The Sulfuric Marble

HoloYolo

The volcanoes rumble. The radiation strikes the surface. The Great Red Spot is almost directly overhead. There is a constant rain of sulfur and other materials from the sky. In the distance, Europa drifts slowly along with it in the resonance. That place, is Io. Io is the main objective of this mission report. The main goal is to land (and hopefully return) a kerbal to Earth. From there, an outpost will be made to help any missions to Jupiter. Io will be a great place to explore. 

img]img]vnQMwQg.jpg

Day 1: Within our Grasp

Although seeing Io at least from afar did not happen, this mission proved that Jupiter is within our grasp. We can get there, but can we get to Io?

The only reason for not seeing Io was solar power. I now know the true power of RTGs. Hopefully tomorrow, we can see the plumes over the surface. But of course, failures are expected. It will be a while before a kerbal can walk on Io, and a base is set up. I don't have time to add titles or descriptions to the pictures. Let us hope for a better tomorrow.

Day 2: Io See you!

We saw Io! Although it was from very far away. 

After harnessing the true power (lol) of RTGs, the probe kept functioning long into the flight. After the transfer burn, the probe drifted along the void. Io was only a yellow dot on the cameras, but it won't be next mission. Hopefully. Jupiter looks cool too. The modified Jupiter rocket, modeled after the 2nd version, does not fuel. A new rocket must be designed to at least orbit Io.

Tomorrow or the next day, my friends. 

Edited by HoloYolo
Spacing fixes and stuff.

14 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

Yeah, and I have no idea why. It's imgur. I used the insert other media one. Hoping I can find out the issue.

I use BBCode (message boards & forums) when I use Imgur.  Try that.

2 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

No problem  :D

I look forward to this. You picked a really interesting, and nightmarish, place to explore. Good luck!  :cool:

I do too. It's going to be cool to drive on a volcano.

I definately enjoy mission reports where there is not to much fiction overplayed.

Thank you for this!

As a RO/RSS player I can appreciate the patience and planning required to basically get anywhere.

Well done so far!

Edited by Wallygator

7 hours ago, Vysionone said:

@HoloYolo

I love the Jupiter system! In fact, Io and Callisto are my favorite moons after Charon! Can Version 2 fly by Callisto?

It can if I tried hard enough, but this is focused around Io. Maybe I'll go to Callisto one day, as I'm a fan of the Jupiter system too.

7 hours ago, Wallygator said:

I definately enjoy mission reports where there is not to much fiction overplayed.

Thank you for this!

As a RO/RSS player I can appreciate the patience and planning required to basically get anywhere.

Well done so far!

Thanks! There's more to come. Since I'm playing stock (No RO, but RSS), this is going to be hard, but completing my main objective shouldn't be out of the question.