Problems with UI scaling

I haven't played KSP for almost a year, but recently decided to blow a couple of kerbals once more :confused:

After updating the game to latest version and starting it i've faced with some problems. Well, actually there was only one problem - the size of Navball and other UI elements in the game. UI size seems quite normal in menu and Space center, but I remember that when controlling vessels things were smaller than now.

Of course, there is 'UI Scaling' in the game settings. After setting it to a minimum value - 80%, I was quite satisfied with the resulting size of Navball and other details, but text in menus and other places became unreadable.

Just look at these letters. Look at letter 'a' in 'Reaction wheels'. Doesn't look right, isn't it ? And it's not so blurry because i have JPEG-ed the screenshots too much (actually they are in PNG), it really looks like this in the game.

Spoiler

LhQeht4.png

kyi2PLw.png

So, my question is: Is it possible to change size of Navball, time-acceleration-scale, altitude-meter and other things back to their pre-patch states, without making text elements unreadable?

Even mods are acceptable, if there is no other option. I really want to play this game without having Navball occupying half of my screen. And with readable text. Like it was about a year ago, before the patch ;.;

I'm using latest Windows version with 1366x768 monitor (the same monitor as I used before the patch).

7 minutes ago, mr_arthur said:

So, my question is: Is it possible to change size of Navball, time-acceleration-scale, altitude-meter and other things back to their pre-patch states, without making text elements unreadable?

Yes. Leave the UI scaling options in the main menu alone, then in the flight scene hit esc and use the scaling options there, each element can be resized independently to taste (and the navball can be repositioned, too).

Also: Welcome aboard!

15 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes. Leave the UI scaling options in the main menu alone, then in the flight scene hit esc and use the scaling options there, each element can be resized independently to taste (and the navball can be repositioned, too).

Also: Welcome aboard!

Wow, I didn't know, there is SO CONVENIENT option in the game :o 

Thank you for quick reply, sir Red Iron Crown :lol: This new version hides so many new little features from me... And I'm going to experience them all !

Edited by mr_arthur

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.