This Day in Spaceflight History

I dont know if you hate the Soviets, or July was just not the time for soviet rockets. Because the thing you said about the Luna 15 is pretty negative to Ruskiland.

1 minute ago, The Raging Sandwich said:

What does everyone think I should do when we finally reach next year's Apollo 11 anniversary (when I started this thread)? Should I do the whole thing over or start something new?

Just thinkin' ahead! :)

Did anything happen on July 20, 2016?

Half a fleet is waiting for an american capsule plunging in the water. In russia it's just a helicopter and two policemen looking for something to bring home for the children :D

Edited by Green Baron

On July 31, 1969, Mariner 6 did a flyby of Mars. Another Mariner probe would flyby just 4 days later.

mar6crat.gif

On July 31, 1980, Soyuz 36 landed back to Earth.

soyuz-landing-expedition-36-1024.jpg?int                 <--- Don't even ask me how that picture was taken!

On July 31, 1992, STS-46 launched from Cape Canaveral.

sts-46-launch.jpg

On July 31, 1999, the Lunar Prospector crashed into the Moon after its mission had ended.

prospector.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.