Maneuver Node - Mid-maneuver correction node?

Is there a known issue of a work around for when you cannot get a node for a mid course correct?  I only seem to have this issue with Interstellar flights.  I have tried to go to the Space Center and back and I still cannot create a node.  I have also tried to create one past the APO , but still no avail.

Man is that frustrating.

Occasionally the game will allow you to place a node on the purple (next) orbit line.  If it does you can grab that node and carefully circle it back around the orbit and get it onto the blue orbit line where you want it.  This doesn't always work, but sometimes does.  

Hope this helps.

Edited by Aethon

1 hour ago, klesh said:

Was able to fix this last night by swapping to a different ship and then back.  Node placement restored.  

I confirm this workaround works. But this darn bug has been around since I bought the game in version 0.22. Wish it would get squashed!

2 hours ago, Xavven said:

I confirm this workaround works. But this darn bug has been around since I bought the game in version 0.22. Wish it would get squashed!

Happend again tonight, and swapping worked again.  So, I guess do that, folks. :wink:

34 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

F5/F9 usually fixes that. And to fix the "stuck on the purple orbit" I use PreciseNode's -orbit button.

Hmmm.  Can you flesh that out a bit.  I use PreciseNode as well.  -orbit button?

7 minutes ago, Aethon said:

Hmmm.  Can you flesh that out a bit.  I use PreciseNode as well.  -orbit button?

Go into the options (O button at the top) and turn on everything that doesn't open a new window. Among the many many buttons you'll unlock will be buttons to jump forward and backward an orbit. They're a LITTLE redundant now that you can do it in the stock game, but one thing they will do that the stock game won't do is jump back to the current orbit when the game refuses to do so, in cases like this.

If your using Career, for a Certian tracking station, you can only have a certain number of maneuvered nodes.

Here is a mod that I would recommend for all those people who use maneuvered nodes regularly.

Precise node uses very pin-pointed measuring devices to make your maneuvered node as accurate as possible. It include keyboard shortcuts ( Without command ) and can also change how much you increase your prograde, retrograde, and other directions. 

Speaking of directions, I havn't playedKSP in 6 months, so can someone tell me the directions in space, there's a triangle and a circle. The only ones I remember are the Prograde ( Faster ) And retrograde ( Slower ) But I still play KSP

Edited by Dr.K Kerbal

I was running into this often when going to Minimus. I found it happens when my encounter was after apoapse. On later flights, I change my flight to encounter Minimus before apoapse and no issue. I haven't tried all the fixes here, but the ones I've tried I haven't had much success with. So I've been shooting for earlier encounters and shorter transfers at the expense of ~80 dv.

I have made a suggestion for some way of forcing a node which does not rely on clicking on the orbit as there are too many cases where that is not possible, even just having a craft recently undocked can make it so you can`t make a node, only select the other craft/switch as the orbit lines are too close.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.