[1.1.3] KSP Craft Organizer (VAB/SPH tags + craft searching)

Ker_nale

This is development topic that should be considered as closed now. Please got to this thread to see release thread.

What is it?

Plugin that allows to search crafts in VAB/SPH by name or by tag.

Here is an imgur gallery that should explain everything:

(direct link to imgur because galleries sometimes do not work properly on forum)

Download:

Source code: https://github.com/grzegrzk/ksp-craft-organizer

How to install: unzip downloaded archive and put it in "Kerbal Space Program/GameData" folder.

Current version

Current version: 1.0. Changes:

•  Fix: list of crafts is not refreshed when craft is deleted
  •  Fix "unsaved changes" dialog displayed when user has unmodified new craft
  •  Fix bug with wrongly displayed tags in scenario: go to VAB -> open craft -> rename -> save -> assign new tags -> launch -> recover vessel -> go to VAB -> click "tags"
  •  Fix bug with image sometimes displayed outside tooltip

It was compiled with KSP version 1.1.3.

All changes:

Spoiler

•  Fix bug with wrongly displayed tags in scenario: go to VAB -> open craft -> rename -> save -> assign new tags -> launch -> recover vessel -> go to VAB -> click "tags"

• Corrected NRE when plugin is used for first time

• Changed the way how filtering works. If user selects many tags in single group then there are displayed crafts that have ANY tag. Previously craft had to have ALL selected tags. When user selects tags from different groups then old behaviour remains.
  • Corrected bug with not saved tags when player uses "Go To" mod
  • Selected filters are remembered separately for VAB crafts in VAB, SPH crafts in VAB, VAB crafts in SPH and SPH crafts in SPH

The first public release

I hope you will enjoy it :).

Edited by Ker_nale
Added information about new version

I am glad that you liked it :).

19 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

This is something I've been looking for for a long while! What's the possibility of adding a folder structure?

The folder structure was my first idea - as you can see even the tags names are hierarchical :). Later I realized that tags could be more convenient . You can look at it as if you could put one ship in many folders simultaneously :).

Awesome!  I've been waiting for craft history but the author of that mod has been MIA for a while and I refuse to play a career game of KSP without it.  Soooo, along comes this wonderful thing.  Thanks heaps mate, this kind of thing is sorely needed in the game.

As they say in Polish "Zajebiste!"

On 18.07.2016 at 0:35 PM, Maars said:

As they say in Polish "Zajebiste!"

Ha ha, thanks :).

I have published new version of the plugin. Changes:

• Changed the way how filtering works. If user selects many tags in single group then there are displayed crafts that have ANY tag. Previously craft had to have ALL selected tags. When user selects tags from different groups then old behaviour remains.
  • Corrected bug with not saved tags when player uses "Go To" mod
  • Selected filters are remembered separately for VAB crafts in VAB/SPH crafts in VAB/VAB crafts in SPH/SPH crafts in SPH

As previously you can download it from github: https://github.com/grzegrzk/ksp-craft-organizer/releases

On 23.07.2016 at 3:45 PM, *MajorTom* said:

NRE

not add tags/load crafts

https://yadi.sk/d/g0PzZnYhtZVe7 output logs file for "clean ksp" - only this mod

Sorry for that, there was a bug (probably introduced in 0.2) when you started the plugin for first time. From now on I will try to test it on fresh profiles :).

It should be corrected in new version (0.2.1): https://github.com/grzegrzk/ksp-craft-organizer/releases

This is really slick!

Maybe a way to collapse and expand the tags (like a tree view), because I know I'll make a ton of them and a better way to organize them would be nice.

Also, you can currently get an expanded view of the craft when you mouse over the title of the craft, but not when you mouse over the image. Seemed a bit odd to me (I would have thought it'd be the other way around).

Very nice work.

Cheers.

On 25.07.2016 at 3:28 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Any chance to get this in CKAN?  Let me know if you need help with that, I'd be happy to help

I am planning to put it on curse and CKAN when I release 1.0 version. I do not know yet what are the details of this process so if you know some quick tutorial you can share it here :).

On 25.07.2016 at 7:53 AM, Deimos Rast said:

This is really slick!

Maybe a way to collapse and expand the tags (like a tree view), because I know I'll make a ton of them and a better way to organize them would be nice.

Also, you can currently get an expanded view of the craft when you mouse over the title of the craft, but not when you mouse over the image. Seemed a bit odd to me (I would have thought it'd be the other way around).

Very nice work.

Cheers.

Collapsing tags - good idea. I will think about it.

Mouse over title - my original idea was to display description in tooltip and most natural place was mouse over title. But now I assume most people will use the tooltips not for descriptions but for thumbnails so it maybe good idea to add the tooltip to image as well :).

I am glad that you liked it :).

I always wanted to keep the mission designs just for historical purposes, but the clutter was unbareable. Now I can! Thanks a lot.

If you choose to upload it on Spacedock, then CKAN is only a checkbox away: enable 'publish on CKAN' and a new pull request for CKAN github archive is generated automatically. Then some of the good CKAN guys will come and do a summary evaluation of incompatibilities or license issues. That usually goes smooth as silk and the pull request is accepted in a few hours / a day.

1 hour ago, Ker_nale said:

I am planning to put it on curse and CKAN when I release 1.0 version. I do not know yet what are the details of this process so if you know some quick tutorial you can share it here :).

Well, I don't know Curse, I use Spacedock & Github.

Re. CKAN, it's a matter of writing a simple file (which is JSON), defining it.  You can read the specs here: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/master/Spec.md

or you could ask someone (like me :D   ) to write it for you.

I would strongly suggest you use the AVC version files (http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/), makes it much easier for CKAN to see new versions

4 hours ago, ShotgunNinja said:

I always wanted to keep the mission designs just for historical purposes, but the clutter was unbareable. Now I can! Thanks a lot.

If you choose to upload it on Spacedock, then CKAN is only a checkbox away: enable 'publish on CKAN' and a new pull request for CKAN github archive is generated automatically. Then some of the good CKAN guys will come and do a summary evaluation of incompatibilities or license issues. That usually goes smooth as silk and the pull request is accepted in a few hours / a day.

Sorry, while the checkbox is there. most mods won't get a good netkan file.  I've been helping out with that, correcting many of the bad netkan files so they can be used.

If I do see it generated by Spacedock and it's broken, I'll just go and fix it.  And I can say right now, after looking at the zip file, that Spacedock will not be able to create a good file.

Among other problems, you should put everything into a folder called KSPCraftOrganizer inside the zip file.  Many people do the following when creating their zip:

Folder structure inside zip:

GameData/ModName
GameData/ModName/Plugins
GameData/ModName/icons
GameData/ModName/LICENSE.txt
GameData/ModName/ModName.version (from the KSP-AVC web site, very useful)
GameData/ModName/MiniAVC.dll (from the KSP-AVC web site)

This way if you would, for example, want to include some sample ships, you could have those in the root:

Ships/VAB/shipname.craft

This is a small amount of extra work, but the benefits far outweigh the minimal work.  And using the AVC version file makes it possible to have CKAN automatically know when new versions are published.

On 7/24/2016 at 9:28 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Any chance to get this in CKAN?  Let me know if you need help with that, I'd be happy to help

Bump (only time I'll bump this)

Actually, if you load it onto Spacedock, it can get added automatically.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I have published new version - 1.0. I hope that now I have removed most bugs and it can be generally accessible.

Changes:

Spoiler

I have added the plugin to spacedock: Download from spacedock

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Bump (only time I'll bump this)

Actually, if you load it onto Spacedock, it can get added automatically.

I have created a push request on CKAN project. If there are no errors and people from CKAN accept it the plugin should be available there :). Push request: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/4466

Also, if this is possible I would like to move this topic to "Add-on Releases" forum. I do not think there is any point in creating new topic there. Can some administrator do it?

16 minutes ago, Ker_nale said:

I have published new version - 1.0. I hope that now I have removed most bugs and it can be generally accessible.

Changes:

Reveal hidden contents

I have added the plugin to spacedock: Download from spacedock

I have created a push request on CKAN project. If there are no errors and people from CKAN accept it the plugin should be available there :). Push request: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/4466

Also, if this is possible I would like to move this topic to "Add-on Releases" forum. I do not think there is any point in creating new topic there. Can some administrator do it?

Great, thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.