[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

3 minutes ago, Bombaatu said:

I see that you support the MOLE & Buffalo mods from Angel125 - any chance that PathFinder & DSEV will also be supported?

They are on my list to support in the future, don't know when I will get to them though. 

4 hours ago, olekopyto said:

Atlas booster in 7th tier?

They were invented in 1957 m8!

What mod are you referring to? I probably mistyped a part, however, there are also Atlas variants that have been created up to modern day and are still being modified.

7 hours ago, olekopyto said:

Atlas booster in 7th tier?

They were invented in 1957 m8!

So I just looked, the boosters you are referring to are the Muo 1 based off the Atlas 1 that was developed and had the first flight in 1990.

The Atlas you are thinking of is the Atlas LV-3B which is properly unlocked with the Muo engines in Tier 4 at the time of the Mercury missions.

Edited by pap1723

Pap, since this concerns BDB, I'd like to try and help clarify. The Muo 1 is based on, to quote myself, the 'Atlas 1'. That is incorrect on my end. It should represent the Atlas D/E/F/G variants used for Mercury/Agena/Centaur launchers. they can be used to build all variants up to and including the Atlas 2AS (though we do not have Castor 4s or whatever the SRBs are). Hope that helps!

14 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Pap, since this concerns BDB, I'd like to try and help clarify. The Muo 1 is based on, to quote myself, the 'Atlas 1'. That is incorrect on my end. It should represent the Atlas D/E/F/G variants used for Mercury/Agena/Centaur launchers. they can be used to build all variants up to and including the Atlas 2AS (though we do not have Castor 4s or whatever the SRBs are). Hope that helps!

That is what I meant!

@pap1723 I just spend a few minutes playing with this mod and and your Historical Progression. Holy cow! Just using stock parts, it feels like a brand new AND FUN game. The parts make sense. I even used the freaking Venier RCS thrusters (which I never ever ever ever use) so I could steer my LV-T30 engine. This is amazing! Thank you for all of the hard work you've put into this.

Spoiler

My only request would be if you could put HGR 1.875 rocket parts into your tree. I have a soft spot for those parts and just can't seem to cull them from my list of mods.

On 8/17/2016 at 10:49 AM, CobaltWolf said:

This will be fixed for the next version release. Thanks for the feedback!

So I had an issue where a bunch of KAS and KIS parts weren't showing up in my tree. Upon poking around in the config, I discovered all my missing parts were supposed to be included in Advanced Metalwork. I edited the config, moving them to actuators, and they showed up just fine.

Now, my game is modded all to hell, so it might have just been some voodoo on my end, but I'm curious, has anyone else encountered this issue?

Edit: The parts listed for advanced metalworks capitalizes the W in [advMetalWorks]. I belive it should be [advMetalworks] as that's what the node itself seems to use.

Edited by Khantemplation
Clarification

I've been enjoying this mod a lot, but some parts seem to be missing from SpaceY.  In particular, both flavors of aerodynamic radial decouplers (the ones with the built-in separatrons) are nowhere to be found, and the 5m fairing is gone. Is the mod properly mapping all SpaceY parts to the nodes in the tech tree?

On August 19, 2016 at 11:09 PM, pap1723 said:

This will be fixed for the next version release. Thanks for the feedback!

You have done a fantastic job man this is my new favorite tech tree. However there is quite a bit of balancing that needs to be done with BDB. The Muo isn't the only problem. The Sarnus launcher is very early in the tech tree and the Prometheus is quite late too. @CobaltWolf has different iterations of all the launchers from younger to newer. I know you are addressing this and he cleared it up before but I just wanted to make sure that you noticed the Sarnus and Prometheus were out of place as well. Looking forward to the next update and all the new additions. Great great job!

22 hours ago, pap1723 said:

It will be added to the next release

Good news for @akron !

2 hours ago, sp1989 said:

You have done a fantastic job man this is my new favorite tech tree. However there is quite a bit of balancing that needs to be done with BDB. The Muo isn't the only problem. The Sarnus launcher is very early in the tech tree and the Prometheus is quite late too. @CobaltWolf has different iterations of all the launchers from younger to newer. I know you are addressing this and he cleared it up before but I just wanted to make sure that you noticed the Sarnus and Prometheus were out of place as well. Looking forward to the next update and all the new additions. Great great job!

Yes, especially as, for example, the Prometheus ranges from one of the first operations ICBMs, to a launcher from the early 90s, with a large number of permutations between. The Sarnus would be a bit less so, though I imagine the more wild variants could be spread out to the equivalent of the late 80s for some of the more advanced ones. @pap1723 if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask me. Particularly, especially as many of the parts are based on PROPOSALS that, while serious, never made it past the drawing board in real life. The Chryslus upper stages come to mind. PM me and I can try and make a writeup describing an overview and perhaps some things that I think may trip you up. I would love to see these never-flown parts be included properly so that it could be easier to play a 'never flown' alternate space race progression. :wink:

Edited by CobaltWolf

2 hours ago, sp1989 said:

Please see the spreadsheet that I am linking on here as I may or may not be grouping things in the right area. For example, the Sarnus rocket parts that are included in the release so far are parts for the S-I and S-IV stages that were originally used on the Saturn I which had its first launch in 1961. If these parts are supposed to be representing the S-IB, then I will of course move them.

4 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Good news for @akron !

Yes, especially as, for example, the Prometheus ranges from one of the first operations ICBMs, to a launcher from the early 90s, with a large number of permutations between. The Sarnus would be a bit less so, though I imagine the more wild variants could be spread out to the equivalent of the late 80s for some of the more advanced ones. @pap1723 if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask me. Particularly, especially as many of the parts are based on PROPOSALS that, while serious, never made it past the drawing board in real life. The Chryslus upper stages come to mind. PM me and I can try and make a writeup describing an overview and perhaps some things that I think may trip you up. I would love to see these never-flown parts be included properly so that it could be easier to play a 'never flown' alternate space race progression. :wink:

OK, instead of asking about individual items, I am going to post the Spreadsheet that I use to figure out when the things should be placed on the Tech Tree as well as what I thought they corresponded with based on the names, descriptions and values. If things need to change, I absolutely will move them as BDB is one of the types of mods that works perfectly with a tree like this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F6xfr26PzXLv3ZGT1kw9fFciDRWhciK5FN6TJixorKI/edit?usp=sharing

12 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Please see the spreadsheet that I am linking on here as I may or may not be grouping things in the right area. For example, the Sarnus rocket parts that are included in the release so far are parts for the S-I and S-IV stages that were originally used on the Saturn I which had its first launch in 1961. If these parts are supposed to be representing the S-IB, then I will of course move them.

OK, instead of asking about individual items, I am going to post the Spreadsheet that I use to figure out when the things should be placed on the Tech Tree as well as what I thought they corresponded with based on the names, descriptions and values. If things need to change, I absolutely will move them as BDB is one of the types of mods that works perfectly with a tree like this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F6xfr26PzXLv3ZGT1kw9fFciDRWhciK5FN6TJixorKI/edit?usp=sharing

You actually did fairly well! I like that you caught that the SOLTAN boosters belonged sort of with Titan I - though they were developed for Titan II (well, III) they fit, timeline-wise, in with Titan I. They're also more appropriately scaled for the launcher. Overall everything is excellently placed.

Only a couple nitpicks - I think the Juno/Chryslus upper stages should be bumped up to perhaps 3 or 4. They were vying for the niche that was eventually filled by Thor Agena and Thor Ablestar/Delta. More info here.

And the H1C? Was that only used on Saturn 1B? I am not sure. It is the unaspirated, non gimballing version that would have been used as the center four engines on the S1 stage. I am not sure if the Saturn 1 version used it though. The stage went through a fair number of changes between Saturn 1 and Saturn 1B. I wouldn't be surprised.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.