[1.1.3] NicheParts v1.4.2 - Real Engine Pack

MockingBird

@MockingBird

Heya!

Still enjoying your funky little engines, they basically are the backbone of all my small probelets :)

Since you are already making RF and RO configs yourself, I thought I'd just give you a little MM-patch I just whipped up for RP-0, if you're interested.

I placed the parts to appropriate tech nodes, as documented in the CTTchanges.cfg in the RP-0 folder, the pricing is rather guesstimation^^

GoogleDrive link

I think you can place the file directly into your NicheParts root folder for the next release, another folder might look nice, but is rather redundant, I guess^^

Consider the file and its content yours :)

Peace and have fun!

Edited by h0yer
typ'o'removative

• 2 months later...

Great mod, just the engines I needed - especially those tiny ones for small upper stages! Thank you :)

I found one error however: the RO config for S5.92 seems off. Looks like you've calculated the mass ratio for propellant volumes instead of masses, and the dry mass of the engine is a tad too high (confused with the S5.98M?). Please compare the numbers with RO's own config (RealismOverhaul\Engine_Configs\S5_92_Config.cfg). Btw, the same thing with propellant ratio with S5.98M.

Edited by Reddy

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@MockingBird , i'm trying to learn about the engine configuration on the BE-3 engine. Your model has great detail - what's your source? For example, i'm trying to figure out where the tap-off manifold is. Following the ducting in your model it appears to be at the bottom just above the nozzle. This seems odd to me since I expected the input manifold to the regenerative cooling channels or the manifold for the turbine exhaust film cooling channels to be where your lower most manifold is. Please help :)

Edited by Rocket_Nerd

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello mockingbird, i tried sending you a DM but i rarely use KSP forurms and you need to post here at least 5 times it would seem to DM .  Just letting you know that over at Realism Overhaul  we are adding most of your  mod to the new RO-Engines add on for RO which was created to keep part count down so people can just add one mod with a lot of engines in it. https://github.com/KSP-RO/ROEngines

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.