Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

A picture from a few days ago: 

That's a very lovely view, where is that?

In other news, I got about 8-9 inches of snow dumped on me, which is a lot. And now about 85% of it has melted since this morning, and there is mud galore. Yay, Wyoming.

4 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

It was warm all weekend,  and it is 79F today. A little breezy too.

Lucky.

At least essentially all the snow melted now. Still there in spots, but I wonder what the next week of pandora's box weather is gonna look like.

Its pretty warm now in the Coastal Area of The Netherlands. It like 18C in the middle of the day. The sun shines sometimes and the other day it is covered with clouds. But since the sky was clear today, i decided to take a pic of the Moon.

the_moon__5th_of_april_2017_21_00_21_25_

• 3 weeks later...

Had a couple inches of snow this morning, but it quickly melted once the sun appeared. 

Here is some after it started melting out my window.

IMG_6548.jpg

Just got back from taking the dog for a walk, it had cleared a lot (you can see it snowing up higher in the pic above):

IMG_6553.jpg

Just a few minutes from my house:

IMG_6550.jpg

My house is in the middle of the frame, kinda behind that foreground ridge, it's not very far, really, this was maybe 15 minutes walking from the house. You can see the fresh snow on the north facing slopes to the South there.

Reasonably warm during the end of the week. Actually too warm for my preference (28 C!) Winter, come back! I like you more!

Edited by qzgy

On 5/2/2017 at 10:07 AM, Findthepin1 said:

Colder than normal here. It's gonna snow on Sunday, the low is just 1. Too cold for May! Usually we're done with this by now.

Is that 1 C or F? We never get snow here... The coldest I've ever remembered was about 40 F

1 minute ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Is that 1 C or F? We never get snow here... The coldest I've ever remembered was about 40 F

In my experience, it starts actually getting too cold to snow much once it's a little ways below 0 F.

On 2017-05-03 at 10:07 PM, Benjamin Kerman said:

Aww :( I wish I got to see snow...

Wherever in the world you are, I'm pretty sure at some part of the year you can go on a reasonably long road trip and there would be snow at the tops of mountains or something. If you had a week or two off work you could.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, Benjamin Kerman said:

Aww :( I wish I got to see snow...

You cannot be far from mountains in CA. This year there might be snow up high until next winter, lol.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.