlarges the screen. For some stupid reason once you go to the main menu you have to hit back and then your at the actual main menu and its in the settings tab their. Thats how I solved it.

EDIT:

THE FIX for PS4 and TV display Users: I had this same issue and after much poking around on game settings (UI slider), and looking for TV settings (didnt help), I found a setting in the PS4 settings that I never have had to use before. You can do this while in-game to get it just right by hitting the PS button while in the game and going to the PS4 SETTINGS/SOUND  AND SCREEN/DISPLAY AREA. Adjust as required and reenter the game. Works perfectly now.

Edited by SqOne01

FIX FOR PS4: Go to the PS4 settings; Go to Screen and Sound Settings, Go to Screen Size (or something close to that) and adjust. 

Ive never had to use that setting on any game before. But it works perfectly. Changing TV screen settings or UI settings had no effect. 

Edited by SqOne01

On 16.7.2016 at 0:24 AM, SeaCucumber24 said:

I have a sh*** RCA tv and the only options is has for screen size are normal, zoom, cinema, and wide. No overscan, pc mode, console mode, game mode or 1:1

What you're listing are the display options. ... to display signals. You need to find input settings, to handle the video signals. Maybe in a different menu. 

But sure, some TV's just don't give you these options. 

Shame ... shame ... shame ... 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/15/2016 at 12:54 PM, SeaCucumber24 said:

I've tried all the settings on the tv and in game and nothings worked.

Your TV might have some different modes, ie: theatre, letterbox, widescreen, regular under view in the menu.

Without launching the game, the console itself has some screen setting adjustment in the settings tabs you might have to squeeze it in a bit, I had to do this for my PS4. Try leaving a bit of gap all the way around the screen, then launch the game.

In game, the UI settings mainly changes the size of the Nav ball. I haven't heard of a fix if you are having trouble reading the  apoapsis and periapsis numbers, other than sitting close.

• 6 months later...

Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your screen. At higher resolutions, such as 1600 x 1200 pixels, items appear sharper. They also appear smaller so more items can fit on the screen. At lower resolutions, such as 800 x 600 pixels, fewer items fit on the screen, but they appear larger. 

The resolution you can use depends on the resolutions your monitor supports. CRT monitors generally display a resolution of 800 × 600 or 1024 × 768 pixels and can work well at different resolutions. LCD monitors, also called flat-panel displays, and laptop screens often support higher resolutions and work best at a specific resolution. 

The larger the monitor, usually the higher the resolution it supports. Whether you can increase your screen resolution depends on the size and capability of your monitor and the type of video card you have. 

To change your screen resolution

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button 
    The Start button
    , clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution. 
  2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.
  3. Click Keep to use the new resolution, or click Revert to go back to the previous resolution.

Native resolution

LCD monitors, including laptop screens, typically run best at their native resolution. You don't have to set your monitor to run at this resolution, but it's usually recommended in order to ensure you see the sharpest text and images possible. LCD monitors generally come in two shapes: a standard proportion of width to height of 4:3, or a widescreen ratio of 16:9 or 16:10. A widescreen monitor has both a wider shape and resolution than a standard ratio monitor.

If you're unsure of your monitor's native resolution, check the product manual or go to the manufacturer's website. Here are typical resolutions for some popular screen sizes: 

• 19-inch screen (standard ratio): 1280 x 1024 pixels
  • 20-inch screen (standard ratio): 1600 x 1200 pixels
  • 22-inch screen (widescreen): 1680 x 1050 pixels
  • 24-inch screen (widescreen): 1900 x 1200 pixels

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.