• 0
Tomato29

Crafts in different versions

Question

Hello,

I've got an annoying problem: I built a big ship in ksp 1.1.3, but bizzarre wheels and wings and incompatibilities of mods made me return to 1.1. Problem: I don't know how to convert my craft to ksp 1.1 because I've installed same mods, they work, and when I put the 1.1.3 .craft file into 1.1 ships/sph folder, it says me that the craft is incompatible with this version of ksp. halp plz :( I tried all day to fix that, but didn't succeeded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Tomato29 said:

Hello,

I've got an annoying problem: I built a big ship in ksp 1.1.3, but bizzarre wheels and wings and incompatibilities of mods made me return to 1.1. Problem: I don't know how to convert my craft to ksp 1.1 because I've installed same mods, they work, and when I put the 1.1.3 .craft file into 1.1 ships/sph folder, it says me that the craft is incompatible with this version of ksp. halp plz :( I tried all day to fix that, but didn't succeeded

My first thought here is do you have any part mods in 1.1.3 that you haven't got in your 1.1.0 install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
29 minutes ago, pandaman said:

My first thought here is do you have any part mods in 1.1.3 that you haven't got in your 1.1.0 install?

well I checked EVERY (at least I think) part of my vessel (over 380 parts) if it was in the folders of the 1.1 and yeah they are, so I don't know. Damn that took me over an hour :( I really don't want to lose that ship because it took me a month to calculate dV and other stuff, planning the mission and comparate every part's weight or the optimized number of engines

And congrats on your 1111th post Pandaman :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, pandaman said:

My first thought here is do you have any part mods in 1.1.3 that you haven't got in your 1.1.0 install?

okay, that's definitely weird. I did something and now it acts weirdly: I edited .craft file to put 1.1.0 version instead of 1.1.3 and I can open it in sph and vab but when it appears it lags a loooooot and HX B9 parts appear invisible (nodes appear). what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Tomato29 Okay. Just a thought, but do you have a craft you built using just stock parts you can try?  That will at least give an indication whether it's a mod or not that's not playing nice.   If you don't have one try loading one of the larger stock vessels, add an extra fuel tank or something and save it under a new name and try transferring that.

Beyond that I really don't know how I can help, I've not had the issues you are experiencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, pandaman said:

@Tomato29 Okay. Just a thought, but do you have a craft you built using just stock parts you can try?  That will at least give an indication whether it's a mod or not that's not playing nice.   If you don't have one try loading one of the larger stock vessels, add an extra fuel tank or something and save it under a new name and try transferring that.

Beyond that I really don't know how I can help, I've not had the issues you are experiencing.

mmh kay I'll try that but I'm restarting my ksp right now, I'll load a vessel once it'll have finished loading. odd thing: HX parts of the Atlas (my vessel's name) appear invisible, just nodes appear, but when I pick up an HX piece from the parts menu it appears absolutely perfectly normal. I really don't understand right now. I just remembered I had a screenshot of the Atlas, thanks to my ego, I can build most of it with the screen :D I'll try to remember what other hidden pieces were and where were they. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Tomato29

You can try it with absolutely any vessel,  but just make sure that all of the parts are stock, that way you can be reasonably sure it's not connected  to mod parts.  And a larger vessel is more likely to show an error simply because there's more stuff to go wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@pandaman yep I saved a cupola module named nootnoot, I'm sure it's stock. I'm trying to transfer it, I'm loading ksp 1.1.0 right now (created nootnoot in 1.1.3)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Tomato29

This is only a hunch, but...

Are the mods in 1.1.3 updated from the versions you have in 1.1.0?

 In other words you installed mods in 1.1.0, and when you installed 1.1.3 you would naturally install the latest available mod versions too.  So, there could be backwards incompatibility issues between versions of the same mod.

Also you could try copying your whole save from 1.1.3 into 1.1.0 rather than just the ships.

I hope some of my thoughts have been helpful.  It's late here now so I'll check on here tomorrow to see how you get on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This question about how to play the game has been moved to Gameplay Questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@pandaman what I did is I checked the two version of each mod used for the Atlas for common parts and deleted those on the atlas that wouldn't be on the updated version of the mod, then I installed the mod adapted to the version and I transferred the entire save file. But because that didn't work, I then transferred the whole Gamedata folder of ksp 1.1.3 to ksp 1.1.0 (excepted squad folder) then transferred save file. didn't worked. I tried a lot of things now but that never worked, I'll stay on 1.1.3 with landing gear bugs and bizarre wheels, coming with weird jet engines and wings. I'll wait for 1.2, dunno when squad will release it :l

4 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

This question about how to play the game has been moved to Gameplay Questions.

yeah, sorry and thanks for moving my topic :)

Edited by Tomato29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Tomato29  Thanks for the update, it's a pity you couldn't get to the bottom of your problem, but at least it hasn't stopped you playing altogether.

Keep flying...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@pandaman yeah, anyway that's not really that bad because something else was wrong, and I suspect tweakscale to not work in 1.1, or maybe I just didn't had the good version of it: loaded Mallard, the stock Mk3 plane and it appeared without staging even if it have 2 jet engines. When on runway sometimes it starts wobbling, acting oddly, .. when I tried to activate engines by hand (right clickin') either it says engine is blocked (plot twist: it isn't!) either it says that I don't have any air intake (spoiler: I do!). Sooo, I'm quite happy that there are only wheels and B9 wings that don't work correctly in ly 1.1.3 ksp :P

Thanks for trying to help me out kerbonaut :)

Edited by Tomato29

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Tomato29 @pandaman This is super simple, open the craft files of whichever craft is "incompatible" with a text editor and one of the first lines is gonna be something like "version: 1.1.0". If you want your craft to become compatible with 1.1.0, make this 1.1.0, if you want it for 1.1.3, change it to "version: 1.1.3". I found it out myself without looking for it anywhere :D

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

@Tomato29 @pandaman This is super simple, open the craft files of whichever craft is "incompatible" with a text editor and one of the first lines is gonna be something like "version: 1.1.0". If you want your craft to become compatible with 1.1.0, make this 1.1.0, if you want it for 1.1.3, change it to "version: 1.1.3". I found it out myself without looking for it anywhere :D

yeah, that's what I did, and then B9 HX parts appear invisible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

yeah, that's what I did, and then B9 HX parts appear invisible

B9 HX? What's that? I can find lots of things related to this on the internet, but no describtion of what this thing is. I know of B9 Aerospace, but no B9 HX. Can you give me a link to this mod's forum thread?

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, TheDestroyer111 said:

B9 HX? What's that? I can find lots of things related to this on the internet, but no describtion of what this thing is. I know of B9 Aerospace, but no B9 HX. Can you give me a link to this mod's forum thread?

B9 for B9 aerospace and HX because of the name of the megabig parts in the folders 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Tomato29 said:

B9 for B9 aerospace and HX because of the name of the megabig parts in the folders 

There are no "HX" parts in B9 neither in game or in the folder for B9. Do you mean HL parts, the ones identical in size to stock Mk3? Or do you mean the even bigger "S2 wide body" parts?

Edited by TheDestroyer111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.