Best. Wife. Ever.

Jimbo Jangles

Omg, I've been struggling to keep KSP alive on a old Dell Intel pentium dual core with 4 gb ram and 256mb vram in an on board gpu. Today my wife says out of the blue, "how would you like a new computer for that space game you play?"

2 hours later she orders me brand new CyberPowerPC Gamer Extreme VR: Intel I7-6700 3.4ghz quad core, 16gb ram, 2tb hdd, and the kicker: nvidia gtx 1070 8gb with room for a 2nd gpu if I want one.

I always say my wife is the greatest woman in the galaxy, now I have proof!

I could cry... that's so nice! Wish I had a wife who bought me computers...

Wait, what am I saying. Hot coffee and bacon butties for breakfast on the weekends AND she joins in my 40kRP nights, all while carrying my firstborn? I've got a hot contender for the title. (That's right, smokin' hot.)

1 hour ago, Otis said:

Yeah, now, get out there and fix the car, patch the driveway, mow the yard, take out the trash, get a better job, .......

Doing these things already got me the new pc methinks. 

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

Did she use YOUR credit card? :D  

Actually, when we were still dating I started giving her all my money to hold on to, I'm terrible with impulse shopping. So I couldn't say where the money came from, it's magic!

18 minutes ago, specialopsdave said:

Well... There's your anniversary gift for the next twenty years. :D

She did day I wouldn't get another computer for at least a decade, so you're pretty close there.

9 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

she joins in my 40kRP nights

'Nuff said. Your wife rocks!

Well KSP playing men obviously attract awesome wives :cool:

I think my wife 'lets' me play KSP more so she can watch what she wants on the telly rather than putting up with me watching action movies though. 

3 minutes ago, pandaman said:

I think my wife 'lets' me play KSP more so she can watch what she wants on the telly rather than putting up with me watching action movies though. 

Why do I feel like I know that feeling so much although I'm just a single 18 years old? lol

In my previous experience with women, she's buttering you up for something awful later on.
the last time my ex-fiance bought me a new car, then confessed she cheated on me with her sister's boyfriend.
it's great that you got a new computer on the way, but keep your guard up and assume the crash position.

31 minutes ago, Xyphos said:

In my previous experience with women, she's buttering you up for something awful later on.
the last time my ex-fiance bought me a new car, then confessed she cheated on me with her sister's boyfriend.
it's great that you got a new computer on the way, but keep your guard up and assume the crash position.

Way to kill a good vibe. :P

@Jimbo Jangles Is she aware that she won't ever see you again? :) 

1 hour ago, Robotengineer said:

@Jimbo Jangles Is she aware that she won't ever see you again? :) 

Lols, she's too busy playing Pokemon Go right now to notice. 

2 minutes ago, specialopsdave said:

Maybe she's buttering you up so YOU'LL butter HER up! Mutual relationships, anyone? :D

Actually, we just bought a new 60" Samsung TV about a week ago, so maybe she thought she owed me one. She watches way more TV than I do. 

If you were intending some other subtle message, I am quite the cunning linguist, she will get plenty of buttering up. :sticktongue:

"I am turning on a soft, gentle music and begin a slow dance..."
"I am switching on my PC and slowly, slowly starting my KSP..."
"Slowly? But we just have bought a new i7 for you!.."
"Oh, yeaahh... I have 85 mods on it..."

"I've been struggling to keep KSP alive on a old Dell Intel pentium dual core with 4 gb ram and 256mb vram in an on board gpu.

CyberPowerPC Gamer Extreme VR: Intel I7-6700 3.4ghz quad core, 16gb ram, 2tb hdd, and the kicker: nvidia gtx 1070 8gb with room for a 2nd gpu if I want one."

I was in the same situation as you: a laptop with a dual core processor from 2009 (2.53 Ghz though)m 4 GB ram, nvidia 9400 with 256mb vram. My GF had suggested I get a new computer, and showed me some adds for sales. I then started looking a laptop with specs similar to your specs... I was looking at one with a 1TB SSD, the i7-6700 like you, a nvidia 950? 970? with 2 or 3 Gb of ram... but it rather expensive, a large 17" screen (a bit too big for my purposes, as I also want to use it for professional stuff, and my old laptop is starting to have failures in the speakers, trackpad, keyboard power adpator, etc).

I ended up taking a 15" that was also on sale for much cheaper. i7-6500U dual core, 16 Gb ram, nvidia 920M with 2GB, 1 TB standard hard drive... it still plays KSP much much much much better than before, and I finally was able to install the graphics mods that I wanted.

I'd like your specs.... but maybe later in desk top form.

With those specs, you must install EVE and scatterer... my lower specs run them just fine:

WETCcFb.png

mSm50SO.png

TK53LQR.png

cpJE74B.png

EN8OFcT.png

smfdu76.png

8onfRCA.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.