Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That is a pretty cool idea, but i think its more of a mod idea for something like a modpack. Because VR in stock KSP sounds pretty cool, but the graphics just dont fit in with VR. But combine it with Scatterer and EVE and you are going to have the time of your life i swear to the kraken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NSEP said:

That is a pretty cool idea, but i think its more of a mod idea for something like a modpack. Because VR in stock KSP sounds pretty cool, but the graphics just dont fit in with VR. But combine it with Scatterer and EVE and you are going to have the time of your life i swear to the kraken.

I dunno, a lot of cartoony games work great in VR, and I'm not sure KSP would handle high-quality graphics and being basically run on two screens at once (maybe three) and the tracking of the headset and hand controllers very well. It'd be a cool mod though if someone could get it to work!

Edited by cubinator
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2016 at 9:48 PM, cubinator said:

I dunno, a lot of cartoony games work great in VR, and I'm not sure KSP would handle high-quality graphics and being basically run on two screens at once (maybe three) and the tracking of the headset and hand controllers very well. It'd be a cool mod though if someone could get it to work!

I thought it would look good with a more cartoony style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zebidia kerman said:

I thought it would look good with a more cartoony style.

Less detail is always easier to do in VR, especially when it has to go hand in hand with complex physics calculations. But if I could get RVE running smoothly in a headset, I would totally go for it. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few guys already did VR for KSP on a Google Cardboard-like device with some Android apps, including TrinusVR which allows you to send your screen to your phone so you can view it with VR headgear. The results are pretty cool especially if you fly IVA.

Not sure if the head tracking works decent enough though. That may still need some work which could warrant a special VR mod.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...