[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

Also not showing those nodes, which appears is due to them being empty (in stock*, anyway). 

I removed the three ETT (remove empty tech tree nodes) files from the folder and they show up again, but just don't really do anything besides allow you to get the next nodes since they offer no parts. This is fine for me for now while we wait for an update. 

Loving this mod, btw!

*not completely stock, I have this mod, MJ, and Extraplanetary Launchpads (without KIS/KAS/whatever that recommended but optional mod for it is) installed

1 hour ago, ArikBloodworth said:

Also not showing those nodes, which appears is due to them being empty (in stock*, anyway). 

I removed the three ETT (remove empty tech tree nodes) files from the folder and they show up again, but just don't really do anything besides allow you to get the next nodes since they offer no parts. This is fine for me for now while we wait for an update. 

Loving this mod, btw!

*not completely stock, I have this mod, MJ, and Extraplanetary Launchpads (without KIS/KAS/whatever that recommended but optional mod for it is) installed

Remove the three ETT files in HP Techtree and download ETT separately (it has it's own GameData-Folder). Then it works.

@pap1723 The settings for the new version of Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes (v0.6) now use the in-game options menu and no longer uses a config file. So, if you want to package the new HETTN version in your mod's folder then it should work this time (but it still might be better to package them separately, at least for CKAN :wink: Up to you).

@Puppy_The_Pup Delete the three "HideEmptyTechTreeNodes..." files in this mod's folder. If you want to hide empty nodes, download the Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes mod separately.

With the huge update to the Surface Experiment Pack I think some rearrangement of the parts in the tree is in order based on the complexity rating that these parts now have. The thought being the more complex sensors are developed later in the timeline. Going through the 4 levels this is my recommendation:

Advance Experiments; Central Station, Passive Seismic Experiment, Interior Heat Probe

Scanning Tech; Retroreflector, Code Cathode Neutral Ion Detector

Field Science; Surface Mangetometor, Solar Wind Spectrometer

Advanced Science Tech; Weather Station, Surface Gravimeter

12 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

With the huge update to the Surface Experiment Pack I think some rearrangement of the parts in the tree is in order based on the complexity rating that these parts now have. The thought being the more complex sensors are developed later in the timeline. Going through the 4 levels this is my recommendation:

Advance Experiments; Central Station, Passive Seismic Experiment, Interior Heat Probe

Scanning Tech; Retroreflector, Code Cathode Neutral Ion Detector

Field Science; Surface Mangetometor, Solar Wind Spectrometer

Advanced Science Tech; Weather Station, Surface Gravimeter

I'd start with the PSE and Retroreflector cus those are the ones from the EASEP (Early Apollo Science Experiment Package) that was left by Apollo 11.

13 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I'd start with the PSE and Retroreflector cus those are the ones from the EASEP (Early Apollo Science Experiment Package) that was left by Apollo 11.

That would then also require changing the complexity level, otherwise you'll be having a level 2 part opening up first and before a level 1 part. With the SEP mod now uses 4 complexity levels as part of the custom science plugin I think this would require an additional MM file to go along with the tech tree to do that. While certainly am more than open to your idea, I was also trying to consider the least amount of work :)

Edited by JeffreyCor

29 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

That would then also require changing the complexity level, otherwise you'll be having a level 2 part opening up first and before a level 1 part. With the SEP mod now uses 4 complexity levels as part of the custom science plugin I think this would require an additional MM file to go along with the tech tree to do that. While certainly am more than open to your idea, I was also trying to consider the least amount of work :)

Uh, crap I'll have to talk to @DMagic about that then. He set up the complexity levels.

Spoiler

I just downloaded the 1.2 version of this mod and I'm getting this error

Exception occured while loading contract 'unknown':
System.Exception: No ContractBehaviour with type = 'KerKonConConExt.OpenBase'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.LoadBehaviour (.ConfigNode configNode, ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

When loading up a save I moved from 1.1.3 

I do have another tech tree downloaded (Engineering Tech Tree), if that helps any. Do I need to get rid of that?  Because if I do for each save, that'll be a hassle lol

Edit: Upon further inspection it looks like this has nothing to do with the mod... whoops:sticktongue: lol Assuming "KerKonConConExt.Openbase" mean Kerbal Constructs contracts

Edit2: Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for. Move along

Edited by stickman939

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, olekopyto said:

We can haz 1.2.1 version plz?  

You can edit the "HPTechTree.version" file in notepad and change the KSP_VERSION line to say {"MAJOR":1, "MINOR":2, "PATCH":1} and it'll stop complaining when you load it. Nothing got broken by 1.2->1.2.1, except you might have to remove the included hide empty tech tree nodes files and download the mod yourself (as already explained above).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2016 at 1:03 PM, stickman939 said:

Anyone know where to get the 1.9 update? AVC keeps taking me to spacedock, but neither there nor github has 1.9

I was coming to ask that very thing. I thought it was a glitch but today it's still saying 1.9 is supposed to be the current version yet it isn't anywhere to be found.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.