[STOCK] Kerbin Aeronautics MKIII Autogyro

Probably a good idea to use KJR for this, as the propeller blades have a tendency to cause a critical existence failure if they collide.

Retrofitted to fly without KJR, but a smaller version which requires KJR is available as well.

Presenting the new, affordable, and actually controllable helicopter for the whole family! The AutoGyro MKIII is designed for short-distance excursions to nearby dictatorships scenic spots. It isn't a VTOL due to the finicky nature of controlling those (and a fair measure of laziness), but it is a STOL, requiring only to attain a forwards velocity of 25/35 m/s

to take off (Depending on fuel load). With a triple control scheme, you can fine tune each individual engine to your heart's desire.

In case you're dozing off, here are some images to keep you here:

nHNsNzj.png

aEM9O1s.png

Specifications:

Weight: 28(?) metric tons wet mass

260 parts, made for KSP 1.1.2 64-bit

26 meters long, 47 meters wide.

Top speed of 45 to 65 m/s depending on cargo weight

Propulsion: 2x Workaround Industries M-ML MKII engine

Get yours today!

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/AutoGyro-NO-KJR (WIP)

https://kerbalx.com/WorkaroundIndustries/AutoGyro (Use KJR for best results)

Edited by The Optimist

Ayyye! Awesome! More stock spinning contraptions. The forum can simply not get enough. Do you by chance have any means to record a simple video? just screenshots never do these things justice because they don't capture the whole spiny thing.

Also I wouldn't recommend using KJR because it severely augments the friction between parts that often actually keeps stock bearings from spinning. If you require KJR that means anyone using stock engines without KJR will not be able to use it because there is a huge difference in rotor performance between the two. 

Also if you want you can copy the design of the bearings of my chinook replica if you want. I can also record a short video of this in flight for you to put on this forum post if you need. 

Edited by Jon144

46 minutes ago, Jon144 said:

Why would you use KJR? Bearings that work in KJR will not work in Stock KSP and vice versa. 

They do work in stock ksp. The monopropellant bearing is actually pretty versatile.

Edited by The Optimist

Coolio glad people can still make stock helicopters, especially after what happened to the wheel bearings :) 

TBH i have been away from KSP for a while now, partly because of what happened to the bearings.. however this is just an example of a non-wheel bearing to get me moving again! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.