Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

Thursday before last Thursday: Well below freezing with winds up to 40 mph and wind chills below 0 F. Oh and it’s a freaking blizzard outside with a foot of snow on the ground. 

Last Thursday: It’s almost 60 F and pouring rain and all the snow is gone and it feels like spring. 

This Thursday: Temperatures hovering between 20 and 35 F all day, with wind chills between 10-20 F and several inches of snow on the ground. 

What the hell is wrong with New England. 

Down in southern Minnesota it looks like were gonna get blasted with over a foot of snow and 45 MPH winds. It seems like we always get screwed over, the storm tracks south, we get barely any snow, or it rains. I cant remember when we had a real blizzard. last year they had blizzard warning, closed the schools and university (which they never do). Turns out we get 1 inch of snow, most of melts.

Ya'll should get this thing:

Image result for john's weather forecasting stone
I just ordered one for a mere 75 bucks (plus 150 for the sign and 200 for the rope and arm-hook thing) and I can already tell it'll be totally worth it!
cough cough, sarcasm....
Edited by Earthlinger

On 1/18/2018 at 8:40 PM, ProtoJeb21 said:

Thursday before last Thursday: Well below freezing with winds up to 40 mph and wind chills below 0 F. Oh and it’s a freaking blizzard outside with a foot of snow on the ground. 

Last Thursday: It’s almost 60 F and pouring rain and all the snow is gone and it feels like spring. 

This Thursday: Temperatures hovering between 20 and 35 F all day, with wind chills between 10-20 F and several inches of snow on the ground. 

What the hell is wrong with New England. 

Tell me about it (upstate NY has gotten a similar treatment). It just gets better, too:

Next Thursday: Forecast to be 25 F, following a freeze on Wednesday which itself is following rain on Tuesday. We all know what that means...

Stop scooping up the cold, humid weather!

We only had a centimeter of snow in twenty years, and this winter we almost had no rain! We’re currently at 16° Celsius, when we should be at 12°! 

Stupid global warming, messing the weather up.

On 1/23/2018 at 10:15 AM, DarkOwl57 said:

*Pokes hand outside and looks up at a clear sky with a 36º current temperature*

I hate you guys.........................................................

*Hand retreats out as the skin becomes dry and rough*

So. So much.

That sounds kinda nice.

Here it was dreary and miserable yesterday, raining heavily and sporadically with sudden bursts of sunlight before chilling somewhat today.

10 hours ago, qzgy said:

That sounds kinda nice.

Here it was dreary and miserable yesterday, raining heavily and sporadically with sudden bursts of sunlight before chilling somewhat today.

It's the opposite of what I want. If it's cold, I WANT IT SNOWING GOSHDARNIT!

13 minutes ago, Green Baron said:

Oh neat!!!  We get those around here now and then... Beautiful, and harmless enough, if they stay over the water.

Here it's rainy and crappy... but it's a good thing. We need as much rain as possible to accumulate now so we don't have a bad fire season later this spring.

• 2 weeks later...

There’s a rapidly intensifying Category 4 equivalent tropical cyclone named Gita about to hit a tiny island nation in the South Pacific basin. Winds are currently at 145 mph with a central pressure of 930 mbar. It’s now the strongest tropical cyclone of 2018 so far, surpassing the 130 mph winds of Cyclone Cebile and the 940 mbar pressur of Cyclone Berguitta, both in the South West Indian Ocean basin. 

Edited by ProtoJeb21

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.