[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

4 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

anyway this one doesn't work either. I installed it and it still didn't change the R&D.

Do you have Module Manager 2.7.5 installed? (the answer should be yes)

Did you have any of the following installed? (the answer should be no)

• Community Tech Tree
  • Engineering Tech Tree
  • SETI Tech Tree
  • Unmanned Before Manned
  • RP-0
  • Open Tech Tree

Did you copy the HPTechTree folder into your GameData folder? 

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Just now, TheRagingIrishman said:

Do you have Module Manager 2.7.5 installed? (the answer should be yes)

Did you have any of the following installed?

• Community Tech Tree
  • Engineering Tech Tree
  • SETI Tech Tree
  • Unmanned Before Manned
  • RP-0
  • Open Tech Tree

Did you copy the HPTechTree folder into your GameData folder? 

I have module manager, but none of the other mods. and yes i did

25 minutes ago, nickrulercreator said:

I have module manager, but none of the other mods. and yes i did

I would suggest re-installing HPTT. I’ve been playing this tree on 1.2.2 for about 80 hours now, so this should work just fine. Do you have KSP-AVC installed? If so, could you post a list of all the mods you have?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Pap, when loading the game module manager is throwing up and error, I checked the output log and found it was in the HPTechTree.cfg its to do with the section

@PART[Vega_Propellant_A|Vega_Propellant_B|Alnair_LK_Service_A|Alnair_Mono_A|Alnair_Mono_B|Alnair_Mono_C|Alnair_MonoSolar_A:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]

After the section "Alnair_MonoSolar_A" there is no closing square bracket ( ] ) before the ":AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]" section

Thanks for the work that you've done on this

On 2/10/2017 at 7:21 PM, Mixshott said:

Hi Pap, when loading the game module manager is throwing up and error, I checked the output log and found it was in the HPTechTree.cfg its to do with the section

@PART[Vega_Propellant_A|Vega_Propellant_B|Alnair_LK_Service_A|Alnair_Mono_A|Alnair_Mono_B|Alnair_Mono_C|Alnair_MonoSolar_A:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]

After the section "Alnair_MonoSolar_A" there is no closing square bracket ( ] ) before the ":AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]" section

Thanks for the work that you've done on this

Thanks for noticing this! I am going to actually have to delete all Tantares references and start over on them. The mod maker completely overhauled his pack and all of the Tantares references are no longer valid.

17 hours ago, Bombaatu said:

So, this looks really interesting but it doesn't support the Pathfinder mod :( 

I saw earlier that it was being planned; is there an ETA for that?

Pathfinder is Supported. I will add it to the OP as a supported mod.

Hi, I'm very interested in getting this mod, however, it shows up in CKAN as only supporting KSP version 1.2.0, therefore not allowing my to install it from that source. I'd rather not have to deal with installing it separately if possible. Please advise.

(Edit) I see the mod is actually updated to 1.2.2, Just not in CKAN.

Thanks!
LittleJoe

Edited by LittleJoe

Would you be interested in integrating USI: MKS/OKS? Currently the parts start getting unlocked at teir 4 which is when manned spaceflight starts in your tech tree (this is because those nodes are when they are unlocked in stock). In my opinion some should be unlocked starting at tier 7 since this is as you say "the time when humans learned how to live in space" and they unlocking alot more around tier 9 since "Long-term space habitation" and continuing from their. I enjoy your tech tree since it makes more logical sence then stock. Also enjoying the HP contract pack, it's very well paced (played the historical contract pack with +300 contracts and it was way to slow and repeative). Keep up all the good work! :D 

Edit: The Mk4-1 Heavy Comand Module is in a tier 5 Comand Modules node but it should be in the tier 9 along with the PPD-1 Heavy Comand Module in the Expiermental Motors node

Edited by Austinator48
An addition

On 2/17/2017 at 6:41 PM, Austinator48 said:

Would you be interested in integrating USI: MKS/OKS? Currently the parts start getting unlocked at teir 4 which is when manned spaceflight starts in your tech tree (this is because those nodes are when they are unlocked in stock). In my opinion some should be unlocked starting at tier 7 since this is as you say "the time when humans learned how to live in space" and they unlocking alot more around tier 9 since "Long-term space habitation" and continuing from their. I enjoy your tech tree since it makes more logical sence then stock. Also enjoying the HP contract pack, it's very well paced (played the historical contract pack with +300 contracts and it was way to slow and repeative). Keep up all the good work! :D 

Edit: The Mk4-1 Heavy Comand Module is in a tier 5 Comand Modules node but it should be in the tier 9 along with the PPD-1 Heavy Comand Module in the Expiermental Motors node

Austin, I will definitely move the Mk4-1 and thanks for finding it! 

I know that a lot of people play MKS and OKS and I had tried it a while ago. My issue with putting it in the tech tree is that it is a huge mod with a ton of parts and I don't understand how they all work and what they all do. It would take me a very long time to place them correctly. It might be something that I do at some point in the future, but I just don't know. If you are willing to let me know where you think all the parts should go, we can definitely collaborate. 

Version 2.0 Update!

• Changed all tech costs from Tier 8 and later to better balance the tree and make the late game science more about exploring and less about waiting for Science Labs to generate enough science
    • Tier 8 down from 550 to 500
    • Tier 9 down from 1000 to 700
    • Tier 10 down from 1500 to 900
    • Tier 11 down from 2250 to 1100
    • Tier 12 down from 4000 to 1300
    • Tier 13 down from 4000 to 1500
    • Tier 14 down from 4000 to 1700
    • Tier 15 down from 4000 to 1900
  • Reorganized folders to have all Mods in their own file
  • NEW MOD SUPPORT
    • CxAerospace
    • Lonesome Robots Gemini & Agena
  • MOD UPDATES
    • Bluedog Design Bureau
    • Cormorant Aeronology (Shuttle Lifting Body)
    • Coatl Aerospace (0.15 RC)
    • Kerbal Reusability Expansion
    • MOLE
    • SSTU
    • Tantares
    • TantaresLV

On 2/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, pap1723 said:

Austin, I will definitely move the Mk4-1 and thanks for finding it! 

I know that a lot of people play MKS and OKS and I had tried it a while ago. My issue with putting it in the tech tree is that it is a huge mod with a ton of parts and I don't understand how they all work and what they all do. It would take me a very long time to place them correctly. It might be something that I do at some point in the future, but I just don't know. If you are willing to let me know where you think all the parts should go, we can definitely collaborate. 

I'd be willing to help however consider I'm no expert. Determining where to put the parts in this tech tree that mirror human advancement will need to be considered since a lot of the parts in USI don't have IRL counterparts and takes some conjecture to determine how far in the future they are (I'm no expert in growing food, mining water substrate, etc in space and how far we are from it but I have some ideas). I will message you with potential changes and future ideas so not to make this thread fill with just back and forth. However, I can't promise it will be in a timely manner (it might be thou) since I'm in college working on my engineering degree, taking 17 credits and dealing with personal life.

6 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Version 2.0 Update!

• Changed all tech costs from Tier 8 and later to better balance the tree and make the late game science more about exploring and less about waiting for Science Labs to generate enough science
    • Tier 8 down from 550 to 500
    • Tier 9 down from 1000 to 700
    • Tier 10 down from 1500 to 900
    • Tier 11 down from 2250 to 1100
    • Tier 12 down from 4000 to 1300
    • Tier 13 down from 4000 to 1500
    • Tier 14 down from 4000 to 1700
    • Tier 15 down from 4000 to 1900

hmm not sure about the reduced science for higher tiers, was enjoying getting into the late game/ looking forward to it slowing down and always having more tech to unlock. I'll have to play more of it to see if it turns into a grind fest. But considering you can get at least 14000 sci just from the mun so I'm not sure if the reduction in necessary. Also adding Orbital science adds a ton of potential science. Note: I haven't really gotten far enough into this tech tree determine if this reduction is needed or not, this is just initial feelings and thoughts. 

Edited by Austinator48

21 minutes ago, Austinator48 said:

I'd be willing to help however consider I'm no expert. Determining where to put the parts in this tech tree that mirror human advancement will need to be considered since a lot of the parts in USI don't have IRL counterparts and takes some conjecture to determine how far in the future they are (I'm no expert in growing food, mining water substrate, etc in space and how far we are from it but I have some ideas). I will message you with potential changes and future ideas so not to make this thread fill with just back and forth. However, I can't promise it will be in a timely manner (it might be thou) since I'm in college working on my engineering degree, taking 17 credits and dealing with personal life.

hmm not sure about the reduced science for higher tiers, was enjoying getting into the late game/ looking forward to it slowing down and always having more tech to unlock. I'll have to play more of it to see if it turns into a grind fest. But considering you can get at least 14000 sci just from the mun so I'm not sure if the reduction in necessary. Also adding Orbital science adds a ton of potential science. Note: I haven't really gotten far enough into this tech tree determine if this reduction is needed or not, this is just initial feelings and thoughts. 

Sounds good about the MKS / OKS stuff!!

As for the late game science grind, let me know what you think about it when you get there. While the individual nodes are not that difficult to unlock, there are a lot more techs per tier. So at 1000 science, it would take 9000 science just to open one tier. The way it is structured now, it still takes a lot of science, but it is more manageable.

Now, if too many people say it is too easy, I will probably have to look at changing some numbers again. It might be that the early part of the tech tree is too easy. It always felt like you would hit a wall of science around Tier 8.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Just wondering, I saw that tundra exploration was not supported, does that mean if i download this, will those parts be all over the pace or will they still be in a logical position? By the way, looks awesome @pap1723

They will be in relatively normal postiions, but they will be available much earlier than normal. Now that he has re-done them, it is something I will work on placing in the tree.

How about doing SXT bearing in mind it could perhaps be similar to BDB with early american rockets?

Another question is does procedural wings fit it here? It works but it feels odd as they replace every stock wing. So it kind of replaces a whole arm of the tech tree. Still sitting on the fence trying to make my mind up if I staying with stock to allow progression. Or switching to a single set of procedural wing parts.

EDIT: well decided to go with procedural wings from the start. Since we start off with really early jet aircraft. Plenty of military designs left over from war period of the Kerbin Kerfuffle. A possibly suggestion for you @pap1723 

@PART[B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeA|B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeB|B9_Aero_Wing_Procedural_TypeC]:NEEDS[B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings]:AFTER[B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
	{
		@TechRequired = start
	}

One of the side benefits. Is the actual wings node does not need to be unlocked now. Which reduces VAB clutter caused by having too many wing parts. Still looking at SXT but it is longer job that will take time. I suspect that a lot of the parts can be moved together. They don't all historically cover that many years I think but I am not the expert here.  Any thoughts or advice on a tech tree conversion please @linuxgurugamer ?

Edited by nobodyhasthis2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.