Cant Save the game! Savefiles missing on restart!

Hey, i have reported this problem in a couple of posts already, but wanted to make a New thread since i think i might have found a problem/solution.

Last nite, my game suddenly did a "rollback" after i restarted KSP, it removed/deleted  the manual saves called "quicksave #1-10 and even rolled back the persistent file too an earlier hour.

Now, i had an idea that it could be something too do With max save files, since my started "bugging" up at save "quicksave 11". At this point it seemed that the persistent file (Autosave) did sometimes save, but the "Quicksave 11" was always gone when i reloaded the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well i've now tested more, soo see my post below

-DaCana

Edited by DaCana
Removed the "delete old saves" since it didnt help in the long run & could be missleading.

Screw it! i was wrong! I just tried replicating what i did last nite, building a 270+ parts Rocket, got it into kerbins orbit.

Then i quicksaved the game, did a hardsave With Quicksave#2. And took screenshots of it.

Saved Screen - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4544864

(Quicksave()  & Quicksave#2() are the files i just saved in this case)

After reloading the game Screen - http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DaCana/screenshot/4544862

(The Quicksave() & Persitent has been rolled back, and Quicksave#2() is missing)

Suddenly the files has been rolled back.

Earlier as postet above, i testet saving the game, after just upgrading sum buildings in base, that one got saved. But after building/launching/orbit it didnt wanna save it.

At this point im not sure if its a max parts problem or whatever. I give up. Screw IT!

I'll wait some days & hope for a patch, and if it wont be fixed soon, ill just get my money back, & play it as it should be on my PC.

For anyone who wasted time trying this out, sry!

Edited by DaCana

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

(Sorry, I don't have the appropriate Xbox details. I assume it's 1-877-696-7786 but I can't confirm that)

I wonder if you deleted the actual save file outside the game, I haven't had save file corruption since I did this, but it also seems I'm not as far long as you guys.  Also, since my r2 during eva isn't working I'm re downloading it so I'll be even further back now lol...just hope this works.  I'll laugh my ass off if it causes more crashes and corrupt files after that, as long as that eva works, oh lordy lordy.

Yes. I always delete the file on the console before copying over from USB. And the issue appears to be progressive. I bought the game on release on the 12th and my first corruption was on the 17th. After that, it got worse and worse day by day. I've given up completely now until the game is patched.

1st thanks too Lord Maim for the tip ^^ I'm on Xbox but think they'll do a refund there also.

Too henny83. I've never had a corrupt file, yet.....  on Xbox. But as i have showed in the two links above, i make a save file, or more. I can then see them i the load menu.

But, when i Close the game, and restart it, the "profile" i made in career is missing the Savefiles i just made.  As if the game just rolls back too an earlier date.

Its like waking up & re-living the same day over & over & over.....  im just stuck in the loop :P

2nd the fact that Squad let this baby of em' be tortured like this is just wierd. what have the Flying Monkeys done too this great game!?   I've got several 100 hours playng this on PC, and was supposed too recommend it too every friend on my list, but this is just crap. Since theres not even a Word from Squad or FT, ill ask for a refund, then do some Research if im too buy it again at a later (patched to Gold standard) date.

Had it only been released as an Early Release, wich is a program Xbox allready got running this wouldnt be a problem at all. But this Crap release was probably never even tested by anyone else then paperpushers at FT.

I mean, Squad, I Love What you made, but what the heck is this release?

And Why no Words from you? OR any answers that you might have from FT on this matters?

Is this (Xbox/ps4) a dead Forum when it comes too anyone from Squad?

1 hour ago, DaCana said:

1st thanks too Lord Maim for the tip ^^ I'm on Xbox but think they'll do a refund there also.

Too henny83. I've never had a corrupt file, yet.....  on Xbox. But as i have showed in the two links above, i make a save file, or more. I can then see them i the load menu.

But, when i Close the game, and restart it, the "profile" i made in career is missing the Savefiles i just made.  As if the game just rolls back too an earlier date.

Its like waking up & re-living the same day over & over & over.....  im just stuck in the loop :P

2nd the fact that Squad let this baby of em' be tortured like this is just wierd. what have the Flying Monkeys done too this great game!?   I've got several 100 hours playng this on PC, and was supposed too recommend it too every friend on my list, but this is just crap. Since theres not even a Word from Squad or FT, ill ask for a refund, then do some Research if im too buy it again at a later (patched to Gold standard) date.

Had it only been released as an Early Release, wich is a program Xbox allready got running this wouldnt be a problem at all. But this Crap release was probably never even tested by anyone else then paperpushers at FT.

I mean, Squad, I Love What you made, but what the heck is this release?

And Why no Words from you? OR any answers that you might have from FT on this matters?

Is this (Xbox/ps4) a dead Forum when it comes too anyone from Squad?

While I don't think I'm quite as repulsed by this situation as you, I have to say, you are right about the lack of response. I am very curious as to where the devs are on this. This is a HUGE issue and I've gone from thread to thread and it seems like everyone is talking to a brick wall. No response and most of the bugs aren't listed as actual bugs yet, especialy this monster of a game breaker. I'm having the exact same issue as you. This whole thing does make me curious as to who's responsible for the patch. Who's gonna fix it? Squad or FT? And whomever is responsible, do they have dedicated devs for the consoles or is this just some side project? I freaking LOVE this game and I can't play it (no PC). Devs, where are you? Tell us that everything's going to be okay and that it won't be long 'til it gets fixed. I'm having KSP withdrawals man...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.