[1.1.3] [WIP] Starfox Lylat System (v0.8.1)

rough93

Ej2jDvb.png

Last updated 7 August 2016 - v.0.8.1 for KSP 1.1.3

The Lylat Planet Pack adds in all core planets of the Lylat system from the Starfox game series, it includes

• 12 planets
  • 2 suns
  • Custom Biomes
  • DOE, Planetshine, and ResearchBodies compatibility
  • Science opportunities!
  • Nostalgia

This pack is Kopernicus dependent! Download the latest version of Kopernicus here!(Github)

The screenshots have disappeared! Maybe an effect of the forum break. Never Fear though! While I work on getting them back here, you can still view the album here

A few shots while you wait:

Spoiler

q7TsQIF.jpg

Eladard

Katina

System overview

Solar

Download from SpaceDock!

Download from Github!

Source Code

License: GPL

To-do:

• Custom Science Definitions
  • Adjust variance between tracking station and surface views
  • EVE support

Upcoming Update:

• Science definitions
  • Resource compatibility
  • Adjust variance between tracking station and surface views
  • EVE support?

Extra awesome points to @The White Guardian for support with contents of this mod

Changelog:

Spoiler

0.8.1 (August 7 2016)

• Patch for system non-population

0.8.0 (July 31 2016)

• Optimization and compatibility patches for Distant Object Enhancement, Planet Shine, Remote Tech, Antennas, and Research Bodies
  • Re-textured Fichina
  • Custom Biomes

0.1.1 (July 17 2016)

• Update for power curve, Sphere of Influence patch

0.1 (July 15 2016)

• Initial release

Review:

Spoiler

Edited by rough93

12 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

no pics...

no clicks. Sorry.

1 hour ago, VaPaL said:

Now do a barrel row! :P 

Eagerly waiting for the pictures! Will have an install to role play StarFox :D

@AdmiralTigerclaw don't forget the 64 soundtrack:

Pictures are up!

5 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

Now all we need is the music mod working again, and you can make the tracking station view play this.

That would be awesome, I'll have to take a look for it.

On 7/17/2016 at 11:04 AM, Rushiil said:

Are you working on EVE support? Compatibility and use with the latest EVE version will make this mod really beautiful.

It is definitely something I want to take a look at.

26 minutes ago, StevieC said:

Can you please edit the imgur album to include the name of each planet/star with its picture?

I've updated the album to include the names, however it doesn't seem to be showing on this page, feel free to click on the album to view the images on Imgur, where the titles will be present. If you have any idea how to make them show on here that would be helpful.

1 minute ago, VaPaL said:

@rough93 Try deleting and pasting the link again. Maybe save the OP before pasting again.

I wish there was a mod for the Arwing :(

When I finish my mod (not in a near future unfortunately), I may make it :P 

I made an arwing with a combination of stock parts, B9 Procedural wings, Kerbal Foundry antigravs, and KSP Interstellar Fusion Reactor + Nuclear Turbojet.

As cool as the arwing looks, the flight characteristics of the wing position are a nightmare and the control surfaces are too small.  It does not like to retain controlled flight at anything less than 300 knots, has the turning radius of a rocket-propelled school bus, and I could never land because I couldn't think of a good way to land something on antigravs when touchdown speed is 300 knots (No gear > no wheels > no brakes).

Holy-, was it fast though.

Awesome I always knew somebody was going to do the impossible. 

Starfox is honestly my all time favorite Sci-Fi shooter and I have played shooters from Galaga to Tyrian.

I cannot wait to make my Kerbals do a barrel roll. :cool:

6 hours ago, darkmensale said:

Latest update broke mod for me. I can only see Sauria, Venom, Eladard and both suns, tried removing those new configs for other mods but it didnt help.

Hmm. Anything in your debug menu? I'll take look once my ISP fixes my internet tomorrow. In the meantime I would revert to the old 0.1.1 release, you should be able to get that through Spacedock under "Changelog".

7 hours ago, rough93 said:

Hmm. Anything in your debug menu? I'll take look once my ISP fixes my internet tomorrow. In the meantime I would revert to the old 0.1.1 release, you should be able to get that through Spacedock under "Changelog".

Didnt see any errors. Btw everything is back with 0.1.1

@rough93 I tested your mod yesterday while making a replica of KIC 7848638 b, and it is pretty broken. The stars' rims are not right and only one planet shows up around Lylat (the hot Jupiter planets around Solar are fine). I tried to fix the star's lighting with Kittopia Tech, but no use. Then again, I was in KSP 1.1.3, and Kittopia isn't even supposed to work for that version. I'll dive into the config files later on.

On 8/4/2016 at 4:01 AM, darkmensale said:

Didnt see any errors. Btw everything is back with 0.1.1

On 8/5/2016 at 9:18 AM, ProtoJeb21 said:

@rough93 I tested your mod yesterday while making a replica of KIC 7848638 b, and it is pretty broken. The stars' rims are not right and only one planet shows up around Lylat (the hot Jupiter planets around Solar are fine). I tried to fix the star's lighting with Kittopia Tech, but no use. Then again, I was in KSP 1.1.3, and Kittopia isn't even supposed to work for that version. I'll dive into the config files later on.

okay, I've rechecked everything is level with the develop and altered a couple of files, I've released a patch (0.8.1) for the mod to fix the system population. This works for me but let me know if you continue to encounter errors

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.