PS4, Crashes, Freezing and Corrupting Save Files!

The game unfortunately does not meet a quality that we deem to be " playable " in Ps4 , at this very moment I was finishing the construction of a giant space station on the moon 's orbit , however, to return to my planet and land on the water , I asked my ship was recovered and then ... the game crashed and when reopen discovered that my savegame has been corrupted and now I can not access it , even the control settings back to default state, simplifying my game back full stake ZERO !

The game is not stable, FPS drops constantly, crashes are routine and now I'm afraid to start another game and even be corrupted, then I will uninstall the game by the time next updates arrive.

The corrupted save file doesn't make me want to continue either. I was 20 hours in playing on science mode. Went to recover my ship and the game crashed corrupting the save file, the same as you. 

I really like the game, but it's unplayable at the moment if I'm constantly worrying about losing my save. 

Several bug reports have already been created on the official KSP bugtracker to address the save corruption issue (10111 and 10108) adding some precise information to these might be helpful in determining the cause of the bug and solve it.

About the other crashes (non corrupting ones) they are frequent on PC too and I'm afraid you will just have to live with them as they are part of the game (always been there, will always be there).

For the FPS, this was feared by a good part of PC players when the console ports were announced. KSP heavily relies on single-thread CPU performance, and even if there were some major performance improvements with 1.1, the PS4's 8 1.6GHz cores will never be enough to equal PC performance with heavy part counts, no matter how good the port is (lol).
On the other hand, FPS drops should not occur if the game is globally fluid and you might want to fill in a bug report for that.

We'd love to help more, but unfortunately no one knows how the PS4 port works (except Squad/Flying Tiger) and therefore how to fix these issues, so filling in bug reports is the best you can do for now to get a chance to see these issues fixed.

2 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Several bug reports have already been created on the official KSP bugtracker to address the save corruption issue (10111 and 10108) adding some precise information to these might be helpful in determining the cause of the bug and solve it.

About the other crashes (non corrupting ones) they are frequent on PC too and I'm afraid you will just have to live with them as they are part of the game (always been there, will always be there).

For the FPS, this was feared by a good part of PC players when the console ports were announced. KSP heavily relies on single-thread CPU performance, and even if there were some major performance improvements with 1.1, the PS4's 8 1.6GHz cores will never be enough to equal PC performance with heavy part counts, no matter how good the port is (lol).
On the other hand, FPS drops should not occur if the game is globally fluid and you might want to fill in a bug report for that.

We'd love to help more, but unfortunately no one knows how the PS4 port works (except Squad/Flying Tiger) and therefore how to fix these issues, so filling in bug reports is the best you can do for now to get a chance to see these issues fixed.

You're right, i was thinking they fixed the major bugs to the launch in consoles, but now we need to give time and i want to play this delicious piece of gold without crashes ou corruption ;-;

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

On 20/07/2016 at 1:13 PM, Lord Maim said:

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

Unfortunately, i'm brazzilian and this phone number wont work here, i'm gonna find a way to refund my purchase and wait for a new oportunity.

• 1 month later...

I have KSP on the PS4 and my data has corrupted twice. I think i have found a way around it. When the game freezes i turn off into rest mode and when i turn it back on i am right back where i left off with it unfrozen. Tell me if this does or does not work for you. If it works for you please tell other people.

Edited by zackattack0517

• 3 weeks later...

I've managed to solve the problem of the freezing and de corrupt data (sort of).

I figured that the main problem is the ammount of saves that you create. If you keep just one save and none quicksaving the freezing almost never occour.

You can also use 2 usp drive as "memory cards" and salve you progrees.

I know that isn't a definitive solution and that flying tiger need to send a patch to correct that problem but if you already bought the game and is in the urge to play this may help.

now I have 6 flyghts in progress in the sandbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.