Alright, I want to do that one challenge going round Kerbin, call me a lazy bum but I don't want to spend 30 hours, (Kerbin's C/speed) :) 

So I was wondering what your personal top speed (while not crashing) using rover wheels

Epic Bonus Super Q: What is the top speed underwater.

Please answer, I would REALLY like to make a Hypersonic Submerged Rover H.S.R.

You're going to spend more like a thousand or two hours. Almost any rover will float, so you have to design it to hydrofoil or hydroplane properly. On water, you may achieve a speed of 100 m/s, but that takes a fair amount of thrust. There is no way in hell you are going to maintain a speed of 20 m/s underwater, if you can even make a design that stays underwater (it's quite hard, and takes a lot of mass).

You will have to refuel multiple times, so keep that in mind. And to do it, you will have to stop and wait for your refueling mission to fly a third of the way around Kerbin.

On land, a speed over 30 m/s will probably get you airborne going over the tops of typical hills, and if you don't have wings and good stabilizers, you will die. Rolling your rover is fairly common too, and the best designs can flip themselves back upright when it happens.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.