I need help with thesis topic related to KSP.

Puderniczek

Hello kerbonauts!

I'm student in Polish Air Force Academy and I would like to create my own thesis topic related to KSP so I need some help and advice.

I tought about describing idea of future manned Mars mission for example. KSP would be used to visualize progress of this mission (of course I would use realism mods).

And there some difficulties showed up. How can I combine necessary calculations with KSP (navigation, fuel consuption, etc.)? Is it even possible? 

Do you know any websites with interesting and useful rocket science data? I'm asking you because I know that KSP players are rocket science enthusiast :wink:

If you have any ideas, please post here. I would be very grateful for your help.

29 minutes ago, Puderniczek said:

Hello kerbonauts!

I'm student in Polish Air Force Academy and I would like to create my own thesis topic related to KSP so I need some help and advice.

I tought about describing idea of future manned Mars mission for example. KSP would be used to visualize progress of this mission (of course I would use realism mods).

And there some difficulties showed up. How can I combine necessary calculations with KSP (navigation, fuel consuption, etc.)? Is it even possible? 

Do you know any websites with interesting and useful rocket science data? I'm asking you because I know that KSP players are rocket science enthusiast :wink:

If you have any ideas, please post here. I would be very grateful for your help.

A great thing you can download is a software called "GMAT." If you're familiar with The Martian, Andy Wier (the author) used it to calculate all the stuff in the book. And it turned out to be one of the most realistic science books ever! I sometimes use it, but not much. I'll post the link here: https://gmat.gsfc.nasa.gov/

Good luck on your thesis! :)

Edited by The Raging Sandwich

If you use GMAT youll want to calculate some values with patched conics or so help you itll be almost impossible to get a convergence. Also start with a porkchop plotter. STK can also do some of what your looking for but GMAT is better for transfers. Also make sure you have quite a lot of ram or it may take a very long time to converge.

On 20/07/2016 at 10:31 PM, Puderniczek said:

Hello kerbonauts!

Scott manley does some goods videos explaining the equations.

Search it up on YouTube. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.