Xbox one australia

Any idea how Australia got left out? 

My fellow kerbalnauts running Ps4 can purchase. 

Pc can purchase via steam. 

Mac through steam. 

Linux through steam. 

Xbox one not in Australia. 

I'm guessing that the kiwi's are in the same boat. 

Not that Australians have added anything to space exploration ever. ..... but i was waiting on release day. .... no media coverage. .... then ps4 gets kerbal. ...

Xbox due. .... issues but uk launch. ... us launch. ... Czech Republic gets kerbal. ... but not Australia! 

Really? 

Why not? 

Is it coming? 

When? 

Is there another way for me to get kerbal on my xbox one?

People in Europe are still waiting for the PS4 version.

Though it seems the reasons are different: while the European version delay seems to be caused by certification issues, the Australian Xbone seems not to be planned at all in the first place (not cited in the article quoted above).

Kerbal Space Program will be available for $39.99 or your regional equivalent in the XBox One store as a digital download at the Midnight of your locale (Pacific Time in the United States). The game will be available in [...]. We’re still looking into the possibility of releasing in more countries, though we still require age ratings and other administrative certifications to do so.

We’ve received a lot (a lot!) of questions about the European release for PlayStation 4 as well. Rest assured we’re working on this. The PlayStation is not one single instance, but is divided into three regions: America, Europe and Japan. For a game to release in a certain region it needs to be certified there, regardless of previous certifications. There are further regional differences, but it’s not within the scope of this message to dive into that. We’re working to get the certification to release in Europe, and we thank everyone who has patiently followed the news on this topic. We’ll get KSP to your console as soon as possible, and we'll keep you updated during this process.

I also remember that Australia has stricter video games restrictions than other countries. This may be enough to explain the absence of KSP there.

If it doesn't come out for Australia I will be so mad

i hope it come out over here soon . Iv been waiting for so long I haven't played it yet because I CBF trying to get pc games to work. Like I tried train sim on a expensive enough computer and even that didn't even work. No way kerbal space programe would work. So now I can play it on my Xbox but then find out  my country been left out I would be so mad

Edited by Dannymack69
Language

This is absolutely INSANE. I bought the PC version really early on and am so pleased with how this game has developed over the years. I was ready to buy it on both of my consoles to until I find out your 'world wide release' excludes Australia.

We are the 12th LARGEST ECONOMY in the world for goodness sake, there are a lot of people who will buy this!!!

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 at 0:20 AM, danowat said:

Why not just buy it from the UK or US Xbox (or PS4) store?, it's all region free, you just need to setup an account and buy prepaid giftcards.

Because i value the achievements attached to my account. 

And as Microsoft have started games bought on one platform ( xbox / pc ) buy one play on both. 

Weather or not this game is our will be one of those is beside the point. 

Buy xbox live store "credit" i have no problem with. I'm willing with my PayPal and credit card. 

If i had a ps4 i think it's just choose eu or us store. 

But xbox every country has their own store, fair enough. But once the game is submitted to Microsoft it should be their issue to deal with global marketing. 

But to miss Australia out of the list of what 64 countries?

Yes i could buy for pc via steam you may have thought that being as the game is already here and available on pc via steam and ps4 via psn then xbox ?

What no i missed that xbox?

3 hours ago, Ru1s said:

Because i value the achievements attached to my account. 

You do realise that once you've downloaded it on your machine, you can use your Aus account to play the game, earn achievements etc?

It performs exactly the same as it does if you'd have brought if from your locale marketplace.

• 1 month later...

The console version is virtually unplayable.  It's filled with bugs, and crashes/freezes every five min.  You're not missing much. I bought it when it came out, and 2 months later, still not one single patch. Every game I've had has turned corrupt and been erased. I can't have more than one satellite in orbit without freezing. Can't build a craft with more than 100 parts without locking up my ps4. If I were you, I'd play something else and forget about this game for at least 6 months... Check in here from time to time, see if anything has been changed, but so far, It appears that no one is really interested in getting a fix to the console any time soon. They even quit mentioning it in the dev notes. 

On ‎19‎.‎09‎.‎2016 at 9:35 PM, braydonf97 said:

Is it illegal to buy this game on the US store if I'm in Australia?

Nope, tho you can not use Visa/Mastercards/Paypal and so on, since they will tell you that you are in the wrong region. Xbox wont let you buy anything "over the boarder" anynmore it seems.

But what says that it would be illegal too have a Rich uncle from USA, that sends you X-Box giftcards on yer birthday :P:wink: 

So what i do, is buy a Prepaid Giftcard online, for the region i want too buy a game. Usualy US, as they get releases earlier then EU. (getting FIFA on 27. in US & the 29. in EU).

Also, I get my Cards from this site - http://www.pcgamesupply.com & I've gotten all my orders too date.

Be carefull tho, This game is broken as it sits now, & desperatly need a patch. Jusk keep that in mind, & maybe check the somewhat workarounds if you get stuck :wink:

Edited by DaCana

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.