[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

4 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

Umm... still kind of a newbie when it comes to ksp - where would module manager errors be stored? And yeah, it happens when tantares is installed - but I haven't checked without it. Checking...

if you open KSP.log and search error you will see all MM errors (and maybe some other stuff).

I've also received a Module Manager error with Real Scale Boosters and its Stockalike configs installed, along with an error loading a saved game relating to two nodes sharing identical IDs (if I recall correctly, that was the gist of the error). I deleted the KSP install that had HP Tech Tree installed with it, so I can't upload any log files; if needed, I will reinstall with the exact same mods that I had installed when I received these errors and upload the logs afterwards. Also, I don't receive the RSB error when I don't have HP Tech Tree installed, so could it be that HPTT is not compatible with the Stockalike configs for RSB?

EDIT: Forget it, the issue isn't related to HPTT... I am still receiving the issue despite HPTT being uninstalled.

Edited by fallout2077
Problem Not Related to HPTT

Some small edits for Tantares parts.  Some of this is my opinion, but things like primitive docking parts should imho come before the better stock parts, and parts meant to work together shouldn't be so far away in the tree.

@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2|Tantares_Orbital_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advancedMotors
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Habitation_1|Tantares_Orbital_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advConstruction
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Parachute_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Crew_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = commandModules
    }    

@PART[Libra_LFO_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advFuelSystems
    }

@PART[Libra_Crew_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advLanding
    }

@PART[Tantares_DockingMechanism_2|Tantares_Port_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }
    @PART[Tantares_DockingMechanism_1|Tantares_Port_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = precisionEngineering
    }

@PART[Tantares_Decoupler_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@PART[Libra_Antenna_1|Libra_Antenna_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = electronics
    }

@PART[Tantares_Engine_1|Tantares_Engine_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = heavierRocketry
    }

@PART[Libra_RCS_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = miniaturization
    }

@PART[Libra_Ladder_1|Libra_Leg_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@PART[Libra_Engine_1|Libra_Nesting_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = propulsionSystems
    }

@PART[Tantares_Antenna_1|Tantares_SolarBasic_1_L|Tantares_SolarBasic_1_R|Tantares_SolarBasic_2_L|Tantares_SolarBasic_2_R|Tantares_SolarStandard_1|Tantares_SolarStandard_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = specializedElectrics
    }

@PART[Tantares_RCS_1|Tantares_RCS_2|Tantares_RCS_3|Tantares_RCS_4]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = unmannedTech
    }

Also, new listing for nearfuture's largest command pod:

@PART[mk4-1pod]:NEEDS[NearFutureSpacecraft]:AFTER[NearFutureSpacecraft]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

Edited by Sandworm

On 4/19/2017 at 3:20 PM, Sandworm said:

Some small edits for Tantares parts.  Some of this is my opinion, but things like primitive docking parts should imho come before the better stock parts, and parts meant to work together shouldn't be so far away in the tree.

@PART[Tantares_Habitation_2|Tantares_Orbital_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Habitation_1|Tantares_Orbital_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Parachute_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }
    @PART[Tantares_Crew_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = commandModules
    }    

@PART[Libra_LFO_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advFuelSystems
    }

@PART[Libra_Crew_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = advLanding
    }

@PART[Tantares_DockingMechanism_2|Tantares_Port_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }
    @PART[Tantares_DockingMechanism_1|Tantares_Port_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@PART[Tantares_Decoupler_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@PART[Libra_Antenna_1|Libra_Antenna_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = electronics
    }

@PART[Tantares_Engine_1|Tantares_Engine_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = heavierRocketry
    }

@PART[Libra_RCS_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = miniaturization
    }

@PART[Libra_Ladder_1|Libra_Leg_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@PART[Libra_Engine_1|Libra_Nesting_1]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = propulsionSystems
    }

@PART[Tantares_Antenna_1|Tantares_SolarBasic_1_L|Tantares_SolarBasic_1_R|Tantares_SolarBasic_2_L|Tantares_SolarBasic_2_R|Tantares_SolarStandard_1|Tantares_SolarStandard_2]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = specializedElectrics
    }

@PART[Tantares_RCS_1|Tantares_RCS_2|Tantares_RCS_3|Tantares_RCS_4]:NEEDS[Tantares]:AFTER[Tantares]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = unmannedTech
    }

Also, new listing for nearfuture's largest command pod:

@PART[mk4-1pod]:NEEDS[NearFutureSpacecraft]:AFTER[NearFutureSpacecraft]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
    }

@Sandworm thanks for the updates! Does this include the most recent of the Tantares updates?

6 hours ago, pap1723 said:

@Sandworm thanks for the updates! Does this include the most recent of the Tantares updates?

I think so ... I haven't check every part.  I just started a new save and noticed that parts seemed scattered.  I fixed the ones I noticed but cannot promise anything.  I haven't looked at the TantaresLV parts.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what exactly fills in the earliest nodes in this pack for certain trees? I installed it along with like 60 other mods and there were still lots of random empty nodes in the earlier and later parts of it... Even the StayPutnik didn't come up until three nodes deep!

Does this have something to do with Ven's?

Edited by Ithirahad

12 hours ago, Ithirahad said:

So, what exactly fills in the earliest nodes in this pack for certain trees? I installed it along with like 60 other mods and there were still lots of random empty nodes in the earlier and later parts of it... Even the StayPutnik didn't come up until three nodes deep!

Does this have something to do with Ven's?

Bluedog Design Bureau fills out the early tree fairly well.

Pap, you need to add Taerobee support so we can launch some sounding rockets!

@pap1723 Thanks for making this mod happen.  Love the idea of historical progression.  Would you mind sharing your list of mods you prefer to use to play through your tech tree career?  I've been looking through the list of mods on the OP and playing around with many of them.  With being really new to KSP, I would appreciate hearing what others think as well.  I'm really aiming to play as close to historical accuracy as possible.  

4 hours ago, Ithirahad said:

Aren't Bluedog parts scaled down to stock-compatible sizes? I'm using RSS...

This sounds like you have some conflicts going on there. This tree is not designed to be played with Realism Overhaul as it moves the location of all of the parts around.

On 5/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, pap1723 said:

This sounds like you have some conflicts going on there. This tree is not designed to be played with Realism Overhaul as it moves the location of all of the parts around.

I don't have RO; this is a 1.2.2 RSS install via CKAN. I have piles and piles of mods, including Real Scale Boosters, some aeroplane mods, Ven's Stock Revamp + SMURFF, etc...

Unfortunately, even the early RSB engines and tanks and stuff are locked away until several (expensive for early-game) nodes deep into the progression trees, with the strange exception of a certain Vernier engine (that I've been using as a third-stage engine).

Edited by Ithirahad

2 hours ago, Ithirahad said:

I don't have RO; this is a 1.2.2 RSS install via CKAN. I have piles and piles of mods, including Real Scale Boosters, some aeroplane mods, Ven's Stock Revamp + SMURFF, etc...

Unfortunately, even the early RSB engines and tanks and stuff are locked away until several (expensive for early-game) nodes deep into the progression trees, with the strange exception of a certain Vernier engine (that I've been using as a third-stage engine).

Yep, that is the issue.RSB doesn't really start until Saturn which is node 5 or so on the tree. If you are using SMURFF, you should be able to use packs like BDB or SSTU that will fill out the earlier part of the tree. SMURFF will convert them for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-3 at 8:03 PM, theJesuit said:

As it is simply a CFG you should be able to utilise this with the current Module Manager.

Peace.

Can you explain how? Because it doesn't work to me :S

If the mod developer is reading this, PLEASE, upload a 1.3v update. PLEASE. 

1 hour ago, PCR said:

Can you explain how? Because it doesn't work to me :S

Your KSP/GameData folder should look like

• GameData
    • HPTechTree (a folder with a bunch of stuff in it)
    • ModuleManager.2.8.0.dll (a single file)
    • Squad (the KSP default folder)

If you want to get rid of the box that will pop up while KSP is loading telling you that HPTechTree is not updated for 1.3, delete the two files that start with MiniAVC that are inside of the HPTechTree folder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry to complain, but the R-7/Soyuz launch vehicle parts are horribly misplaced in the tech tree. All of the tanks and engines are tier 6, which is even later than the N-1 parts. This makes it completely absurd in the context of this (historical) tech tree and leaves no option for Sputnik and Vostok launches (some of the parts from the separate Vostok mod - the pods - are, on the other hand, available too early, but the lack of a launch vehicle somehow balances that). Can this be helped somehow?

P.S. A very quick and dirty fix:  

@PART[TLV_0_LFO_1|TLV_1_LFO_1|TLV_1_LFO_2]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = FuelTanks
    }

@PART[TLV_2_LFO_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = fuelSystems
    }

@PART[TLV_1_Engine_1|TLV_0_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = basicRocketry
    }

@PART[TLV_2_Engine_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = heavyRocketry
    }

@PART[TLV_Fin]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = BasicFlightControl
    }

@PART[TLV_2_Fairing_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]:AFTER[TantaresLV]:FOR[zzzzHPTechTree]
    {
        @TechRequired = stability
    }

Haven't really looked into the other LVs and spaceships/stations yet.

Edited by TK-313

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.