[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

11 hours ago, Method Missing said:

I'm having a hard time using this mod, it doesn't appear to modify the tech tree on any game mode. There's no installation instruction.

Experience with previous mods (pre 1.0 days, I'm back after a break) tells me to copy the gamedata folder into the KSP folder, overwriting/adding to what's there. I do, and it doesn't seem to have an effect.

I downloaded CKAN in case I'm not getting something that I'm supposed to know already, and installed with that but again it doesn't seem to work.

Is there any special setting, configuration, new game, scenario, magic incantation, or other trick to get this to work, or should it 'just work'? Maybe I should delete my entire KSP folder and reinstall from scratch?

Sorry you are running into some issues with the install, but it sounds like you are doing it right.

The only thing I can think of is that you have a conflicting mod installed. In that case, this tree will not appear. Here is the list of mods that this will NOT work with:

• Community Tech Tree
  • SETI Community Tech Tree
  • SETI Tech Tree
  • Engineering Tech Tree
  • Open Tech Tree
  • Realistic Progression-0
  • SETI Unmanned Before MAnned

Just now, awsumindyman said:

A cool mod to integrate would be Cormorant Aeronology: it adds parts specifically for building shuttles. Just look it up in Google or something, and you'll find it right away.

Great minds think alike. This is already incorporated and will be part of the next release. 

18 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Sorry you are running into some issues with the install, but it sounds like you are doing it right.

The only thing I can think of is that you have a conflicting mod installed. In that case, this tree will not appear. Here is the list of mods that this will NOT work with:

• Community Tech Tree
  • SETI Tech Tree
  • Engineering Tech Tree
  • Open Tech Tree

I got the same issue Method missing member had.

Can't run Historical Tech tree, manual install or Ckan: nothing appears in-game.

Got another problem with your historical Progression mod, i can't install your mod via CKAN (Apply changes is grey), but manual works like a charm.

I'm running alarm clock and engineer redux mod, no tech tree mods at all.

It seems promising anyway ! :)

8 hours ago, Franctireur said:

I got the same issue Method missing member had.

Can't run Historical Tech tree, manual install or Ckan: nothing appears in-game.

Got another problem with your historical Progression mod, i can't install your mod via CKAN (Apply changes is grey), but manual works like a charm.

I'm running alarm clock and engineer redux mod, no tech tree mods at all.

It seems promising anyway ! :)

I cannot figure out why this wouldn't work for you. There is nothing in the file that would prevent it from working. Just to make sure that it is "installed" correctly, do you have the HPTechTree folder in the GameData folder? 

6 hours ago, pap1723 said:

I cannot figure out why this wouldn't work for you. There is nothing in the file that would prevent it from working. Just to make sure that it is "installed" correctly, do you have the HPTechTree folder in the GameData folder? 

I have the same problem.

In the Gamedata two folders: Squad and HPTechTree

Upd

Fixed after install ModuleManager from ckan

Edited by tiberinx
fix

On 7/28/2016 at 6:58 AM, pap1723 said:

• Community Tech Tree
  • SETI Tech Tree
  • Engineering Tech Tree
  • Open Tech Tree

OMG, I just nuked KSP, opened the folder, nuked the folder (left over after steam uninstall) and reinstalled and it still didn't work. Thankfully I came back here to look around a bit before complaining again.

I installed ModuleManager from ckan as tiberinx said that fixed his issue and it fixed mine too! 

Please add installation instructions and at least indicate that this mod requires modulemanager to work!

3 minutes ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

if I install this on a early career save will it ruin it? Don't really want to start ober the 7 hours I've plugged into it already

It really depends on how far into it you are. It won't ruin anything in particular, but some parts will be locked (Command Pod Mk.1) that weren't when you initially started. It is not ideal to plug it in after the fact.

I just found out about this tech tree from Modding Mondays. This looks really good. I've tried ALL the other tech trees with optimism and hope. Except for Unmanned Before Manned, I end up getting stuck not being able to upgrade because I don't have the tech to complete contracts...This arrangement looks like I won't have that problem.

One Request: Please add support for Ven's Revamp. Thanks for making this mod!

Edited by KraterKreator
Punctuation

VERSION 1.3

• Integrated Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes mod so if the node is empty, it will not be displayed
  • NEW MOD SUPPORT
    • Cormorant Aeronology
    • Kerbalism
    • Near Future
    • Atomic Age
    • Vens Stock Revamp
    • KIS
    • KAS
    • HabTech
    • Surface Experiment Package

@KraterKreator see Vens is included

Hello pap1723,

I have installed a few of the supported mods you have there (and only the supported mods and their dependencies for the exception of chatterer), however, quite a big number of tech nodes just don't have any parts or are simply missing. 

By missing, I mean that they are empty but still shown in the tech tree (see album bellow).

I am doing something wrong? 

Using 1.3.

http://imgur.com/a/5WBdW

Thank you.

Edited by PolishRenegade
Extra info

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

VERSION 1.3

• Integrated Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes mod so if the node is empty, it will not be displayed
  • NEW MOD SUPPORT
    • Cormorant Aeronology
    • Kerbalism
    • Near Future
    • Atomic Age
    • Vens Stock Revamp
    • KIS
    • KAS
    • HabTech
    • Surface Experiment Package

@KraterKreator see Vens is included

Nice!

Thanks for the other mods too. I'm ready to start a new game with this mod.

1 hour ago, Loskene said:

I'm getting the same thing as Polishrenegade, none of the parts seem to have been moved from their stock tree locations, they all have their usual parts, but all the ones with the mod's custom descriptions are empty.

Let me see what I can find out. It sounds like I may have fay fingered some code somewhere. 

This tree seems like it would be a great alternative to RP-0 in Realism Overhaul.  RP-0 is awesome and challenging, however it lacks significant mod support (especially since it stops at modern times).  It's also very narrowly focused, which can be stiffling to those who enjoy more "creative" space programs.  I've always wanted to make something like this myself.  It also seems to support most mods that RO does so that's definitely a plus! :) 

I know RO changes parts to RL equivilants which would be a nightmare to reconfigure with this tree, however.  But those who aren't obsessed with that level of realism could work with this.  

Oooor, you could do a "RO-lite" with real fuels and a smaller Sol System and this tree.  

Edited by autumnalequinox
more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.