Corrupted Saves When PS4 Crashes at Load Screens

Im having problems when the PS4 Version Crashes and when KSP crashes at loading screens 9/10 times I faced corrected Save file when restarting the game. This has caused me to play in sandbox mode only until squad fix this bug and I posted this to raise awarness that we are getting corrupted saves when the game crashes.

Heres a reddit post from a subreddit called r/consoleksp

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConsoleKSP/comments/4t0am5/how_long_until_the_corruption_bug_is_fixed/

Edited by Oblivifrek

3 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Console versions are very new so chances are no one knows what is going on at that point, or at least how to fix it.

You can help by posting a bug report on the Squad Bugtracker, which will hopefully be seen and taken care of.

Other than that, good luck.

Thanks I've filed a issue with squad the issue number is #10108

Edited by Oblivifrek
Spelling Mistake

This is happening for me continuously now. Any time I save and exit, my game is corrupt when I load it again. This is regardless of whether I exit normally or crash, I can't save my progress anymore on PS4. I am extremely dissatisfied.

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

8 hours ago, Lord Maim said:

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

Spread the word mate. Far and wide.

I am on the side of the consumer, the player always. This issue is such BS, tell everyone who has this issue, get them their hard earned money back.

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Spread the word mate. Far and wide.

I am on the side of the consumer, the player always. This issue is such BS, tell everyone who has this issue, get them their hard earned money back.

At least until the issue is corrected, at which point I'll buy it again. I just don't have the confidence to wait without taking precautions.

9 hours ago, Lord Maim said:

At least until the issue is corrected, at which point I'll buy it again. I just don't have the confidence to wait without taking precautions.

Agreed, the game is worth it but with the fact you can't even save, nope. Money back time.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I got some feedback from Sony about this.

Read it here.

Evidently you can create a copy of your save files to an external USB device, or to the cloud if you're a PS Plus member. Of course, this doesn't resolve the issue,  but maybe it's a temporary fix until the update comes out. Does anyone know if this works?

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 11:04 AM, Invaderdave said:

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I got some feedback from Sony about this.

Read it here.

Evidently you can create a copy of your save files to an external USB device, or to the cloud if you're a PS Plus member. Of course, this doesn't resolve the issue,  but maybe it's a temporary fix until the update comes out. Does anyone know if this works?

Yes it does.  Please see my post below.  Just be careful to not overwrite your USB save with a corrupted version of the save.  I suggest periodically backing up the flash drive to a PC or other storage device, or using multiple flash drives.

8 hours ago, Justin_Kerbal said:

Yes it does.  Please see my post below.  Just be careful to not overwrite your USB save with a corrupted version of the save.  I suggest periodically backing up the flash drive to a PC or other storage device, or using multiple flash drives.

I've had limited success with this method. It worked for about 8 - 10 hours until I inadvertently backed up a corrupted game which also got auto uploaded and over-wrote the earlier, working save in the cloud. It would seem that there is no way to determine whether any given instance of the game is corrupted or not before backing it up. I was hopeful that this would be an acceptable work around, but it is just adding more frustration and making me hate a game that I truly love. 

17 hours ago, Invaderdave said:

I've had limited success with this method. It worked for about 8 - 10 hours until I inadvertently backed up a corrupted game which also got auto uploaded and over-wrote the earlier, working save in the cloud. It would seem that there is no way to determine whether any given instance of the game is corrupted or not before backing it up. I was hopeful that this would be an acceptable work around, but it is just adding more frustration and making me hate a game that I truly love. 

In my experience, corruption tends to happen shortly after I complete a flight and return to the space center.  The game seems to save when returning to the space center, so my theory is that it's at that point the system identifies the save as corrupted and you get that dreaded 'corrupt data' error.  So what I tend to do when I'm done playing is return from a flight, then go and clean up ship debri.  I give the game a couple of minutes to see if I'll get the error.  I then close the game, and I update my save on the thumb drive before I boot the game up the next time.

I remember one instance where I saved a corrupted save - I had just returned from my first trip to and from Minmus, so I hurried and overwrote the old save as soon as I recovered my ship.  Big mistake.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.