Kerbal Cities Pack

amankd

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, OPBlue said:

is this mod still alive, also i love the reference to scott manley lol

The spacedock link says it's updated for 1.5.1.  I recommend just trying it and see if it works.  I might just give it a shot when I get home.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, sorry for the radio silence, this mod is rather unique in that as long as KK is updated this can work, its just models and configs for KK rather tahn anything that really breaks, I havent been working on this at all but I have been playing with the Idea of trying to do something with it.

basically the issue is time to deploy. its not time efficient to fly out to every location I want a city, verify its suitability and place a city, I need to automate atleast some part of it. 

since ive been thinking of picking this thing back up ive been working on gathering some data. I exported some HUUGE resolution maps using sigma cartographer (10,000x5000 pixles) in colour, height and slope and then by combigning them produce a mask of suitable areas for cities to be placed. 

my plan is to produce a few scripts that can take in an image, that is this mask, randomly seed city locations over the "suitable areas" denoted in white. itll then need to look up on the height map the altitude value of that pixle or group of pixles and then calculate the latitude and logitude of each of the cities locations. and then the final feature Ill need is some script to compose all of this into a specific cities config file. going to be complex, although good news is Im a total data horder and still have the original unity project with all my cities work in them so if i need to modify origin locations or anything I can.

anyways this is probably going to be really really really hards so if anyone has any ideas for how to do this Im all ears but this is my goal, now... lets get researchin

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2021/9/26 at AM3點08分, amankd said:

嗨,伙計們,很抱歉無線電靜音,這個 mod 非常獨特,因為只要更新 KK,它就可以工作,它只是 KK 的模型和配置,而不是任何真正破壞的東西,我根本沒有研究過這個,但我一直在嘗試用它做點什麼。

基本上問題是部署時間。飛到我想要一個城市的每個地點,驗證它的適用性並放置一個城市是不省時的,我需要至少自動化其中的一部分。 

因為我一直在考慮把這東西拿回來,所以我一直在努力收集一些數據。我使用 sigma cartographer(10,000x5000 像素)在顏色、高度和坡度上導出了一些 HUUGE 分辨率地圖,然後通過組合它們生成適合城市放置區域的掩碼。 

我的計劃是製作一些可以接受圖像的腳本,也就是這個面具,在用白色表示的“合適區域”上隨機播種城市位置。然後它需要在高度圖上查找該像素或像素組的高度值,然後計算每個城市位置的緯度和經度。然後我需要的最後一個功能是一些腳本,將所有這些組合到一個特定的城市配置文件中。會變得很複雜,儘管好消息是我是一個完整的數據持有者,並且仍然擁有原始的統一項目,我所有的城市都在其中工作,所以如果我需要修改原點位置或任何我能做的事情。

無論如何,這可能真的很難,所以如果有人對如何做到這一點有任何想法,我會洗耳恭聽,但這是我的目標,現在......讓我們開始研究

just pass by.

I think coding them to automatically setting up statics still too hard, specifically the whohe Kerbin is endless hills from sea level to 800m alt.

of7QyWg.jpeg

(I said that because after hundred hours wheel driving, I don't think that is good choice to planting them without terrain editing **map decals of KK)

so this is what I'm thinking

F5u6xdW_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

(fanwork Interstate System, by Tex)

I1MphF2_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

(fanwork Cities on Kerbin, by cdpch2057)

trying located few positions, or even pair with night spots fromvisual pack,

design the base one by one.

only 10-20 statics and KK them like lego.

(Actually I'm doing this to "rebuild" the Kerbin-City, southwest KSC)

and by the way I can't find the road in KCP spackdock thumbnail.

Did you release it? if not, hope you can extend that too.8oDalPl.png

lYlp73E.png

There are some people want to drive more artificials

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.